Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
mJzH1ip.png

TF7WR2G.png

Jake Allen

Blues are the better team but 3 in 4 for St. Louis who will have their off day in Florida and also have Scottie Upshall on the team, vs a well rested team, expecting another good effort.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I was trying to think of a theme for this to add but the Blues have pretty much no history with Florida lol.

Idk, good chance it's Upshall's last NHL season but I don't think he was ever a favorite here.

But there's always game 5

In re-watching that video #FreeBillLindsay

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I actually really liked Uppy.

He always brought the energy. And that clip has Brodeur, their Asst. GM. Damn you Marty. We could have made the finals (you cant convince me otherwise damnit).

I really liked how they played the last 2 games. They look like team USA in Miracle.

They just kept going and going and going and going.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I liked Upshall. Just that he couldn't stay healthy. Then of course his cap hit for his production never quite lived up to expectations.
Tough game. Hoping our goalies got the jitters out of their game.

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
Is it me or was the Blues lineup a lot scarier in recent history, but not so much right now?

That roster does not look scary at all. Tampa had a better roster on paper. But people do put too much value to the names on the back for a single hockey game. A well motivated and synchronous team will give trouble to anyone, should be prepared always and expect a tight match. :)

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
That roster does not look scary at all. Tampa had a better roster on paper. But people do put too much value to the names on the back for a single hockey game. A well motivated and synchronous team will give trouble to anyone, should be prepared always and expect a tight match. :)
I agree 100%

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
What do you think the difference is with him ? Elevating his play ? People were talking him up big time last pre Olympics, then his stock cooled.

From what Ive seen, its decision making. He seems to be where the puck will be ahead of time.

He is rangey. I saw him during the 3v3 against the Isles. I know he isnt that fast, but you'd be fooled because he was always in the picture.

Their team looks so different when he is on the ice.

Awesome keep ins during power plays too.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Always a nice reminder that Tarasenko should've been a Panther and not Nick Bjugstad(gone if he sucks this year)/Quinton Howden (gone already). All because Tallon was a afraid to draft a Russian dude in 2010. Impossible to avoid when playing the Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad