GDT: Blues @ Jets| 7pm, BSMW|

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
polar opposite type of game from how they played vs the oilers

kyrou needs to be traded before that contract becomes the new lehtera.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
They actually killed off the 2-man short. But it doesn't matter this late. And then an empty-netter seals it. Lousy road game. First time The Blues have been shut out in 109 games.

It's a long season, and you not only can't win them all, but you also can't play even decently in all 82 games.

I wonder if they had had a practice today, if they'd have played better?

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
And how’s that been going so far?
Blues are 3-1-0 so it can't be too bad now can it? Kyrou is playing on a completely different line, with a completely different job, and completely different responsibilities than last year.

He was one of many who didn’t do anything noticeable in positive sense.
And neither did 99% of the rest of the team. Where was Tarasenko? Or Barbashev? Or Schenn? The entire team was garbage except Griess. Picking on just Kyrou is hilarious.

Reactions: BlueMed

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Let's not make this a frequent thing this season ok Blues?

Wasted a great game from Griess
At least we saw that the 36-year old is still a capable back-up goalie. I was worried that his reflexes might have slowed down. I think The Blues were just tired from the road trip, and didn't have their legs. They were already struggling to keep up even in The 2nd Period. And all the lines had been switched up with both Buchnevich and Saad out of the lineup. Tarasenko looked bushed from the start. I think they tired themselves out giving it all they had in The 1st. That brought on the penalties. And they made The Blues even more tired.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Pretty flat game, not well played by either team. To Winnipeg's credit, they came out with some energy in the 3rd and the Blues didn't match it.

If the Blues aren't getting offense from the defense, they can get pretty unthreatening.

Even in a lazy game that lacked intensity, Thomas still had several moments where he looked like a wizard.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Blues are 3-1-0 so it can't be too bad now can it? Kyrou is playing on a completely different line, with a completely different job, and completely different responsibilities than last year.

And neither did 99% of the rest of the team. Where was Tarasenko? Or Barbashev? Or Schenn? The entire team was garbage except Griess. Picking on just Kyrou is hilarious.
You’re barking up wrong tree with me. I never singled Kyrou out. Pretty much whole team was garbage.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Winnipeg played a fantastic game, credit to them. Their early schedule has sharpened their game by necessity.

Blues forwards deserve the blame here. The defense and goaltending kept the Blues in it for a long time and it could have gone the other way if the forwards had shown up. They haven't scored since the first period against Seattle, eight periods ago. Maybe last year was a bunch of career years. The whole top 6 was bad tonight but Kyrou deserves a special mention for matching terrible play with a selfish offensive zone give-up penalty.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
A culmination of various factors happened tonight, given the circumstances I'm not surprised.

Rough situation being down your No1 and No2 LW's who play key minutes against the opponents best. Failed to score early, allowed the 1st goal against and couldn't get back in it. It happens and the team was seriously hampered without Saad and Buchnevich, line shuffling tends to f*** up cohesion quite a bit beyond just missing the players themselves.

This one is a throwaway with a couple of positive caveats.

Firstly Greiss could win some games with better fortune injury wise and better team play in front of him. Secondly he looks like a guy Chief can feel confident enough to play so Binnington's workload can be managed properly. Believe it or not those two things are far more significant predictors than anything else about this game. We'll need to see Greiss do it more obviously but I'm encouraged by his potential to do so after tonight.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Greiss was good in Detroit too, you just couldn't tell because they hung him out to dry every night.

Blues sandbag and he still posts a .929sv%. Not too shabby. Franchise record for saves in a Blues debut with 39.

Reactions: Drubilly and mk80

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
One of those games that needs to be flushed down the memory hole...but do that after browbeating the team for screwing over their backup goalie.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
polar opposite type of game from how they played vs the oilers

kyrou needs to be traded before that contract becomes the new lehtera.
Good grief. Lehtera really? Remind me when lehtera at age 23 was a ppg player. Lehtera had 1 44 point season in 75 games at age 27.

Not remotely comparable. Also lehtera didn't have nearly the speed of kyrou.

Kyrou is more comparable to tarasenko if anything cuz both are singly offensive focused, and neglectful on defense. But kyrous cheaper and younger and had a ppg season way earlier in his career than vlad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad