Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Dom reporting that a big trade might happen tomorrow. Bruins, Oilers, Blues, Sens, Ducks, and Flyers are looking to make moves.

Schenn is being talked about a lot. Oilers are definitely interested in being a part of the deal. I think they are willing to offer more than 1st+Puljujaarvi+Talbot for a place at the table, but I’m not sure if there are more pieces involved.

Possible three-way with EDM-BOS-STL?
And how does 3 way work if both Edmonton and Bostin want same guy. Trade isn’t the kind of 3-way that works like this.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I put this in the Heinen thread. Probably belongs here also

Everyone in LA is available except Kopitar, Doughty, and Brown. Quick likely to be moved at the draft. Send offers of picks/prospects or players that can fill a gap for a year or two while they develop their prospects.

A team not named the Bruins has made an offer of a first round pick for the most talked about player on this board. Problem is, they have next to nothing else to offer. And I am not convinced the GM making the offer has the power to pull off a trade on his own

For Schenn. (I believe he is the most talked about player in this thread(s))

You are on the right track, but no.

I'm not there so I don't see who is there. But I did get a text saying they are not all scouts.

There is a member of the "management team" there.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt, they are there to watch "certain players".

They watched Providence last night ;)

I have a feeling F5 will be the most used key on keyboards tonight and tomorrow. I for one can't put my phone down.

I wish I could share the names that are there. There are actually 4 of them not 3 as per the tweet. This is not a pre-scout for a game Thursday. This is a management team plus one scout.

I know it's difficult for some people to take my word for it.

But @Gee Wally will tell you this is 100% legit.

Not personally :laugh: (That's the best answer you'll get).

I do know who really impressed them in the first period though.

Told JFJ is at the game with Sweeney tonight as well.

Go check the Bruins trade thread and search Dom - OHL’a most recent posts for the originals so you can see who he is quoting and to put his posts into context. In general, lots of scouting going on between BOS and STL. EDM made an offer of a 1st+ for Schenn, but that won’t be enough. Boston or another team might have to get involved since EDM has nothing left we are interested in that they are willing to give up. Gryz is the player I think that impressed in the first period tonight at BOS v. MTL.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I want nothing to do with Grzelcyk. Boston keeps trying to fob him off on us for a reason. He is a#4 LD at best. He is already 25. We have no need for him. We have a player in the system very much like him in Perunovich. If Boston wants one of our forwards it better be for a better LD prospect like Lauzon or Zboril.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I think I’d do a trade of Puljujarvi/Yamamoto+Talbot+Kassian+2019 1st+ for Schenn+Maroon(50%)

It makes sense with the rumor of Allen+prospect(Blais?)+ for Simmonds that Jamie Rivers was talking about.

Steen-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Thomas-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Bozak-Simmonds
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Kassian
Sanford, Nolan

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Gunnarsson

Talbot/Binnington

JP/Yama go to San Antonio and get some much needed development

Reactions: simon IC

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
If the best we are going to get for Schenn is Edmonton's 1st and Gryz, I'd rather hang on to Schenn.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
If the best we are going to get for Schenn is Edmonton's 1st and Gryz, I'd rather hang on to Schenn.
With him having another year after this I agree. Schenn's value won't be any lower than that next deadline. I'd rather have Schenn for another full season than a bad roster player and a mid first. We can get that at the deadline next year if he absolutely won't re-sign here.

Reactions: simon IC

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
We just put together the 1st 3 game win streak of the year. Maybe, just maybe, this team is starting to gel. Let's hold off on any big trades that don't involve Allen.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Or you take Caleb Jones a LHD, who has taken his rookie call-up and run with it. Jones' offence hasn't been spectacular, but he's been given 2nd pairing minutes by Hitch as of his 3rd game with Edmonton at the age of 21. For Hitch to give him meaningful minutes that quickly, over proven vets like Benning, Petrovic, Manning, Gravel and Garrison should say something about him.

You take Jones, a 1st and Talbot for Schenn - bolster our LHD, which is about to take a huge hit in depth this summer and run with ROR, Thomas, Bozak, Barby or Sunny in some combination down the middle. Waive Allen or flip JBo/Gunny for a mid pick to free up the cap space and run for the hills laughing.

Or you stand pat on the Oilers trade front, because most packages don't fill our needs in terms of NHL ready players that aren't salary dumps.
I have a hard time believing he is available. I'd like it, if they can pull it off.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
If we deal as Schenn Bruins are team that could give us young players who help us now. Oil really can’t. Given where we are in standings I don’t see us dealing him just for futures unless idea is to use futures to get help. My sense is Army doesn’t want to punt on season if he can avoid it.
The Bruins have some pieces that can definitely help us. Love to see Lauzon in a Blues sweater.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
We just put together the 1st 3 game win streak of the year. Maybe, just maybe, this team is starting to gel. Let's hold off on any big trades that don't involve Allen.

I agree. Maybe it is viewed as too little to late, but none of the proposals do anything for me. I see no reason to add prospect forwards. We have better then those being offered - we have better then Yamamoto and MSP 2.0.

And with the way the d has played over the past two months...... I see no reason to add Gryz. I am not even sure why we have a fan that is infatuated with him.

Unless Schenn will not resign, then there is no reason to move him.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
I agree. Maybe it is viewed as too little to late, but none of the proposals do anything for me. I see no reason to add prospect forwards. We have better then those being offered - we have better then Yamamoto and MSP 2.0.

And with the way the d has played over the past two months...... I see no reason to add Gryz. I am not even sure why we have a fan that is infatuated with him.

Unless Schenn will not resign, then there is no reason to move him.
Blue would be the right color for Yamamoto to be Hockey smurf.... I don't have much interest in the Oilers other than Bouchard or Jones, which I don't want or offsetting salary of another player I don't want.

Why would Boston part with Gryz, if they are in a playoff run? They can't part with any legit pieces and compete with Tampa.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I want nothing to do with Grzelcyk. Boston keeps trying to fob him off on us for a reason. He is a#4 LD at best. He is already 25. We have no need for him. We have a player in the system very much like him in Perunovich. If Boston wants one of our forwards it better be for a better LD prospect like Lauzon or Zboril.

Absolutely. Boston seems to really want to shoehorn Gryz and to a much larger extent Heinen, JFK, Cehlarik into any and every trade. They are the most expendable pieces to them. If we are moving one of our better forwards who isn't a rental, why are we taking back spare parts? Gryz seems solid, but not the return I want. Lauzon and Frederic or Gryz and Studnicka. Otherwise, just keep Schenn until draft or deadline next year. We shouldn't be accepting bottom 6 ceiling players that we don't need.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I do imagine that it's just due diligence for the deadline though. I think we are in the mode of gather all information on every possible target, but if playoffs seem likely or if we are in a playoff spot, then you congratulate the players on getting their **** together, and you wait till the draft to make a move. Even if you back into the playoffs because the teams ahead lose, they still had to pull themselves out of the hold they put themselves in.

Reward for fixing it, but don't forget that they broke it in the first place.

Reactions: Dbrownss

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I don't understand the rush to trade Schenn. He's on pace for a 57 point season, basically the same type of production he had when we traded for him. We traded quite a bit for a 55 point center, and in his first season here he was a 70 point center. Now he's back to his career average and we're apparently talking about dealing him for scraps a year before he becomes a rental. Even if he walks after next season I'd rather have 110+ games of Schenn(and potentially more with playoffs this year and/or next) than a bottom pairing D and an average prospect. Unless you're getting a guy like DeBrusk(which you're almost certainly not) what's the point of dealing a top 6 forward for scraps? Guys like Heinen and Grzelyck and JFK and Donato etc. are just spare parts. We're talking about trading a top 6 center(after YEARS of trying to acquire good centers) for guys who are only marginally better than guys who get tossed on waivers each year. There needs to be a premium piece(DeBrusk/Vaak level) coming back for me to have any interest. It's just completely unnecessary unless Schenn is some major cancer in the locker room which doesn't appear to be the case at all(the opposite, really). If he was a UFA this summer then it would be different, but he's not. Feels like something really stupid is about to go down.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Blues are playing some of their best hockey right now, I'd rather not see us move Schenn.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You only move Schenn if you can't keep him. If we are in the playoffs or playing well through the deadline, then you keep him until next deadline. I'd only move him this year if we are completely out of it and he tells Army he wants out, or if we get an absurd offer. Thomas won't be good enough as the #2 center in the playoffs if we get there.

The intriguing thing about this team is how well we play against the good teams in the standings. There is a decent chance we could steal a series or 2. Just imagine the positive vibes a series win would provide after the way this season has went. That would be huge for everyone involved.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Armstrong isn't going to cut the legs out from under this team if he thinks the Blues are still in it.

A lot of the trade speculation has been going on because the Blues were dead last in the NHL (granted with plenty of games in hand but the optics of that never look good). I still expect the Blues to be doing their homework but I'd be surprised if any big trade was imminent.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Armstrong isn't going to cut the legs out from under this team if he thinks the Blues are still in it.

A lot of the trade speculation has been going on because the Blues were dead last in the NHL (granted with plenty of games in hand but the optics of that never look g00d). I still expect the Blues to be doing their homework but I'd be surprised if any big trade was imminent.
Right. Trades don't just happen and GM's don't just pick players out of a hat. If you think you could do a deal, you are going to scout extensively before a deal is even imminent.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Seems like the reverse of last year. If the boys are in the hunt, DA isnt making any moves. He left himself with little cap space so he didnt intend to be a buyer imo. He did his work in the offseason. The UFAs arent valuable enough that he has to move them as we'd get meh picks for guys like Boumeester, Gunny and Maroon. I'd still move Maroon though as he just sucks and his 1/10 NHL level performances doesn't justify his ice time

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Dom reporting that a big trade might happen tomorrow. Bruins, Oilers, Blues, Sens, Ducks, and Flyers are looking to make moves.

Schenn is being talked about a lot. Oilers are definitely interested in being a part of the deal. I think they are willing to offer more than 1st+Puljujaarvi+Talbot for a place at the table, but I’m not sure if there are more pieces involved.

Possible three-way with EDM-BOS-STL?
Someone mentioned 1st+Puljujarvi+Talbot on the Bruins board. I don’t remember the exact response from Dom but I remember coming away feeling like it was Yamamoto instead of Puljujarvi.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad