Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I don’t think we talk about Nyquist enough as a buy-low candidate. .81 PPG and #68 for forward scoring - just a few steps below Tarasenko.

Adding Stone would be like adding another ROR - we should do it if we can get him long-term.

Reactions: STLomacneko

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
How are we adding stone. What is that deal because I wont like it. The guys we'd clear for salary wont waive and the asset cost will be brutal.

Kyrou, 2020 1st, Sanford/Blais, Fabbri
would need to clear salary next year for the extension, but Allen & Bouwmeester alone could do that.

Schenn-ROR-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Thomas-Stone
Steen-Bozak-Maroon
Barby-Sundqvist-Blais/Sanford

Stone is the only guy i'd trade Kyrou for, and it would have to be with an extension forth-coming...not for a rental. Panarin won't sign here, so I wouldn't even consider that.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
would need to clear salary next year for the extension, but Allen & Bouwmeester alone could do that.

Schenn-ROR-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Thomas-Stone
Steen-Bozak-Maroon

Stone is the only guy i'd trade Kyrou for, and it would have to be with an extension forth-coming...not for a rental. Panarin won't sign here, so I wouldn't even consider that.
That doesn't get it done. Nashville and Winnipeg beat that.

Nashville can roll out Fiala, Tolvenen, Fabbro and picks

Winny had Ehlers, Roslovic, Vasi and picks.

If we add it's a 2nd tier player like Zucc, Dzingel, Nyquist or it will be someone who isnt in the headlines. We dont have the ammo for Duchene/Stone and Panarin is not realistic. CBJ isnt moving him for futures. It will be a hockey trade or ELITE prospects.

Reactions: RoarBacon

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I'm very ok with adding Mike Hoffman. Signed for another year and crushing it in Florida this year. Consistent goal scorer
Might need to scout his wife a little before making that deal, but if the FO does their due diligence on his weird thing with Karlsson and decides that it won't be a problem I certainly wouldn't be opposed.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
WPG and NSH only beat our offer if they can sign him long-term, and that isn’t a guarantee - especially in NSH. Both teams would have to move out current roster players just to fit him this year and would likely lose another roster player next year for his extension.

There are few players that I would move Kyrou for, but Stone and Panarin are two of them.

It’s realistic to add either - but it’s not likely. That said, it’s not “likely” that any team adds them over any other. If Armstrong is to keep to his word, not even Nyquist is an option due to him being just a rental. I’m hoping Armstrong reconsiders either way.

We imagined Schenn and O’Reilly would take the world to grab, and I’d argue that O’Reilly was worth far more than a rental Stone or Panarin are when he was traded for our #4 forward prospect, a 1st with conditions, and two meh roster players. We absolutely have the ammo to get it done - the question is will Armstrong be interested enough to do so?

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Personally I would be fine just staying the course at the deadline. Get healthy, get Fabbri some more game action. Roll out something like this.

Schenn - O’Reilly - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Thomas - Perron
Fabbri - Bozak - Steen
Barbashev - Sundqvist - Maroon/Sanford

In the offseason I would love to see Army make a play on Stone. I see him as a winger version of O’Reilly. Could you imagine having two of them?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
WPG and NSH only beat our offer if they can sign him long-term, and that isn’t a guarantee - especially in NSH. Both teams would have to move out current roster players just to fit him this year and would likely lose another roster player next year for his extension.

There are few players that I would move Kyrou for, but Stone and Panarin are two of them.

It’s realistic to add either - but it’s not likely. That said, it’s not “likely” that any team adds them over any other. If Armstrong is to keep to his word, not even Nyquist is an option due to him being just a rental. I’m hoping Armstrong reconsiders either way.

We imagined Schenn and O’Reilly would take the world to grab, and I’d argue that O’Reilly was worth far more than a rental Stone or Panarin are when he was traded for our #4 forward prospect, a 1st with conditions, and two meh roster players. We absolutely have the ammo to get it done - the question is will Armstrong be interested enough to do so?
Wha?

No one saw Schenn coming.

Personally I said 1st+Thompson+Berglund. I missed the 2nd+Sobokta...but Berglund and Sobokta were dumps so whatever.

Buffalo fans thought they'd get the world for him.....not Blues fans. Most I saw wouldnt move on Kyrou and deffinently not Thomas.

You're assuming Jarmo is going to move Panarin regardless. From his Sirius interview, he's not. They will want a top 6 player+
If the Blues want him, it will hurt...bad. you're asking CBJ to bow out of the playoffs. Even 1 series win will mean more then a pick and prospects

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Wha?

Personally I said 1st+Thompson+Berglund. I missed the 2nd+Sobokta...but Berglund and Sobokta were dumps so whatever.

Buffalo fans thought they'd get the world for him.....not Blues fans. Most I saw wouldnt move on Kyrou and deffinently not Thomas

We were the only two I think who were super close on the ROR deal. I had tweeted/posted Thompson+Sobotka+1st+2nd

Reactions: Dbrownss

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Wha?

Buffalo fans thought they'd get the world for him.....not Blues fans. Most I saw wouldnt move on Kyrou and deffinently not Thomas.

You're assuming Jarmo is going to move Panarin regardless. From his Sirius interview, he's not. They will want a top 6 player+
If the Blues want him, it will hurt...bad. you're asking CBJ to bow out of the playoffs. Even 1 series win will mean more then a pick and prospects
Schenn was discussed plenty on the main board. The price was high (it’s always higher than these players actually go for), and didn’t include a cap dump going their way.

As for O’Reilly everyone claimed it would cost a lot and prayed it didn’t include Kyrou or Thomas. We didn’t think it would cost less than that - we just drew a line based on Armstrong’s comments and our own desire to keep those prospects; again, not because O’Reilly wasn’t worth them.

O’Reilly was worth significantly more than a rental Panarin or Stone given his term and position. It would not take Kyrou to get either as a rental - and it won’t cost that type of value for whatever team does grab them. There is no prescedent for that kind of a trade.

Tolvanen and Fabbro aren’t blue chip prospects like they’ve been hyped to be. Both players have major question marks in the scouting community. Fiala is available for a reason. Nashville has a cap crunch coming with their defense, and not a lot of room to maneuver this year.

Winnipeg has a major cap crunch coming up and their biggest need is at center - not wing. Their prospect pool is also a lot shallower as most have graduated two years ago. Again, they would also have to send cap the other way just to grab Stone for this year - let alone next.

The Blues have the ability to go after these players.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
If they get him, I'd enjoy it to only be a rental

I have a feeling that if they are moving Ehlers and other young parts for him then they have every intention of re-signing him. Considering he is from Winnipeg, I bet he would have every intention of re-signing too.

Losing him after 3 months and after giving up Ehlers would be a disastrous move. You gotta keep him and move someone else for young pieces to clear room if necessary.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Schenn was discussed plenty on the main board. The price was high (it’s always higher than these players actually go for), and didn’t include a cap dump going their way.

As for O’Reilly everyone claimed it would cost a lot and prayed it didn’t include Kyrou or Thomas. We didn’t think it would cost less than that - we just drew a line based on Armstrong’s comments and our own desire to keep those prospects; again, not because O’Reilly wasn’t worth them.

O’Reilly was worth significantly more than a rental Panarin or Stone given his term and position. It would not take Kyrou to get either as a rental - and it won’t cost that type of value for whatever team does grab them. There is no prescedent for that kind of a trade.

Tolvanen and Fabbro aren’t blue chip prospects like they’ve been hyped to be. Both players have major question marks in the scouting community. Fiala is available for a reason. Nashville has a cap crunch coming with their defense, and not a lot of room to maneuver this year.

Winnipeg has a major cap crunch coming up and their biggest need is at center - not wing. Their prospect pool is also a lot shallower as most have graduated two years ago. Again, they would also have to send cap the other way just to grab Stone for this year - let alone next.

The Blues have the ability to go after these players.
Both Nashville and Winnipeg are desperate....especially Nashville. There will be a bidding war for Stone. If the Blues want an invite to that party, it's going to start with Kyrou.

Panarin....again. He's not going for a rental package.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO

A report came out around the end of July that Buffalo wanted a top prospect, 1st, and 2nd. It was also reported that Thomas wasn't included in discussions.

Most of us figured a 1st, 2nd, Sobotka(or Berglund...one salary dump) were in any offer. The problem was figuring out which of Kyrou, Kostin, or Thompson was going to Buffalo.

Buffalo's desire to move ROR mixed with a lack of suitors with better prospects/cap room meant the Blues could offer up Thompson instead of Kyrou and make a deal. Adding both Berglund and Sobotka was incredible on Army's part. As was making Thompson the main prospect.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
ROR was worth far more than any rental player - if the price for a rental like Panarin or Stone is less than the price for O’Reilly, then we should be able to play. That’s my point.

If WPG sends Ehlers to OTT, they should be running to the bank with that.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
ROR was worth far more than any rental player - if the price for a rental like Panarin or Stone is less than the price for O’Reilly, then we should be able to play. That’s my point.

If WPG sends Ehlers to OTT, they should be running to the bank with that.
Stone is the only 1st line winger that has legs to be available....as of now though that's up in the air. I dont know if Ottawa is trying to drive up the price with the contract talk mumbo jumbo......

The only way Panarin will be a rental is Columbus' rental. I wouldnt even factor him in

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018

Schenn-ROR-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Thomas-Stone
Steen-Bozak-Maroon

I would love to aquire Stone as well, but moving Kyrou will leave our A prospect cupboard essentially empty. Kostin and Bokk are high B's at best, if we had another prospect with anything close to the ceiling that Kyrou has it would be more palatable. This organization can't afford to go 2 consecutive years without a first rounder with no guarantee that Armstrong would be able to pull one out of his hat by next year's deadline, and we need to be looking into drafting a legit top pairing LHD prospect sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad