Blues Trade Proposals 2018-2019 - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Seems like the reverse of last year. If the boys are in the hunt, DA isnt making any moves. He left himself with little cap space so he didnt intend to be a buyer imo. He did his work in the offseason. The UFAs arent valuable enough that he has to move them as we'd get meh picks for guys like Boumeester, Gunny and Maroon. I'd still move Maroon though as he just sucks and his 1/10 NHL level performances doesn't justify his ice time
This is actually very true, the opposite of last year. For that reason, I think Armstrong won't sell at the deadline. I wouldn't be shocked if he made a modest rental if there is an area of need, but more likely the team will roll with the depth that they have.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I just saw that post as well. I'm shocked that poster would put forth that much detail and strain whatever relationship he has within the Boston front office.
Pretty sure his contact is in the Blues front office. Not sure exactly who it is, but one of our guys connected to the OHL. He's really more of a Blues insider, that's why he knows about Edmonton making an offer on Schenn, and knew about Nash being offered for Shattenkirk.

The issue before was that he hinted at what the players could be, and people successfully guessed, even though he didn't confirm. the 1st+Gryz+Heinen, was definitely a package offered to us that we didn't accept, but that 1st was probably a 2nd, so if it was accepted, people would've hated it because expectations were incorrectly set high based on that rumor. I'm sure his contact is fine releasing info, just not specifics on players until everything is done.

Reactions: Bergyesque

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
The past 2 years, they fell apart in January and showed their hand to Army as they approached the deadline, and he reacted appropriately. This year’s team is putting him in a pretty awful position, honestly. This year October was their January, and for all the talk of poison and cancers and cliques in the locker room, they are steadily getting better the deeper into the season it goes, even if that progression is a slow one.

It would be hard if they stay in the playoff picture, to do the type of thing he did the last 2 years. Maybe move off some redundant piece or 2 for a pick, but a straight up futures for Shatty or Stastny type deal would probably be pretty depressing for the locker room to deal with if they keep the fight going.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Pretty sure his contact is in the Blues front office. Not sure exactly who it is, but one of our guys connected to the OHL. He's really more of a Blues insider, that's why he knows about Edmonton making an offer on Schenn, and knew about Nash being offered for Shattenkirk.

The issue before was that he hinted at what the players could be, and people successfully guessed, even though he didn't confirm. the 1st+Gryz+Heinen, was definitely a package offered to us that we didn't accept, but that 1st was probably a 2nd, so if it was accepted, people would've hated it because expectations were incorrectly set high based on that rumor. I'm sure his contact is fine releasing info, just not specifics on players until everything is done.
Ahhh. I hadn't considered this guy was a Blues insider. Makes more sense now.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
The past 2 years, they fell apart in January and showed their hand to Army as they approached the deadline, and he reacted appropriately. This year’s team is putting him in a pretty awful position, honestly. This year October was their January, and for all the talk of poison and cancers and cliques in the locker room, they are steadily getting better the deeper into the season it goes, even if that progression is a slow one.

It would be hard if they stay in the playoff picture, to do the type of thing he did the last 2 years. Maybe move off some redundant piece or 2 for a pick, but a straight up futures for Shatty or Stastny type deal would probably be pretty depressing for the locker room to deal with if they keep the fight going.

This year's team is starting to put Armstrong in a great position. A position where his job isn't in jeopardy all of the sudden.

At the beginning of the year, this was a team full of new faces playing a wildly inconsistent schedule full of 3-5 days off between games. Over the past month, this group has looked much more like a cohesive unit and is finally getting a chance to play 3-4 times a week rather than just twice.

A roster full of talent is starting to play up to its potential. I 100% expect any true sell moves(i.e. Schenn) are completely off the table as of right now.

There is still a ton of time for the team to fall apart again but as of now...the playoffs are in sight!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Winnipeg, Tampa, and Philly had scouts at the game last night. If there is any credibility to that Allen/Philly rumor, things could get interesting.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

I'm really confused about the bolded. Can you clarify this for me? We were offered 1st+Gryz+Heinen and rejected it? Or we were offered a 2nd+Gryz+Heinen, but people guessed it was a 1st? Or something else entirely :laugh:

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm really confused about the bolded. Can you clarify this for me? We were offered 1st+Gryz+Heinen and rejected it? Or we were offered a 2nd+Gryz+Heinen, but people guessed it was a 1st? Or something else entirely :laugh:

That's what people guessed Boston offered us, but I'm assuming the 1st was really a 2nd. Fans wouldn't have been too receptive to it if that's what happened. I bet the Blues contact he had was annoyed that the framework got released, but draft pick was incorrect, or just that it was the exact offer, and they assumed he told everyone.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
This year's team is starting to put Armstrong in a great position. A position where his job isn't in jeopardy all of the sudden.

At the beginning of the year, this was a team full of new faces playing a wildly inconsistent schedule full of 3-5 days off between games. Over the past month, this group has looked much more like a cohesive unit and is finally getting a chance to play 3-4 times a week rather than just twice.

A roster full of talent is starting to play up to its potential. I 100% expect any true sell moves(i.e. Schenn) are completely off the table as of right now.

There is still a ton of time for the team to fall apart again but as of now...the playoffs are in sight!

If they continue this progression, you are right. Army holds some leverage now, because the “something must be done” crowd will be quieting down. Wouldn’t be surprised if the best offers he is going to ever get return wise start coming in now.

However, if the next month is stops and starts, and we stay just floating around as a team still in the mix instead of firmly grabbing a playoff spot, it will be a tough decision making spot.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Winnipeg, Tampa, and Philly had scouts at the game last night. If there is any credibility to that Allen/Philly rumor, things could get interesting.
Ah, so the Blues did the right thing by showcasing him. Good job, Allen. ;)

What is Elliott's status? Is he expected to return at all soon?

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

I am a little shocked that the Blues would let out specific information for a trade. We usually hear about offers after the trade has already been made (Such as Shatty stuff and Oshie to Pens). Yes, we usually know a player may be available, but I have always felt it was obvious (Shatty/Oshie). Occassionaly, you will hear that we are in on someone, but usually no where near the specifics.

I just don't see the Blues office leaking a package. It hasn't been their MO.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Would you do Fabbri for Puljujarvi, straight up?

No. While I have big concerns about Fabbri's health. At least he is an NHL top 6 player when healthy. I am not convinced Puiljujarvi will be anything other then MSP and I would rather have injured Fabbri then wavier bait MSP.

But I can understand why others may like Puljujarvi - because he can at least stay healthy.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I am a little shocked that the Blues would let out specific information for a trade. We usually hear about offers after the trade has already been made (Such as Shatty stuff and Oshie to Pens). Yes, we usually know a player may be available, but I have always felt it was obvious (Shatty/Oshie). Occassionaly, you will hear that we are in on someone, but usually no where near the specifics.

I just don't see the Blues office leaking a package. It hasn't been their MO.
From what I remember, and I could be wrong, the guy that Don knows, is one that gets pulled in when something gets more serious, so not main management, but in some sort of brain trust. That guy texted Dom that the Blues received and offer of X. Since Dom doesn't leak any of the actual information, the relationship continues. It's just one of those benefits of knowing people.

I'm sure you can message him if you'd want to know, I just know his information comes from the Blues perspective.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
not sure im interested in trading Schenn for futures any more. Only a couple points out of the playoffs and this team is starting to gel. They are playing a very good team game right now. They could do some damage in the playoffs if they keep it going

Reactions: Dbrownss

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
From what I remember, and I could be wrong, the guy that Don knows, is one that gets pulled in when something gets more serious, so not main management, but in some sort of brain trust. That guy texted Dom that the Blues received and offer of X. Since Dom doesn't leak any of the actual information, the relationship continues. It's just one of those benefits of knowing people.

I'm sure you can message him if you'd want to know, I just know his information comes from the Blues perspective.
He has ties to both organizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad