Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Does anybody see any way Armstrong could try and pry Panarin out of Columbus, in an attempt to lure Quenneville to St. Louis? He was very upset that Bowman traded him, and he would also make Tarasenko happier. I also think we are one more elite forward away from truly having a cup contending forward core.

I’d do as much as this to get him here, especially if he resigns with us

Kyrou+Steen+Blais/Walman+2020 1st+conditional pick.

Our top 9 would actually be sick

Schwartz-O’Reilly-Schenn
Panarin-Bozak-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Thomas-Perron

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
He is a UFA. That is a high price to lay for someone who might bolt... likely would bolt.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Can Panarin solve the D-woes and stop the puck from entering the Blues net? If so...absolutely go get him. Otherwise, it's probably not a wise move to expend assets on a guy who would likely find STL to be no more attractive a situation than the one he currently finds himself refusing to extend with in Columbus.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Does anybody see any way Armstrong could try and pry Panarin out of Columbus, in an attempt to lure Quenneville to St. Louis? He was very upset that Bowman traded him, and he would also make Tarasenko happier. I also think we are one more elite forward away from truly having a cup contending forward core.

Schwartz-O’Reilly-Schenn
Panarin-Bozak-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Thomas-Perron
I'm not sure what the rules are about trading a 1st that is part of a trade already committed to. Maybe it would just lock this year's pick for Buffalo even if it is in the Top 10? Either way, that sounds horrible.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm not sure what the rules are about trading a 1st that is part of a trade already committed to. Maybe it would just lock this year's pick for Buffalo even if it is in the Top 10? Either way, that sounds horrible.
Yea, it would guarantee Buffalo our 2019 1st. Terrible idea....

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Schwartz-O’Reilly-Schenn
Panarin-Bozak-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Thomas-Perron
What happens when he doesnt re-sign, and the Blues lose a top 10 pick this year and next year because this team isnt a top line LW from being "good". We'd lose our best prospect, and 2 potential top 10 picks....

Last edited:
Reactions: ScratchCatFever

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I have been all about Panarin since the first game of the year. He is exactly the type of speed/ possession player we need. These guys are right though. I have read he will be seeking upward if 10 million a year and might want to play in a bigger market. Now he could be traded because he will not be signing in Columbus, but he would be just a rental most likely. Bob is probably a more realistic Target to sign but they would have to find a taker for Allen first. The contracts just don't work. Same goes for Jimmy Howard. Detroit would have to take Allen in the trade.

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Panarin is amazing and I'd love to see him wearing the note, but there's no way. If we were in the thick of things this year and our defense was somewhat competent, I'd support a rental trade, but this year is not the year to mortgage our future. Our future is all we've got!

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018

Schwartz-O’Reilly-Schenn
Panarin-Bozak-Tarasenko
Fabbri-Thomas-Perron
Nope.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Figured it was too much of a dream scenario.

I think no matter what happens during the season Panarin is going to test free agency next summer. Army wouldn't be doing his job if he doesn't reach out then to see if there is even the slightest interest but all signs point to Panarin wanting to go to a big market. You never know though maybe a miracle will happen. Spending assets to obtain him this year when the Blues are where they are in the standings would be an very irresponsible move.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Can Panarin solve the D-woes and stop the puck from entering the Blues net? If so...absolutely go get him. Otherwise, it's probably not a wise move to expend assets on a guy who would likely find STL to be no more attractive a situation than the one he currently finds himself refusing to extend with in Columbus.

The biggest woe our team has on defense is our inability to keep the puck in the offensive zone, so yes, he would help a lot. The problem is it's insanely unlikely we can extend him, so we're spending all those assets for no real reason.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
The biggest woe our team has on defense is our inability to keep the puck in the offensive zone, so yes, he would help a lot. The problem is it's insanely unlikely we can extend him, so we're spending all those assets for no real reason.
Agree. The "otherwise" probably should have said "regardless". But even at 20-minutes/night of ice-time, Panarin isn't solving all of defensive/goaltending problems; he isn't exactly known as a defensive wizard.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Panarin would significantly improve our issues on offense and PP, but he wants a big market, so it's Tavares all over again. It's just not realistic.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I posted this on main board and Stars fans seem perhaps receptive: Tarasenko and Schenn to Dallas for Seguin and Shore. Would you do it?

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I posted this on main board and Stars fans seem perhaps receptive: Tarasenko and Schenn to Dallas for Seguin and Shore. Would you do it?
If Schenn isn't going to extend? I'd probably do that.

If Schenn is going to extend? I'd rather have Tarasenko & Schenn at ~$14m than Seguin & Shore at $13m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad