Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
He's 19:laugh::laugh:
So....move Kostin for someone who could become what Kostin could become? I just dont get this. Yes there are outlier cases where you can move a prospect for a pick but most times teams just like to pick their own guy, And this scenario isnt likely.

I'd move Kostin for a now player but that would mess with the expansion draft, so that wouldnt be the best idea
I’m almost always all about patience and allowing prospects to develop.

I’m not giving Kostin this benefit of the doubt. Moving on now.

Book it

He will never be a NHLer

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I’m almost always all about patience and allowing prospects to develop.

I’m not giving Kostin this benefit of the doubt. Moving on now.

Book it

He will never be a NHLer
I just don't buy the high end offensive upside, I also disagree with saying he is a boom-bust guy. I think he could carve out a decent career running around and hitting people, I just don't think he will ever be more than maybe 30-40 point guy in the NHL.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I just don't buy the high end offensive upside, I also disagree with saying he is a boom-bust guy. I think he could carve out a decent career running around and hitting people, I just don't think he will ever be more than maybe 30-40 point guy in the NHL.
I'd say that's a realistic target for him and if he plays a power forward game, that's a valuable player to have.

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
I’m not married to my position and I appreciate your even-handed approach. I wish the best for him.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
All this chatter about Kostin being a bust etc, I'm going to link a comment I'd previously made to put a few things in perspective again...

Blues Prospects Thread 2018-2019
100% agree. He has all the tools. He just needs to learn how to play the North american style on north american ice, against men...(Helping his general decision making in pushing the puck north rather than making east/west moves in the DZ and NZ and on entries, tends to be the toughest thing for young players to learn coming here, using there speed to create, not only their hands)..and he's been doing it in what's generally regarded by most players as the toughest league to play in, in the world. There's a reason they call it the jungle lmao.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Korac's latest article has comments from Thorburn on Kostin.....basically...be patient

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Kostin's first 2 years in NA were to be taken with a grain of salt anyway. Next season is when we will need him to start performing well in the AHL. If he struggles once again, THEN I'll worry a bit. But for now, no.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Any one think Florida will have any interest in Allen for a number one in the draft?
No. And I don't think the Blues are going to part with him next season. They'll just pay him his salary, and let Binnington win the job in camp again. Allen is a very good quality NHL back-up goalie. If Binnington proves to have sustainable starting caliber play, there may be time to work in Husso (still have hopes he'll be something) or obtain a cheaper back-up when they have to start paying Binnington starter money.

If the Blues trade Allen:
1) They'll only do it if they get an actual return with some value. They won't give up assets to offload him.
2) If so, who is your tandem with Binnington next year? There are a lot of lesser options (than Allen) that would cost nearly the same. They aren't going to attract/pay a starter caliber guy (basically just Bobrovsky is left in that market). I'd prefer to have a guy who has functioned as a starter competently at times as the back-up.

Reactions: LGB

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
No. And I don't think the Blues are going to part with him next season. They'll just pay him his salary, and let Binnington win the job in camp again. Allen is a very good quality NHL back-up goalie. If Binnington proves to have sustainable starting caliber play, there may be time to work in Husso (still have hopes he'll be something) or obtain a cheaper back-up when they have to start paying Binnington starter money.

1) They'll only do it if they get an actual return with some value. They won't give up assets to offload him.
2) If so, who is your tandem with Binnington next year? There are a lot of lesser options (than Allen) that would cost nearly the same. They aren't going to attract/pay a starter caliber guy (basically just Bobrovsky is left in that market). I'd prefer to have a guy who has functioned as a starter competently at times as the back-up.
Totally agree. Allen has actually been pretty good ever since he became the backup, and if we want to move him this season we will almost certainly have to pay to do so. Might as well just hold onto him for another season while we have the cap room, and hopefully he can play his way to being a positive asset next season. Even if he doesn't it will be much easier to offload him with only one year left on his contract.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018

There was mention of Brian Elliott returning as a backup for Binnington next season.

No problem with keeping Allen but I would guess Doug Armstrong is looking for a way back into the first round.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
I'm in the same boat as Celtic. If we were able to pull off a Rundblad type trade with Kostin, I'd pull the trigger on that. I just haven't been enthused with his play at all from my own viewings.
I would take something similar if available. I still would like to address the D in this draft, and trading Kostin for the rights to draft Broberg etc... would be ideal.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Reinke is a star dman and Scott Purinachow is looking very good in NCAA hockey but we need to address the defense. Blues have found a good bit of potential in the 2nd+. Tarasenko was a special case, not an expected one.

Reactions: JoshFromMO

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Reinke is a star dman and Scott Purinachow is looking very good in NCAA hockey but we need to address the defense. Blues have found a good bit of potential in the 2nd+. Tarasenko was a special case, not an expected one.
I was trying so hard to figure out who you were talking about until I realized it was Perunovich lol

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I was trying so hard to figure out who you were talking about until I realized it was Perunovich lol
Yea, I hate having to google it to make sure I spelled it right, so I just go with whatever sounds close.:laugh: I havnt personally watched him but national guys seem to pump his tires.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Any one think Florida will have any interest in Allen for a number one in the draft?
Are you asking if Allen can be traded for a first round draft pick, or if Florida would be interested in trading for him to be their #1 goalie? If the former - not a chance in hell (if he could DA would be insane not to make that trade).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->