GDT: Blues @ Sens | Nov. 22 | 3PM EST | TSN5, RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Lehner wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. The Sens need to win some for their goalies occasionally.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Never even got Lehner out :shakehead

At the two minute mark when we had pretty decent possession in the Blues zone, Mac should have pulled Lehner. He is just too predictable. You know that he won't pull the goalie until the very last minute. I'm not sure why he can't be a little more flexible.

Very winnable game but I'm not too mad. Decent enough game by the Sens overall. Zibby really started to turn it on after his goal. This game shows you what he could be.

Hitting the net would've been cool.

It would be a good idea every once in a while, you know if we want to score goals.

YOW

Nov 17, 2013
oceanview cabin
Quote:
Very winnable game but I'm not too mad. Decent enough game by the Sens overall. Zibby really started to turn it on after his goal. This game shows you what he could be.

This. and I'll add why I'm still excited overall. It's about what's going to be......we have some really fun players to watch-Hoff,Stone,Mac,Lazar,Karl. We just need a few more things to click into place.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Maclean sounds ok with the loss. Stl is a good team what can you do?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
MacArthur Turris and Ryan could have made a difference today. Would have helped. We need them to do more than "hustle". They make big money (outside of Turris , but he is our 1 a or 2 a or whatever you want to call him ) he needs to be better.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
At the two minute mark when we had pretty decent possession in the Blues zone, Mac should have pulled Lehner.

the way the blues were getting control of the puck? to say nothing of faceoffs? automatic 4-2 game

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Turris still looks scared in the corners sometimes, lets the guy go first then tries to strip him. He's a 1st line center IMO but could use some weight

Weircioch is still slow and soft as butter and Zib was a tank out there

YOW

Nov 17, 2013
oceanview cabin
MacArthur Turris and Ryan could have made a difference today. Would have helped. We need them to do more than "hustle". They make big money (outside of Turris , but he is our 1 a or 2 a or whatever you want to call him ) he needs to be better.

True......they are great scorers and we could have used some more push from them

Maclean sounds ok with the loss. Stl is a good team what can you do?

Absolutely.........we didn't steal one and Lehner was average to good.

I'm just glad that the stink of country club attitude is fading from the culture of this club. We can't win them all but I'm ok with a loss like this to a more seasoned team.

Karlsson2Turris*

IMO we need one more scoring threat up front. Someone like McDavid would be nice :sarcasm:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think Michalek has had a very solid game tonight, not sure why people are dumping on him

I think it's because I said he is a good hockey player... lol

He is not a star (was in his first years in the league but injuries eventually slowed him down)

seriously. not sure we could convert on a PP anyway though :/

Yet they scored their 2 goals on the PP...

4 million is what guys who score 30-40 points make. Michalek has lost a step, and he never had the best hands in tight, but he's solid away from the puck and seems to find the danger areas on the ice. He's got hustle, is strong on the boards.

I dunno, i think he's a well rounded 2nd-3rd line kinda guy. 4 million isn't a ridiculous number for that kind of player at all

Takes a lot of time or some people to follow the NHL market evolution. Benoit Pouliot makes 4.0, Dave Bolland makes 5.5, Boyd Gordon makes 3.0, Dubinsky will make 5.85...

lol we say it a lot but this isn't 2005-06 anymore. But I understand you need to put the time and effort to do so... it's moving very fast.
definitely winnable, but blues are outplaying us though

Thought the opposite or at worst it was very close.

Shots location tells you they didn't have a lot of shots in-close :

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/gamecast?gameId=400564038

Blues played a perfect road game, been opportunistic and then clogged the neutral zone. Sens didn't create a whole lot of offense in the 3rd. Credit to the Blues, great defensively.

Im not usually one to rip the coaching staff since i dont see what they do at practice, but i can't understand why they dont put ryan up there either.

The kid line is solid. There has to be a way they can find something that works between Legwand, Zibby, Chaisson and Michalek then put the odd piece out with Neil and Smith.

I dunno, my armchair coach opinion. But what do I know heh

Yes, they need to get Turris, MacArthur and Ryan going.

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Legwand-Smith-Condra/Neil
Greening

Agreed but couple of times this year we trailed by 1 and we don't have the proper players on the ice it's frustrating we run around in our zone and kill minutes like that. Hoffman killed 45 seconds by himself too

But Hoffman isn't considered a "proper" player in those situations around here?

Lehner wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. The Sens need to win some for their goalies occasionally.

Only 3 games with 4 goals or more... Yep, that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan