Half-Assed GDT: Blues - Hawks

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Obviously not a great game defensively or goaltending-wise from us. Pretty flat and a lot of vets didn’t provide much.

- Alexandrov didn’t do anything but has nice flow.
- Frolik was invisible and provides nothing.
- Rosen looked pretty good and is a solid depth piece.
- Neal looked decent, I’d be fine with him on the team.
- Kyrou was real good, created lots of chances.
- Count me in as someone who prefers Joshua over MacEachern. Mac is very blah but Joshua has a good presence about him, physically and defensively. Makes smart plays with the puck. Not much finishing ability but I like him.
By flow, you talking about his mane?

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Must suck being a Chicago sports fan. Bears, Bulls, Cubs and Hawks all suck. All non playoff teams.

Don’t know if you keep up with basketball, but the Bulls are gonna be pretty good this year. White Sox are also pretty solid, and the Bears just got a potential franchise QB finally. I don’t think things are too bad up there right now.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Obviously not a great game defensively or goaltending-wise from us. Pretty flat and a lot of vets didn’t provide much.

- Alexandrov didn’t do anything but has nice flow.
- Frolik was invisible and provides nothing.
- Rosen looked pretty good and is a solid depth piece.
- Neal looked decent, I’d be fine with him on the team.
- Kyrou was real good, created lots of chances.
- Count me in as someone who prefers Joshua over MacEachern. Mac is very blah but Joshua has a good presence about him, physically and defensively. Makes smart plays with the puck. Not much finishing ability but I like him.
Well, Joshua is much versatile too. Can play PK minutes too and is really good at faceoff dot. I assume he can play winger spot too.

Time flies macmac is already 27 and Joshua 25.

Next month Tarasenko is 30. :eek:

How old am I. Jeesus ..:(

puckerdude10

Feb 22, 2010
Columbia
Anyone else been pleasantly surprised by Rosen? Not someone I expected to notice at all but I have been impressed. Seems like a really nice depth D, someone that could play a handful of games in an emergency and hold his own.

Count me in as someone wanting to taking a flyer on Neal. At worst someone else snags him from us if we ever waive him. At best he comes in and contributes in our top 9 and finds chemistry with a couple guys and helps solidify a line.

Was also really impressed with Anas last night. I don't see him cracking our top 14 but for his sake, as a player, I hope he gets a shot at some point this year, whether with us or someone else. Seems like a solid player and deserves a shot to play in an NHL game. Works hard, plays smart and competes. At 28 would like to see him get into his first game soon.

Don't think we should bother signing Frolik, he doesn't seem to add much. Also was underwhelmed by Alexandrov last night. Was hoping to see more, seems to need more time in the AHL.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I heard Kerber say that one of the game officials last night was Cody Beach. Good for him! I wonder what though guys do for a living now that the NHL has just about abolished fighting.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I heard Kerber say that one of the game officials last night was Cody Beach. Good for him! I wonder what though guys do for a living now that the NHL has just about abolished fighting.
Who was that person on Blues board who was high on Cody? @MissouriMook or 2minute etc don't remember his nick perfectly.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yes I miss that dude. His post were so crypted and same with 2minuteminor. It was like going back to school what heck they were talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Multimoodia, with the cow avatar.
Found it. Maybe the prettiest avatar in Blues board.

2021_10_03_22.35.01.jpg

Or @PeterAngelo

2021_10_03_22.44.48.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MissouriMook

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Berube liked Neal and Joshua last night so they may be gaining some progress for winning spots.

I’m getting close to completely eliminating Frolik and MacEachern. I can’t see them making it.

I think Kostin, Brown, Neighbours, Clifford, Neal and Joshua are fighting for the 4 spots. We will see how serious Kostin’s injury is.

Reactions: Mike Liut

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
What positive you guys have to said about Kaspick where he is at? Look like who for example?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
What positive you guys have to said about Kaspick where he is at? Look like who for example?

Love his energy. He can hit and cycle. Doesn't do much with the puck. Didn't notice him defensively. He's basically Mackenzie MacEachern with less skill.

Reactions: Ranksu

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
WTF? This thread. Holy shit

-

Kaspick can move around, that’s for sure. Seems more like an energy guy and nothing more at the NHL level.

Keep working that angle, Tanner, and you will be a successful NHLer.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Love his energy. He can hit and cycle. Doesn't do much with the puck. Didn't notice him defensively. He's basically Mackenzie MacEachern with less skill.

I’ve thought he’s been noticeable in a good way as well. He’s stayed late in camp several years in a row now, I wonder if he’ll finally get his debut this year.

Also his drop pass to Nathan Todd was a beauty in that Chicago game.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Well, Joshua is much versatile too. Can play PK minutes too and is really good at faceoff dot. I assume he can play winger spot too.

Time flies macmac is already 27 and Joshua 25.

Next month Tarasenko is 30. :eek:

How old am I. Jeesus ..:(
Not very old through my eyes. Enjoy your youth (which, in my estimation goes to about age 60). :D

Reactions: Ranksu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad