Blues Prospects Thread 2018-2019 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Would be amazing for him to win twice in a row.

Wonder what the Blues short term plan with him are. Offer him a ECL-contract for next season or giving him another year with Minnesota?

I almost guarantee he's offered a contract after the championship.

Reactions: STLomacneko

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018

Wonder what the Blues short term plan with him are. Offer him a ECL-contract for next season or giving him another year with Minnesota?

Perunovich needs to get a lot stronger to play pro hockey. Would like to see him stay in college.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands

I'd rather see Perunovich stay at Minnesota and gain a lot more strength, and do some dominating in that league before coming to the pros (even ECHL). Let him gain more strength and bulk, and grow a little into his body first, before fully grown-fully matured AHL rejects start batting him around.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I just want him to grow another 2". Wouldn't mind another Dunn on this team.

I think he can play in the AHL for the nexf two seasons and be ready for the NHL like Dunn.

...but will he knock out guys in the hallway is the real question....?

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
GJ Scott, i hope you can one day atleast make an impact at the NHL level. Even a 3rd pairing would be nice.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Guelph and Toropchenko play Game 7 Monday night. They won three straight to tie the series.

Laferriere and Cape Breton are out.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Can anyone tell me a bit about what kind of player and what the future NHL outlook is for a couple of guys? Thanks!

Jordan Kyrou
MacKenzie MacEachern
Kyrou is expected to be a Top-6 player. Lots of speed, good shot, great passer, but still needs to work on his play away from the puck to be able to play with the NHL club. Ceiling is a 1st/2nd line tweener, floor is a productive 3rd liner, but that would probably be elsewhere if he fails to make progress on his defensive deficiencies.

MacEachern is a career 4th liner who could move up to the 3rd for brief periods of time, but would be exposed if left there too long. Good energy guy who will likely get his share of hits and takeaways to the extent you can playing 10-12 minutes a night.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Guelph and Toropchenko play Game 7 Monday night. They won three straight to tie the series.

Laferriere and Cape Breton are out.
It’s Tuesday night. Hopefully Guelph wins, as Toro is only a Blues prospect still alive (other than our guys in E, most of which aren’t really prospects).

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Kyrou is expected to be a Top-6 player. Lots of speed, good shot, great passer, but still needs to work on his play away from the puck to be able to play with the NHL club. Ceiling is a 1st/2nd line tweener, floor is a productive 3rd liner, but that would probably be elsewhere if he fails to make progress on his defensive deficiencies.

MacEachern is a career 4th liner who could move up to the 3rd for brief periods of time, but would be exposed if left there too long. Good energy guy who will likely get his share of hits and takeaways to the extent you can playing 10-12 minutes a night.

What is the deal with MacEachern? He was playing regularly, signed a one-way contract for next year, and now he has entered the witness protection program.

What happened?? Did they find some old tweets about burkas?

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
What is the deal with MacEachern? He was playing regularly, signed a one-way contract for next year, and now he has entered the witness protection program.

Worse.

They found tweets about Igloos and Moose. He's now stuck in politeness rehabilitation class in Winnipeg (odd choice if you ask me, Ottawa has way more experience with political correctness and double speak)...

Jk. We got healthy and that's why he's riding the pine express/in the AHL to the best of my limited knowledge. His contract next year is a 1 way deal, so he's more likely to stay with the big club if we move a few contracts this summer.

Reactions: ScratchCatFever

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

The team got healthy. The only guy you could argue that he would push out of a healthy lineup is Sanford, and there is obviously something that Berube see there that he likes with Sanford on the 4th line versus MacMac in the same role.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
A little update on Dominik Bokk:

Now that I have watched him play 3 games with the German national team (2x vs Slovakia; 1x vs Czech Republic) I am much more confident that he will make it to the NHL. I think he is still 1 or 2 years away, but I have been very impressed so far. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the way he is playing right now, he should absolutely make the roster for the World Championship in May.
He is significantly stronger than I remember him and his puck protection is also much better. And he shows a lot of hustle out there which is nice to see.

Game 1: SVK @ GER 1-2 - Bokk with 2 assists - Boxscore - Highlights
Game 2: SVK @ GER 1-3 - Bokk with 1 assist - Boxscore - Highlights
Game 3: GER @ CZE 4-5 - Bokk with 3 assists - Boxscore - Highlights

Last edited:

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
A little update on Dominik Bokk:

Now that I have watched him play 3 games with the German national team (2x vs Slovakia; 1x vs Czech Republic) I am much more confident that he will make it to the NHL. I think he is still 1 or 2 years away, but I have been very impressed so far. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the way he is playing right now, he should absolutely make the roster for the World Championship in May.
He is significantly stronger than I remember him and his puck protection is also much better. And he shows a lot of hustle out there which is nice to see.

Game 1: SVK @ GER 1-2 - Bokk with 2 assists - Boxscore - Highlights
Game 2: SVK @ GER 1-3 - Bokk with 1 assist - Boxscore - Highlights
Game 3: GER @ CZE 4-5 - Bokk with 3 assists - Boxscore - Highlights
I was curious what was going on with him, glad to see him playing well in the WJC. I like the point totals he is getting, but his competition and his group don't really surprise me in him being a ppg player. Against his age group, he has shown to be explosive, creative, and dangerous in the offensive zone. I want him to get another year in the SHL to work on his game, unless he is dead set on coming over. I'd much rather he come over when the Rampage can figure out how to win, but maybe he could propel Kostin upwards. Excited for the future of this franchise for sure.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Any chance Noel is signed before June 1st ?

I sort of doubt it. There are too many guys ahead of him that will need playing time before Noel’s 3-year ELC is up. Especially if Perunovich goes pro this year. We’re already relatively crowded in San Antonio as it is, and I can’t remember the last time we signed a guy to an ELC knowing full well that he would start in the ECHL. Poganski and Kaspick both got sent down at certain points this year, but they weren’t there permanently and definitely not to begin the year.

Reactions: Blueston

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Toropchenko scored go ahead goal and Guelph hangs on for 3-2 win to complete comeback and take series. Advance to OHL final to face Ottawa who had best record in league and has swept back to back series in postseason.
Had no idea we still had any prospects playing - good experience for toropchenko

Reactions: CoMoBlues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad