GDT: Blues @ Habs • Blues Brothers edition • Oct 20, 19:30 ET • Bell Centre • FS-MW, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I can't wait for this game! For me it feels like playoffs hockey already!

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
This'll be a really interesting match-up, apart from goaltending they're fairly similar to us statistically so far.

Blues average 32.2 shots per game (6th) and 25 shots against (1st) while the Habs average 34 shots/game (2nd) and 26.5 shots against (7th).
They also scored 21 goals through 6 games vs 20 for us.

Goaltending is where they stand apart though with a .907 sv% for the Blues vs .956 for the Habs.

RR10*

Impressive how the two rosters look somewhat similar. Elite top pairing, but I'd give the nod to Markov-PK. Elite top line winger with a smart skilled C and a scoring two-way winger. Dangerous 2nd line; Schwartz and Semin both very skilled, Eller and Brouwer providing two-way physical play with some goal scoring, Backes and Galch are obv. significantly different players though. Sheltered 3rd line with a playmaking C. We have a faster and more skilled 4th line, but damn is there 4th line intimidating.

We have a significant edge in goal and an edge in D. Tbh, I'm disappointed with how the Blues roster ended up after all these years (granted, they're missing Shattenkirk and Berglund).

It's going to be a tough match for us. We can win in a track meet, skating game but this is going to be a physical game vs the Blues. It very well may be our first loss. I just hope we can maintain our forecheck and play the way we have so far this season vs their big, tough team.
Except that this isn't the Blues ordinary lines because of the injuries on Shattenkirk, Stastny, Fabbri and Berglund.

Steen - Stastny - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Lehtera - Fabbri
Jaskin - Backes - Brouwer
Berglund - Brodziak - Reaves

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson - Shattenkirk
Edmundson - Parayko

Elliott

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Season series: The Montreal Canadiens swept their two games against the St. Louis Blues last season, winning 5-2 in St. Louis on Feb. 24 in the most recent game. Forwards Max Pacioretty, Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallaghereach scored two goals against the Blues. Prior to last season the Blues were 7-0-1 in eight games against the Canadiens...

As a lover of great music & musicians, *****RoadTrips****** Yeaaah, and Great Habs/Blues games, this GDT is a great buildup to the Real McCoy!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap: Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Will be the first game this season that I miss completely :/ I have a midterm during the game.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Galchenyuk is a bomb that's waiting to explode. Might be his game against Allen. But Tarasenko is also scary, if we give them some powerplay , i can see him scoring a multipoint game.

I expect something like 5-2.

Jake Allen is capable of winning games on goaltending ability, 2 SO's for Team Canada in 2009-2010, behind St.Louis's defensive structure this game could be a forerunner to the Stanley Cup Final this year, IMHO.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Impressive how the two rosters look somewhat similar. Elite top pairing, but I'd give the nod to Markov-PK. Elite top line winger with a smart skilled C and a scoring two-way winger. Dangerous 2nd line; Schwartz and Semin both very skilled, Eller and Brouwer providing two-way physical play with some goal scoring, Backes and Galch are obv. significantly different players though. Sheltered 3rd line with a playmaking C. We have a faster and more skilled 4th line, but damn is there 4th line intimidating.

We have a significant edge in goal and an edge in D. Tbh, I'm disappointed with how the Blues roster ended up after all these years (granted, they're missing Shattenkirk and Berglund).

It's going to be a tough match for us. We can win in a track meet, skating game but this is going to be a physical game vs the Blues. It very well may be our first loss. I just hope we can maintain our forecheck and play the way we have so far this season vs their big, tough team.

And Stastny and Fabbri. Our roster tonight is not what it is supposed to be. Scott Gomez is in the lineup as is Upshall.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
That was already pointed out. Sorry.

Excited to see Price tonight. I feel like we get your backup a lot.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Neither team has played a formidable opponent yet. They will tonight. The difference? Habs have the edge in goaltending. That will be the difference.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Nice job on the GDT!

Tough game ahead. Blues have a really strong, balanced lineup.

Could it be a preview of the 2016 SCF?

GO HABS GO!!!

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Either we win again or get absolutely slaughtered.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. This reminds me of the one time (maybe last season or the season before?) when we had a 6 game win streak only to be slaughtered by the kings at home.

Emelin on the ice at the same time as Tarasenko scares the living ****out of me.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
true, no more Halak :help:

BTW our GDT is way better :naughty:

We pride ourselves on putting out the bare minimum, half-assed effort on our GDTs. A tradition if you will. Today we set a new low when an opposing fan started it for us. Bravo :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad