Blues Prospects Camp

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I don't get why this statement was made nor why it was made in response to the quote.

Just giving my opinion on Fabbri. Pretty simple actually. We all know how good Schwartz is, and I think Fabbri is going to be better. That's all. And because people have compared Fabbri to Schwartz do to their tenacity and size.

Carry on

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Just giving my opinion on Fabbri. Pretty simple actually. We all know how good Schwartz is, and I think Fabbri is going to be better. That's all. And because people have compared Fabbri to Schwartz do to their tenacity and size.

Carry on

Fair enough. Did you have the opportunity to watch much of Fabbri? Schwartz at the college level?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm so disappointed that I wasn't able to attend the camp, but I appreciate the write ups guys. Glad Fabbri Schmaltz and Lindbohm impressed.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
parayko is massive. you feel like an ant just by looking at him. he has a really hard shot, good hands, overall goodness. i think lindbohm was the best defenseman though.

I just have a weird feeling Parayko will have a completely dominating year next season in Alaska and will jump up huge in Blues prospect pool.. he just keeps getting bigger and bigger and better each year

gumption

Jun 28, 2014
St. Louis
I just have a weird feeling Parayko will have a completely dominating year next season in Alaska and will jump up huge in Blues prospect pool.. he just keeps getting bigger and bigger and better each year

he's already crawling up there. blues have a massive gem in him, kid could have it all. i could see him or lindbohm being the replacement for jackman/leopold when their contracts are done.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Any chance Lindbohm would come over and play for Chicago this year? It sounds like he was the best defenseman at prospects camp, and at 6'3"/209, he looks like he would be big enough to handle the AHL. Maybe a Hakanpaa/Lindbohm pairing? The Blues are loaded at Defense prospects with Hakanpaa, Edmundson, Schmaltz, Lindbohm, Payarko, Vanelli, and Wallman. Hopefully a couple of these guys develop into studs at the NHL level.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Any chance Lindbohm would come over and play for Chicago this year?

Blues already agreed to loan him back to Finland so not sure if it's possible.

He signed with the worst team in the league so he will get tons of minutes there.

Also his season in Finland will likely be over in March, so he can play nearly 15 regular season games in AHL + playoffs.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaz View Post
Any chance Lindbohm would come over and play for Chicago this year?
Blues already agreed to loan him back to Finland so not sure if it's possible.

He signed with the worst team in the league so he will get tons of minutes there.

Also his season in Finland will likely be over in March, so he can play nearly 15 regular season games in AHL + playoffs.

Thanks for feedback JJTT! It looks like Lindbohm made a good impression on the fans that were able to attend the prospects camp. Hopefully he gets lots of playing time this year and get a chance with Chicago when his season ends.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
By what you guys have said, a handful of late round picks the last few years could be looking like decent steals.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I am happy we have guys like Parayko and Edmundson in the system. They provide something I think we really need.

Agreed. As long as they can maintain their edge when they get to the pros, I'm excited.

Add that into the potential of the forward prospects and things are looking good for us in the not too distant future.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Agreed. As long as they can maintain their edge when they get to the pros, I'm excited.

Add that into the potential of the forward prospects and things are looking good for us in the not too distant future.

Well, Edmundson is already in the pros and has the exact opposite problem of maintaining an edge; he needs to tone it down sometimes.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Well, Edmundson is already in the pros and has the exact opposite problem of maintaining an edge; he needs to tone it down sometimes.

There's no such thing in hockey! :laugh:

Jokes aside, I know AHL is pros, so I probably should have clarified that I meant the big show (NHL). :help:

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
There's no such thing in hockey! :laugh:

Jokes aside, I know AHL is pros, so I probably should have clarified that I meant the big show (NHL). :help:

Yeah, I'm sure you knew that, but many others read this stuff without knowing such information, so the obvious had to be clarified. Edmundson easily flew off the handle and lost his temper and I remember mentioning that he needs to calm the heck down and learn some deep breathing techniques to help take the edge off. Something changed n his behavior and it changed quickly, which shows me that he is conscious of what he is doing and able to modify.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad