GDT: Blues @ Sharks 12/20/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Love the people that only show up to post when we lose. Literally not a single post while we're winning, then we lose and suddenly they don't shut up. Worst kind of fan. Far worse than bandwagoners.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Wow just a terrible job by the Blues. Came out strong, got the lead, then went into the defensive shell. But their defensive shell wasn't even a strong shell, it was ****in terrible haha. Sloppy as all hell. Just very frustrating.

Bright spots were Jaskin and obviously Steve Ott for scoring a Bure-esque goal

But overall majorly depressing. What did we have, like 2 SOG after the 2nd period?

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I'm not blaming the refs for this.
Blues went passive in the third.
Pietrangelo didn't look good and Bouwmeester looked like absolute hell (mumps?)

Oshie played quite well though.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
We need Gunnarsson and Elliott back. They are both very important calming influences on this team on the back end.

I'm not taking a shot at Allen either. I thought he played very well tonight. The team just seems to play better in front if Elliott.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Carryover from the LA game. They looked lifeless. Sharks always seem to make us look unskilled and grindy in their barn.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Unbelievable how we always go into a defensive shell when up on a team. This was an easy win if this team stopped getting so passive.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
Another lead protecting turtle job backfired. This team seems to have no answer for Joe Thornton, who is a beast.

Steen was atrocious tonight, far outsucking the rest of the forward group. It's like clockwork every 3 games. He'll decide that he's Steve Dangle and his neutral zone play and zone entries suffer majorly because of it.

A lot of discipline from SJS but a bunch of terrible icing calls that chopped up the game by the stripes. Last game it was interference call after interference call and this game you could bear hug someone in the corner if you felt the need. Officiating in this league is brutal.

RR10*

Unbelievable how we always go into a defensive shell when up on a team. This was an easy win if this team stopped getting so passive.
Thats part of Hitch's plan. If you are going to win, win by one goal.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
The referees were terrible tonight, they weren't going to call anything on the Sharks and let some pretty bad interference go a few times. That's not an excuse though, we have to be able to see out a lead in the final minute.

Our defense needs sorted out. Yes, Gunnarsson is out, but we can't go to pieces whenever we have 1 play injured. We are almost exclusively passive, there isn't a need to be overly aggressive, but there needs to be some aggression in how we defend and close gaps. It's not working as it is, if we don't start looking at solutions soon then it's going to be too late.

RR10*

Even the Sharks commentator wondered why the Blues d-men were backing off so much.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Yes, I'm really tired of this sort of thing. The Blues' roster is capable of doing much better. They should have 6-7 more regulation wins than they do, and 3 or 4 of those ended up as losses.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The referees were terrible tonight, they weren't going to call anything on the Sharks and let some pretty bad interference go a few times. That's not an excuse though, we have to be able to see out a lead in the final minute.

Our defense needs sorted out. Yes, Gunnarsson is out, but we can't go to pieces whenever we have 1 play injured. We are almost exclusively passive, there isn't a need to be overly aggressive, but there needs to be some aggression in how we defend and close gaps. It's not working as it is, if we don't start looking at solutions soon then it's going to be too late.

I think the root of the problem comes back to the poor play of Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester lately. They have not been good at all of lately. If they start playing back up to their full abilities I think we'll see a lot of this sloppy play to away.

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
Frustrating loss. That 2-2 goal was really tough to see, we'd just had lots of pressure in their zone prior to that. Very frustrating loss. What is it with these Cali teams?

Back on it again soon.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Yeah, someone needs to explain to Steen that when he's out there with Tarasenko (who didn't look terribly lively tonight for extended periods of time) and Lehtera that Alexander is not the most talented player on the ice and should defer if one of the other two is open.

A blow to the pride sure, but it is what it is.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Another lead protecting turtle job backfired. This team seems to have no answer for Joe Thornton, who is a beast.

Steen was atrocious tonight, far outsucking the rest of the forward group. It's like clockwork every 3 games. He'll decide that he's Steve Dangle and his neutral zone play and zone entries suffer majorly because of it.

A lot of discipline from SJS but a bunch of terrible icing calls that chopped up the game by the stripes. Last game it was interference call after interference call and this game you could bear hug someone in the corner if you felt the need. Officiating in this league is brutal.

Steen was terrible. I hate him on Tarasenko's line. Even with Schwartz's injury I strongly dislike Hitch's decision to split up SOB. They were playing well and those three are noticeably better when they're together.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We need Gunnarsson and Elliott back. They are both very important calming influences on this team on the back end.

I'm not taking a shot at Allen either. I thought he played very well tonight. The team just seems to play better in front if Elliott.

We need Lindbohm back. Okey I say this also, Jocke has to dump out and get upgrade.

Jaskin needs to get icetime in future when Schwartz comes back. Jocke can be healthy scratch.

Pääjärvi and Berglund for better real scorer/playmaker.
Bergy - Stastny - Jaskin | are got some chemistry, but I still thinks that we need somebody better.

Sorry guys i'm just so frustrated how we can give up 'easy' 2 points.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Steen was terrible. I hate him on Tarasenko's line. Even with Schwartz's injury I strongly dislike Hitch's decision to split up SOB. They were playing well and those three are at noticeably better when they're together.

Agreed. Don't mess with a good thing. SOB and PBJ should stay together. I may catch flack for it, but I'd rather see those two stay together and have us move Ott up with Lehtera and Tarasenko. Those two are good enough to carry Ott.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
I had the feeling at the end of regulation that our boys were playing hard but felt a little handcuffed because they didn't want to get called for something soft at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad