Confirmed with Link: Blues sign Beau Bennett (1 year @ $650k)

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
While I pretty much agree with most of this, I'd like to provide some context for the Brodziak vs. Bennett argument. First, I'll assume those #s are 5v5, because if we are using Brodziak's PK time to discuss p/60, that's totally unfair. Even assuming 5v5, Brodziak starts 40%+ zone starts in the defensive zone. He was 50%+ this past year. Bennett starts just over 30%. Brodziak played with Reaves and Upshall. Bennett's most consistent linemates were Kunitz and Sutter with the Penguins and Henrique and Zacha with the Devils. Kunitz and Henrique offer far more offensive upside than anything Brodz has had to work with.

I also don't think he is much of an upgrade over Upshall because of Upshall's PK ability. Losing Upshall on the PK will hurt Brodziak on the PK because of how well they worked together. That in turn will hurt the team since they were a great unit.
:(. Isn't Upshall still available? Can we afford him?

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I view Bennett as a RHS Upshall. If he can stay healthy, we might have upgraded with a younger, cheaper, player.

Upshall is still available. Maybe we give him a PTO to beat out Paajarvi or Jaskin in camp, and then sign him?

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I teally hope he works out for you... he deserved better than he got in Pittsburgh... he was clearly a thin scoring winger when he first came up, Bylsma insisted he be used in a checking line role and he did it but got hurt a ton... Mj ignored him... Sullivan had his own favorites when he got here... never really has had a good chance.. lots of skill buried there

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I see no ****ing way Jaskin is better than Upshall. Like ever. I hope Scotty finds a home this season.

They both sucks, but Usphall bring in the table more versatile performance then Jaskin, PK'er + locker room guy.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Upshall was a good 4th-liner but the Blues should be in much better shape now that him and Perron are gone because they took the dumbest penalties on the team.

The rest of the team seems pretty disciplined. Edmundson maybe not but he provides a needed physical presence so I'm fine with his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad