Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Panthers Oct 12 at 7:30 No Jay-bo to boo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Always a nice reminder that Tarasenko should've been a Panther and not Nick Bjugstad(gone if he sucks this year)/Quinton Howden (gone already). All because Tallon was a afraid to draft a Russian dude in 2010. Impossible to avoid when playing the Blues.
Impossible for you maybe.
And that's not how it works. Who knows how he does if Tarasenko comes to the tire fire that was the Panthers as opposed to a top team like the Blues, and vice versa for Bjugstad. And the Panthers are not the only ones that passed on him. Plus, of course Bjugstad's career is not done.

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
^ + Those what if scenarios in draft work both ways. Who knows would anyone else have taken the risk with Barkov and would even Matheson be here etc.

Tarasenko & Pietrangelo combo is not better on paper than Kucherov & Hedman, they're pretty much equal and I think Tampa depth is better than what is posted on the #1 post for the Blues. How they are performing however at this point of a season could vary, I have not looked at the Blues games. Just gotta take the space out of Tarasenko to not give the room for his wrister and things are fine. Play hard.

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I agree with not changing the lineup (why would you) but don't get what they're doing with Malgin and Weegar. Tippett isn't as big a deal as he's a big fish in a small pond in junior. But I feel Malgin and Weegar could definitely use consistent playing time.

Lu starting tomorrow, hopefully a nice bounceback.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Re-watched the last game just to focus on individuals but the Sasha line were just slightly missing on their chances. Like stickshafts breaking up their passes, etc. They are close to executing. Perhaps tomorrow they all have big games.

-ghoste

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
It’s almost as if good hockey produces good analytics or something

free-omg-gif-433.gif

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I agree with not changing the lineup (why would you) but don't get what they're doing with Malgin and Weegar. Tippett isn't as big a deal as he's a big fish in a small pond in junior. But I feel Malgin and Weegar could definitely use consistent playing time.

Lu starting tomorrow, hopefully a nice bounceback.
Isn't Weegar a waiver issue? He'd have to clear and we'd risk losing him. Malgin would prob want to stay up. NHL scratch is better than AHL playing time for a guy like him. Keeping him around is fine. He'll get a shot to play soon enough.

It's also very important for both of them to get in practices and learn the new system since they'll both be next in line to play.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So with an actual coached system, the players dont suck? Weird.

Very early, the sky could begin falling at any time.
Yeah, key point, and we were forced a bit into comparing GG and Rowe last season but the answer was probably that neither was right for this team... meaning, even last year's team likely would have done better with Boughner...

Of course, it's too early to tell, but, early season is important. For example, the Ducks have started slow for a number of seasons now, and have gone on a torrid pace into the playoffs, but that feb-mar peaking maybe took away some of their gas and maybe the they ran out deep into playoffs.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yeah, key point, and we were forced a bit into comparing GG and Rowe last season but the answer was probably that neither was right for this team... meaning, even last year's team likely would have done better with Boughner...

Of course, it's too early to tell, but, early season is important. For example, the Ducks have started slow for a number of seasons now, and have gone on a torrid pace into the playoffs, but that feb-mar peaking maybe took away some of their gas and maybe the they ran out deep into playoffs.
I beg to differ on that one.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Serious i still dont understand after two Games why McGinn is playing. No one shot the Puck more then him, but scoreing do the otheronce.

seriously i could find some problems in the D to find an Argument to let Weegar play.
Tippet and Malgin must wait till McGinn get more bad cause Line 3 works and it works cause the fit as a complete Line.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Always a nice reminder that Tarasenko should've been a Panther and not Nick Bjugstad(gone if he sucks this year)/Quinton Howden (gone already). All because Tallon was a afraid to draft a Russian dude in 2010. Impossible to avoid when playing the Blues.

Dude, 10 other teams did the same thing. Like you had a crystal ball back then, and knew all would work out perfectly if we drafted him.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
id have weegar in for petro, other than that im fine with malgin and tippett both sitting. the 3rd is looking good so far, dont wanna change that up, and im not playing either of those guys over mcginn right now. unless you wanna throw one on the 4th but thats kinda pointless and id rather just have haley in there anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad