Prospect Info: Blues Prospect Camp June 28-July 1st

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'll be there at least a couple of days. Probably not every day...but....maybe :laugh:

Really excited to see Thomas, Thompson, Kostin, Toropchenko, Mikkola, and Kyrou.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I plan on making it to at least one of the days, depending on my son's work schedule. Looking forward to seeing the observations of others on the days I will miss. Thanks in advance for sharing.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Some more names added today:

Team Tkachuk

Forwards: Devin Brosseau, Filip Helt, Adam Musil, Nolan Stevens, Robert Thomas, Alexei Toropchenko, Dwyer Tschantz, Blake Winiecki

Defense: Trenton Bourque, Grant Frederic, Luke McInnis, Niko Mikkola

Goalies: Evan Fitzpatrick
Team MacInnis

Forwards: Tanner Kaspick, Nikolaj Krag-Christensen, Klim Kostin, Jordan Kyrou, Kyle MacLean, Greg Meireles, Austin Poganski, Tage Thompson

Defense: Charles-Edourdo D'Astous, Mike Davies, David Noel, Jake Walman

Goalies: Luke Opilka

Keep an eye on Meireles, I'm sort of surprised he wasn't drafted on Saturday.

Last edited:

bradrich99

Feb 3, 2009
42°59′01″N 081°14′59″W
Some more names added today:

Team Tkachuk

Forwards: Devin Brosseau, Filip Helt, Adam Musil, Nolan Stevens, Robert Thomas, Alexei Toropchenko, Dwyer Tschantz, Blake Winiecki

Defense: Trenton Bourque, Grant Frederic, Luke McInnis, Niko Mikkola

Goalies: Evan Fitzpatrick
Team MacInnis

Forwards: Tanner Kaspick, Nikolaj Krag-Christensen, Klim Kostin, Jordan Kyrou, Kyle MacLean, Greg Meireles, Austin Poganski, Tage Thompson

Defense: Charles-Edourdo D'Astous, Mike Davies, David Noel, Jake Walman

Goalies: Luke Opilka

Keep an eye on Meireles, I'm sort of surprised he wasn't drafted on Saturday.

The Mike Davies you linked to is a forward. I think they are referring to the defenseman from your hometown University - who also happens to be a St. Louis native.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
The Mike Davies you linked to is a forward. I think they are referring to the defenseman from your hometown University - who also happens to be a St. Louis native.

You are right, I updated it. He was under "Michael Davies" on EP, which is why that mix up happened.

The guy's a shrimp! 5'8", 160 someodd pounds.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Really interested to see how Thomas, Thompson, Kostin, and Kyrou do. Especially Kyrou for some reason. Also Walman and Mikkola on D.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I plan to go Wed-Friday. I'm retired and have the time, and certainly the interest.

I went a couple of years ago and saw the very young and impressive Colton Parayko out there, very large and smooth skating.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Really interested to see how Thomas, Thompson, Kostin, and Kyrou do. Especially Kyrou for some reason. Also Walman and Mikkola on D.

For me, Kyrou is probably the most exciting offensive talent we have in the prospect pipeline. He's extremely dynamic out there, and is a heck of a playmaker. He's 100% offensive skill, which will be his downfall if he can't learn to be effective on the whole sheet of ice (and I think he is improving there). But it's not crazy to be excited about him. I think he gets kind of overlooked because it's hard to figure where he fits in to everything, but he's got a very high ceiling. Put him with a trigger man and watch the points roll in.

He's similar to Thomas simply in that they're both playmaking, right-handed centers. Thomas is effective all over the ice, but Kyrou is the more dynamic, creative offensive talent (which is saying something, because Thomas is no slouch). If they can feed off each other, it will be a good thing for us.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
For me, Kyrou is probably the most exciting offensive talent we have in the prospect pipeline. He's extremely dynamic out there, and is a heck of a playmaker. He's 100% offensive skill, which will be his downfall if he can't learn to be effective on the whole sheet of ice (and I think he is improving there). But it's not crazy to be excited about him. I think he gets kind of overlooked because it's hard to figure where he fits in to everything, but he's got a very high ceiling. Put him with a trigger man and watch the points roll in.

He's similar to Thomas simply in that they're both playmaking, right-handed centers. Thomas is effective all over the ice, but Kyrou is the more dynamic, creative offensive talent (which is saying something, because Thomas is no slouch). If they can feed off each other, it will be a good thing for us.

I view Kyrou as more of a winger at the NHL level but I agree with the rest of your post. His skill and speed are absolutely tantalizing. Him and Thomas are my two favorite prospects in the Blues system currently.

Mar 6, 2012
Depending on how my schedule works out, I might take my kid on Saturday to check it out.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
I view Kyrou as more of a winger at the NHL level but I agree with the rest of your post. His skill and speed are absolutely tantalizing. Him and Thomas are my two favorite prospects in the Blues system currently.

The description above, but at wing, does that remind anyone else of Ales Hemsky?

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn

I said mid-way through the season Kyrou had a shot to make the club. I still think he has an outside chance because he's that dynamic but he'd have to play 4th line minutes and that's probably not the best thing for him.

The Blues need more of the skill that he brings. I'll be at the Mills on Saturday but that's it.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
I haven't followed Kyrou much - I thought he was similar to a NKC player that is all hype (if not tongue-in-cheek). Just watching the above video shows ridiculous vision. That's what I'm most excited about on first watch.

I, too, see him more as a winger. But I'm actually interested in his development now. Hearing that he's one of two of Oberyn's top Blues prospects made me interested. I'm not sure if I see him being more interesting than Dunn, Walman, Thompson, or the rest of the usual crowd, but I'm definitely on watch.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I haven't followed Kyrou much - I thought he was similar to a NKC player that is all hype (if not tongue-in-cheek). Just watching the above video shows ridiculous vision. That's what I'm most excited about on first watch.

I, too, see him more as a winger. But I'm actually interested in his development now. Hearing that he's one of two of Oberyn's top Blues prospects made me interested. I'm not sure if I see him being more interesting than Dunn, Walman, Thompson, or the rest of the usual crowd, but I'm definitely on watch.

From what I've seen, I feel like Kyrou is likely to make an impact in the NHL before Thompson. Thompson just seems like he's going to need a couple of extra years to fill out his frame before he gets to the show.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Kyrou isn't in my top two Blues prospects, he's just my favorite Blues prospect along with Thomas. I would place Dunn, Walman, Barbashev, Husso over Kyrou on a ranking, but I like Kyrou more because he has certain qualities that I place a high emphasis on.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Kyrou looks like a younger Fabbri (his face, not necessarily his game).

Fabbri's timing was just right for him to get to the NHL - I don't see Kyrou being in that position unless things really go South with Schenn or we make a big trade that shakes loose a wing spot.

@Oberyn

Got it.

I still think he has the ability to really surprise at camp - but I think the surprise will be that he'll be ready next year, not this year

Last edited:

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Not there today but Lou Korac tweeted that he interviewed Tage Thompson. Noticed that he's bulked up a bit. He was still a bit skinny during the AHL playoffs so I guess take it for what it's worth!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad