Proposal: Blues/Oilers Brayden Schenn(+2nd) for RNH

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Ehhh sucked is a relative term. He's always been a decent but not exceptional player. There is a reason he is still an Oiler to this day and it hasn't been from a lack of trying to trade him, its because no one else wanted to move anything of value for him.
More like cause every coach he ever had loved him to bits (and we've had a lot of coaches), in combination with Tambellini being completely afraid of making any significant trade, MacT having a strong bias towards two-way centers, and Chia being a big believer in trying to have an abundance of centers at all time.

The only 2 times I've heard RNH's name involved in a rumor that seemed to have some traction was as in relation to the Seth Jones trade where Nashville preferred Ryan Johanssen and the Adam Larsson trade where Shero would only settle for Taylor Hall (neither RNH or Ebs apparently would get the deal done) and our dummy GM agreed to that.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Obivously you dont read my post. I think the blues have a lot of talent on the team. Our defense is shakey and our goltending has been bad. I completly think this is a coaching and Goalie issue. Do i think we need to blow it up no. Should we make some changes yes. Should we trade our best players for scraps or quantity for quality no. So before you spout off at the mouth know what or whom your talking about.

I know who I'm talking to.

Here's one of you're greatest hits:

"Now your just being silly the only player on your team that is close in value to petro is mcdavid"​

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Last 3 full seasons for each player:

RNH - 199 GP / 54 G / 71 A / 125 P / .63 PPG (52 point pace) / .27 GPG

Schenn - 241 GP / 79 G / 105 A / 184 P / .76 PPG (62 point pace) / .33 GPG

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The value is very close, good proposal! As a Blues fan, I pass. I like RNH, but we are too soft as it is now, and losing Schenn only makes that worse. RNH would give us a bit more offense, but only marginally. What is interesting, is that Schenn is grittier, but RNH is actually better defensively. I had to think about this one!

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
RNH doesn't suck for the first time in years and Edm tryin to pull a fast one.

Ehhh sucked is a relative term. He's always been a decent but not exceptional player. There is a reason he is still an Oiler to this day and it hasn't been from a lack of trying to trade him, its because no one else wanted to move anything of value for him.

zIb676w.gif

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016

Nashville chose Johansen over RNH for Seth Jones. But the Oilers were in the running for him. I know you really don't think Seth Jones is not valuable. So why say that. I don't think Nuge's name has come up in many trade proposals in Edmonton. Not only do the fans like him, but management does too.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
These two players are quite even in value, neither team would be adding something as significant as a 2nd round pick to make this trade. If it happened, it would very likely be straight up, with no add from anyone.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Sadly Brayden Schenn seems like one of the few players on our team who has a pulse every game he is healthy. With that being said though, I don't know if he will want to re-sign here. I certainly wouldn't be adding a second to him especially this year given our current circumstances for RNH. Not that I don't think their value is similar, I just think we need a few more guys with Schenn's demeanor as opposed to shipping them off.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
The value is very close, good proposal! As a Blues fan, I pass. I like RNH, but we are too soft as it is now, and losing Schenn only makes that worse. RNH would give us a bit more offense, but only marginally. What is interesting, is that Schenn is grittier, but RNH is actually better defensively. I had to think about this one!
Respectfully, I disagree with you that RNH would give the Blues more offense. In fact, the stats seem to indicate the exact opposite.

But let’s be charitiable to Hopkins for arguments sake: AT BEST let’s call their offense a wash, and give a slight edge to RNH on defense...there’s still the fact that Schenn is virtually indestructible and RNH has dealt with quite a few injuries over the past couple seasons.

RNH is 2 years younger and signed for an extra year, but Schenn is also signed for nearly a million cheaper. All in all the difference between their value is marginal IMO. Certainly not a 2nd.

Personally I’d prefer Schenn and wouldn’t be interested in a deal straight up, much less add a significant asset like a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad