GDT: Blues @ Kings| Final Road Game of the Regular Season|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
rofl binny dunkin on that reporter

that wasnt a soft goal at all, was a good shot.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
The $1M question...

Do we get the hapless Bubble Hockey Blues from August 2020 or something closer to the 2019 Champs?

I'm not a believer in magic switches being thrown and we become much better than what we saw in regular season. I'm also fully aware that the teams with the most points in regular season have not fared well in recent Cup playoffs.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The Blues have 1 more regulation win than Detroit, and actually less than Ottawa. I think they’ll rightfully be the heaviest underdog of the first round. They could even play very well and lose to one of the top 2 Cup favorites.

There really is no pressure on them. There might be fans that have expectations, but I say embrace the underdog status and try to enjoy the ride. It was good to have hockey this year.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
The $1M question...

Do we get the hapless Bubble Hockey Blues from August 2020 or something closer to the 2019 Champs?

I'm not a believer in magic switches being thrown and we become much better than what we saw in regular season. I'm also fully aware that the teams with the most points in regular season have not fared well in recent Cup playoffs.

I prefer the Americans vs the Russians version of bubble hockey

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The $1M question...

The lineup, Sundqvist being out, and Tarasenko and Parayko being out, and Krug replacing Pietrangelo is not going to be overcome by just adding Hoffman and Faulk playing better than last year. The Blues' team defence has been terrible (except for stray periods in sporadic games) all season. We can't expect that to change much, with Parayko still playing tentatively. Dunn being out doesn't really help. I can't see The Blues upsetting either Vegas or Colorado. I see them playing competitively in a hard fought series, but coming up short. They are too disjointed. Not a well-knit, together, unit. Too much is against them this season. Kyrou has had a mini breakout. His real breakout will be next season. Thomas needs to breakout next season, as well. But, he really needs to embrace shooting, and offensive moves, and trust himself more. That won't suddenly happen in the more highly-contested playoff, when it didn't happen during the regular season. That will have to wait until next season, too. Are they actually capable of beating Vegas or Colorado in a 7-game series? Yes, if a LOT goes right. I hope that happens, but I won't hold my breath until it does.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
The lineup, Sundqvist being out, and Tarasenko and Parayko being out, and Krug replacing Pietrangelo is not going to be overcome by just adding Hoffman and Faulk playing better than last year. The Blues' team defence has been terrible (except for stray periods in sporadic games) all season. We can't expect that to change much, with Parayko still playing tentatively. Dunn being out doesn't really help. I can't see The Blues upsetting either Vegas or Colorado. I see them playing competitively in a hard fought series, but coming up short. They are too disjointed. Not a well-knit, together, unit. Too much is against them this season. Kyrou has had a mini breakout. His real breakout will be next season. Thomas needs to breakout next season, as well. But, he really needs to embrace shooting, and offensive moves, and trust himself more. That won't suddenly happen in the more highly-contested playoff, when it didn't happen during the regular season. That will have to wait until next season, too. Are they actually capable of beating Vegas or Colorado in a 7-game series? Yes, if a LOT goes right. I hope that happens, but I won't hold my breath until it does.
Well said, Robb. I wish I could "like" this more than once.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

This team can beat anyone when they put their minds to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad