Blues Prospects Thread 2018-2019 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
Bokk got scratched in the final cut for the world's. Played in the exhebition games, but playoffs in Germany have ended, so with the arrival of the players from the two playoff finalists they obviously have players that are stronger then him at this point.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Because these rules are super complicated and full of “unless”-es and “except”-s, and people forget the particular circumstances under which somebody leaves. Happens.
I think the odds of this being a regrettable development are about as long as Parayko’s stick.

upload_2019-4-30_20-11-16.gif

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Bokk got scratched in the final cut for the world's. Played in the exhebition games, but playoffs in Germany have ended, so with the arrival of the players from the two playoff finalists they obviously have players that are stronger then him at this point.

Not really stronger. There are some players on the team that are even now not at Bokk's level, but apparently the coach feels they have enough offensive threats and prefers to take some guys who are clearly better defensively. In the last couple of exhibition games when Bokk did not play with other offensively gifted players, he did not look as good as he did before.
Our coach Toni Söderholm went mostly with a more conservative roster. There was not really room for Bokk in the top 6 and he is not really a bottom 6 forward.

But he did very well overall. I would have liked to see him play on a line with Draisaitl for a bit, but this tournament is too important for us to spend much time "developing" players for the future, they need to find chemistry quick and this stage there was no room for experiments.

Still, despite his talent I always had my doubts about Bokk, but after watching him with the national team up until now, I am cautiously optimistic that he could become an impact player at the NHL level. Still a project, but the trajectory is looking good right now.

Since he probably won't make the Blues' roster next season, he might move to another team in Sweden and play another season there.
Rögle appears to be interested.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Second straight 2 goal game for Alexei Toropchenko tonight in the OHL final, and he was the first star of the game. Guelph now trails 2-1 in the series.
That is first game Ottawa has lost all postseason. They had swept first 3 series and first 2 games against Guelph, 14 straight wins to start playoffs. Pretty impressive.

Reactions: PiggySmalls

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Second straight 2 goal game for Alexei Toropchenko tonight in the OHL final, and he was the first star of the game. Guelph now trails 2-1 in the series.
He's really coming on strong for Guelph right now. I'm excited to see what he has to offer when he comes over to San Antonio and can start polishing his game against grown men.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Yeah this was a pretty sick one.

Love that he's willing to go to the front of the net like that and pay a price to make something happen. Granted the OHL is a different animal, entirely. But if this what he brings in his game to the next level the Blues may have another nice mid-round gem.

Reactions: mk80

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Stefan Elvenes, our scout for Sweden, has strong ties to Rogle, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Either way, I don’t think Bokk was getting along very well with his old coach, and hopefully this is a chance for a fresh start for him.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I still think Toropchenko tops out at a MacEachern level, but we like length in the bottom half of our lineup (Sundqvist, Sanford, Blais, MacEachern), so maybe he finds a way to fit in. It will be interesting to see what, if any, effect he has on Kostin’s game as well next year in San Antonio.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
He is a great skater and he seems to have a knack for the puck. This hasn't changed, but what has is that he is finally putting it in the back of the net.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
That “potentially” is doing a lot of work in that sentence
Lmao
Career OHL regular season stats
Maroon (D+1 year): 66 games, 35 goals, 55 assists, 90 P
Toro (D+1 & D+2): 128 gp, 34 goals, 48 assists, 82 points

Toro could maybe develop into a MacMac type size/speed grinder, but guys who aren't scorers in the OHL almost never become scorers at higher levels.

Kris Versteeg is one, but can you find any others who have scored as little as Toro in juniors and turned into 2nd-3rd line scorers? The list is very, very, very small.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Lmao
Career OHL regular season stats
Maroon (D+1 year): 66 games, 35 goals, 55 assists, 90 P
Toro (D+1 & D+2): 128 gp, 34 goals, 48 assists, 82 points

Toro could maybe develop into a MacMac type size/speed grinder, but guys who aren't scorers in the OHL almost never become scorers at higher levels.

Kris Versteeg is one, but can you find any others who have scored as little as Toro in juniors and turned into 2nd-3rd line scorers? The list is very, very, very small.
Maroon currently is not a second-line scorer, and I would not consider him a great third line scorer, either. Third line player perhaps. I suppose I think very little of Maroon. Toropchecnko has more tools and drives the net. He plays the game the way people who like Maroon want the game to be played.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Third straight two goal night for the Torpedo. Now tied for 3rd in goals in the OHL playoffs with 12.

Game 5 Friday nite, Guelph at Ottawa, series tied at 2-2. Winner plays Halifax in Memorial Cup.

(NOTE - Hamilton Bulldogs forward Robert Thomas has been named the Most Valuable Player of the 2018 OHL Playoffs and is the recipient of the Wayne Gretzky ’99’ Award. The St. Louis Blues first round selection finished the OHL Playoffs with 12 goals, 20 assists and 32 points in 21 games, collecting seven of those points in the Rogers OHL Championship Series.)

Last edited:
Reactions: STLomacneko

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Junior playoffs - Alexei Toropchenko schedule with Guelph

1. Thu May 02 | GUE @ OTT Loss 2-7 Toropchenko no points even
2. Sat May 04 | GUE @ OTT Loss 3-4 Toropchenko 2 goals, even
3. Mon May 06 | OTT @ GUE Win 7-2 Toropchenko 2 goals, plus 1
4. Wed May 08 | OTT @ GUE Win 5-4 Toropchenko 2 goals, plus 1
5. Fri May 10 | GUE (0) @ OTT (0)-Pre-Game
6. Sun May 12 | OTT (0) @ GUE (0)-Pre-Game
7. Mon May 13 | GUE (0) @ OTT (0)-Pre-Gam

oropchenko

Guelph wins 4-3, Toropchenko 1 G 1 A minus 1

Games
1. Thu Apr 18 | GUE (0) @ SAG Loss 2-7 Toropchenko 0 points, minus 2
2. Sat Apr 20 | GUE (0) @ SAG Loss 3-4 (OT) Toropchenko 1 assist, even
3. Mon Apr 22 | SAG (0) @ GUE Win 5-2 Toropchenko no points, minus 1
4. Wed Apr 24 | SAG (0) @ GUE Loss 1-4 Toropchenko no points, minus 2
5. Fri Apr 26 | GUE (0) @ SAG Won 4-0 Toropchenko no points, plus 1
6 *. Sun Apr 28 | SAG (0) @ GUE Won 5-1 Toropchenko no points, plus 1
7. Mon Apr 29 | GUE (0) @ SAG Won 3-2 Toropchenko 1 goal, plus 2

Guelph wins 4-3, Toropchenko 0 G 2 A minus 3

Series E: London Knights (1) vs. Guelph Storm (4):
Game 1, Fri., April 5, Guelph at London 7:30 p.m. Loss 2-3 Toropchenko no points, minus 1
Game 2, Sun., April 7, Guelph at London 2:00 p.m. Loss 0-7 Toropchenko no points, minus 2
Game 3, Mon., April 8, London at Guelph 7:00 p.m. Loss 4-7 Toropchenko 1 assist, minus 1
Game 4, Wed., Apr 10, London at Guelph 7:00 p.m. Win 4-3 Toropchenko no points, minus 1
Game 5, Fri., April 12, Guelph at London 7:30 p.m.* Win 3-1 Toropchenko no points, even
Game 6, Sat., April 13, London at Guelph 7:00 p.m.* Win 5-3 Toropchenko, 1 assist, plus 2
Game 7, Tues., April 16, Guelph at London 7:00 p.m.* Win 6-3 Toropchenko no points, even

Guelph wins 4-0, Toropchenko 5 G 2 A plus 4
Series D:
Guelph Storm (4) vs. Kitchener Rangers (5)

Game 1, Fri., March 22 at Guelph – 7:30 p.m. Win 4-2 Toropchenko 1 goal, minus 1
Game 2, Sun., March 24 at Guelph – 2:00 p.m. Win 7-0 Toropchenko 1 goal 2 assists plus 2
Game 3, Tues., March 26 at Kitchener – 7:00 p.m. Win 6-3 Toropchenko 1 goal, plus 2
Game 4, Thurs., March 28 at Kitchener – 7:00 p.m. Win 5-1 Toropchenko 2 goals, plus 1
Game 5, Fri., March 29 at Guelph – 7:30 p.m.*
Game 6, Sun., March 31 at Kitchener – 6:00 p.m.*
Game 7, Tues., April 2 at Guelph – 7:00 p.m.*
#GUEvsKIT

UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad