Proposal: Blues/Oilers Brayden Schenn(+2nd) for RNH

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
To Oilers
B. Schenn (2nd rd pick) ad some more grit when playing some of the bigger more physical western teams. Also save some money against the cap.

To Blues
RNH-add some more offence-numbers might be inflated as he played sometime with McDavid.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Schenn is good but we like Nuge a lot too. Pretty much an even across trade so I doubt it works for st louis adding a plus and it doesnt really solve any problem for either team. If you guys ever decide to rebuild, and can take a package of futures/picks for Parayko let us know - but that topic has been done to death and im sure Blues fans have seen enough of it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers say no. We’re plenty gritty enough. Schenn had a nice season last year but he wouldn’t match Nuge’s production that he puts up playing with slugs and rookies.

Schenn most commonly played with Schwartz and Tarasenko last year. RNH’s were a jumble of Lucic, Strome, Maroon and Cammallaeri.

Reactions: dreamcomehere

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Schenn is good but we like Nuge a lot too. Pretty much an even across trade so I doubt it works for st louis adding a plus and it doesnt really solve any problem for either team. If you guys ever decide to rebuild, and can take a package of futures/picks for Parayko let us know - but that topic has been done to death and im sure Blues fans have seen enough of it.
Yeah sorry no futures and picks for Parayko. Thanks for asking though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Oilers say no. We’re plenty gritty enough. Schenn had a nice season last year but he wouldn’t match Nuge’s production that he puts up playing with slugs and rookies.

Schenn most commonly played with Schwartz and Tarasenko last year. RNH’s were a jumble of Lucic, Strome, Maroon and Cammallaeri.

No need to spin it like that. We all know they are 55ish point players with lesser talent, and 70ish point guys with top talent. Silly to act like RNH's rise in production isn't heavily influenced by McDavid.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No need to spin it like that. We all know they are 55ish point players with lesser talent, and 70ish point guys with top talent. Silly to act like RNH's rise in production isn't heavily influenced by McDavid.

Nuge is a 55-60 point player with absolute nobodies - he maybe played 25 games total with McDavid.

Don’t get me wrong I like Schenn but I don’t think he’s a 55 point guy playing with the likes of Lucic and Chiasson. IMO, RNH is one of - if not the most - underrated players in the league.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nuge is a 55-60 point player with absolute nobodies - he maybe played 25 games total with McDavid.

Don’t get me wrong I like Schenn but I don’t think he’s a 55 point guy playing with the likes of Lucic and Chiasson. IMO, RNH is one of - if not the most - underrated players in the league.

RNH was a 55ish point player most years in his career. They've both had limited minutes with truly elite guys, but both have had plenty of time with similar tiered players to know what they'd be like away from a McDavid or Schwartz/Tarasenko combo.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
RNH was a 55ish point player most years in his career. They've both had limited minutes with truly elite guys, but both have had plenty of time with similar tiered players to know what they'd be like away from a McDavid or Schwartz/Tarasenko combo.

Perhaps. I prefer RNH, who is younger and I believe better all around. I think the Blues consider this, I don’t see a reason for Edmonton to do so - clearly OP thinks RNH is the superior player since they have you adding- but to each their own.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Similar contracts. Similar offense. This comes down to do you want the more physical guy (Schenn) or the better 2 way guy (Nuge). The Oilers have plenty of physicality, so this is a step backwards. Especially since Nuge is younger

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'd think the + is actually on the Oilers side, given their respective cap hits and the extra grit with Schenn. Though one less year before UFA hurts Schenn a little bit i guess.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
All this whos better talk... they are really really close so......
8f1109c70ac5d8c8491b1651a876ca59c0c94f513b9bfc7b0f8ed3b938d3810e.jpg

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad