Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

cvb949w17ju61.jpg

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I wonder why Walman doesn't get better look at PP? We know what Faulk is.

Clad to see Perunovich gets ice time PP.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I wonder why Walman doesn't get better look at PP? We know what Faulk is.

Clad to see Perunovich gets ice time PP.
Walman hasn't hit ever 30 points in his pro career. His AHL career scoring pace is .333, which puts him on pace for 27 points every 82 games. That is across 3 AHL seasons plus a handful of games in another. He's either failed to grab a top PP spot against AHL competition that entire time or failed to turn top PP unit usage into a meaningful point total during his development. He's 25 and has 2 points through 25 NHL games. He's not good enough offensively to excel on an NHL PP.

Over the last 5 years, Faulk's PP points per 60 is 67th among D men with at least 100 minutes on the PP. The 3 names ahead of him on the list are Chychrun, Trouba and Theodore. The 3 names after him on the list are Giordano, Ekblad and Muzzin. He is absolutely capable of running the 2nd PP unit, but I disagree that we know what his PP role should be this year. Parayko is also good enough to man a 2nd PP unit. Perunovich appears good enough to man that unit if he makes the roster (and frankly should only make the roster if the plan is for him to take PP minutes). The 2nd PP QB is absolutely a relevant roster battle right now and auditioning a player who has zero chance of taking it is a waste of everyone's time.

Walman isn't getting a look there because he is (at absolute best) 5th in line to take PP minutes.

Reactions: southsider

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Will this be on the Bally sports app? I don't see it listed. Its listed on ESPN+ but it says blackout. I missed last game because the video off of NHL's site ran like crap. I really want to see Bolduc's debut. Any legal tips on how to watch?

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Will this be on the Bally sports app? I don't see it listed. Its listed on ESPN+ but it says blackout. I missed last game because the video off of NHL's site ran like crap. I really want to see Bolduc's debut. Any legal tips on how to watch?

I'd heard that the last game was streaming on the Blues website? If not, I'd expect the Hawks would be doing something?

I can't see a team as popular as the Hawks not having some legitimate free way to view the game either on a tv network or as a legitimate stream somewhere.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I'd heard that the last game was streaming on the Blues website? If not, I'd expect the Hawks would be doing something?

I can't see a team as popular as the Hawks not having some legitimate free way to view the game either on a tv network or as a legitimate stream somewhere.

I found a way. I am 3-4 hours outside Chicago, so I get the NBC Sports Chicago networks with my cable package. Its on NBCSCh+ for me. That doesn't help anyone else wanting to watch it but it solves my problem. The Blues site on NHL.com is promoting listening on the radio off of the site, so I doubt it will be streamed.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Walman hasn't hit ever 30 points in his pro career. His AHL career scoring pace is .333, which puts him on pace for 27 points every 82 games. That is across 3 AHL seasons plus a handful of games in another. He's either failed to grab a top PP spot against AHL competition that entire time or failed to turn top PP unit usage into a meaningful point total during his development. He's 25 and has 2 points through 25 NHL games. He's not good enough offensively to excel on an NHL PP.

Over the last 5 years, Faulk's PP points per 60 is 67th among D men with at least 100 minutes on the PP. The 3 names ahead of him on the list are Chychrun, Trouba and Theodore. The 3 names after him on the list are Giordano, Ekblad and Muzzin. He is absolutely capable of running the 2nd PP unit, but I disagree that we know what his PP role should be this year. Parayko is also good enough to man a 2nd PP unit. Perunovich appears good enough to man that unit if he makes the roster (and frankly should only make the roster if the plan is for him to take PP minutes). The 2nd PP QB is absolutely a relevant roster battle right now and auditioning a player who has zero chance of taking it is a waste of everyone's time.

Walman isn't getting a look there because he is (at absolute best) 5th in line to take PP minutes.
I appreciate your input in writing.

I don't know why Walman hasn't produce at PP at AHL. I don't know has our AHL squad be that good our recent years? Or if I remember correctly we didn't have own AHL squad in few years?

We had quite log jam at LHD side in long time.

I view Walman as late bloomer, but yeah my view is just different vs yours.

I just wonder how to get best of our players what we have.

How Faulk is paid and he doesn't suck that badly at defensively he should be played as much you can at 5on5.

I view you should use Parayko at 5on5 and PK.

Krug is pure PP guy. Zero responsibility for pk or 5on5 d-zone starts.

That leaves 3rd pair spot for either Mikkola or Walman. Who you value more. Mikkola who is decent at PK and eat majority of Krug responsibility.

Or

Walman who could be potentially be our 2PP guy and be good enough at 5on5.

I agree 2nd PP isn't that big of deal, but I just want to be sure what Walman is.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I found a way. I am 3-4 hours outside Chicago, so I get the NBC Sports Chicago networks with my cable package. Its on NBCSCh+ for me. That doesn't help anyone else wanting to watch it but it solves my problem. The Blues site on NHL.com is promoting listening on the radio off of the site, so I doubt it will be streamed.

The Blues site didn't show last game as watchable until an hour or two before the game, if I recall (not that it ended up being watchable hockey anyway). So it's possible it pops up there soon. Not banking on it, but we'll see.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Looking at the Blackhawks site:

TIME: 7:30 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH+ | RADIO: WGN 720-AM | STREAM: ESPN+ (Out of Market Only)

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Don’t know what ESPN+ is and I doubt I have it. I’m a Spectrum subscriber

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Basically a replacement for NHLtv/gamecenter. Monthly/yearly subscription. Most locally ( STL ) broadcast games will be blacked out I assume.
It's actually much better. Has all kinds of live sports (will even have some KHL games) and you can bundle it with Hulu and Disney+ for not that much. Fun for the whole family. But mostly hockey for us.

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Basically a replacement for NHLtv/gamecenter. Monthly/yearly subscription. Most locally ( STL ) broadcast games will be blacked out I assume.

I bought a 1 month subscription to ESPN+ last week and then found out that it SUCKS as far as watching the Blues (only a certain number of games from what I can tell). So I splurged for DirectTV Stream. It's $$$, but it has Bally Sports MW in one of their packages. I'm all in.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I bought a 1 month subscription to ESPN+ last week and then found out that it SUCKS as far as watching the Blues (only a certain number of games from what I can tell). So I splurged for DirectTV Stream. It's $$$, but it has Bally Sports MW in one of their packages. I'm all in.
It has sucked for preseason, so I'm not happy. But all of the regular season games are supposedly on there (other than ones on Turner).

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
It has sucked for preseason, so I'm not happy. But all of the regular season games are supposedly on there (other than ones on Turner).

I looked at the schedule on ESPN+ and didn't see all the games. It may be that I need to go around the blackout rules with a VPN, so the Blues TV schedule wasn't displaying correctly when I looked at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad