GDT: Blues @ Habs • Blues Brothers edition • Oct 20, 19:30 ET • Bell Centre • FS-MW, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal

Line up

vs

St Louis Blues 5-1-0 (10pts) @ Montreal Canadiens 6-0-0 (12pts)​

Game Info (NHL.com):​

Season series: The Montreal Canadiens swept their two games against the St. Louis Blues last season, winning 5-2 in St. Louis on Feb. 24 in the most recent game. Forwards Max Pacioretty, Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallaghereach scored two goals against the Blues. Prior to last season the Blues were 7-0-1 in eight games against the Canadiens.
Blues team scope: Right wing Vladimir Tarasenko was named NHL Third Star of the Week on Monday. Tarasenko had three goals and three assists and a plus-6 rating in four games, all victories. Tarasenko is tied for the League-lead in goals (five) and points (nine) entering play Monday.
The Blues will conclude a season-long six-game road trip in search of their fifth consecutive victory. St. Louis has gone 11-1-2 in the past 14 games in Canadian cities, with the lone regulation loss at Bell Centre last season.
Defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk, who has missed the past two games because of a lower-body injury, practiced Monday but will not play. The Blues also will be without forwards Paul Stastny (lower body) and Robby Fabbri (concussion).
Jake Allen is expected to start in goal.
Canadiens team scope: Goalie Carey Price, expected to start against St. Louis, was named the NHL First Star of the Week on Monday. Price went 3-0-0 with a 1.00 goals-against average, a .963 save percentage and one shutout last week; in five games this season he is 5-0-0 with a 1.20 GAA and .957 save percentage this season.
"It's just having the right mindset on keeping your focus towards what's ahead and not what's behind you," Price told the Canadiens' website. "... It's the approach I've always taken and I think the guys in here are taking the same approach."
Montreal will look to extend a franchise record for consecutive wins to start a season. The Canadiens are the lone remaining unbeaten team. They lead the NHL in fewest goals-against (seven) and are tied for second in goals scored with 20, one behind the Blues.

Previous Match:​
Feb 24, 2015​
Habs 5 Blues 2​

GO HABS GO!!!​

Last edited:

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Top notch GDT. Great job, Conflicted Habs fan!

Hoping for a 7th win, but this is one tough opponent.

Go Habs Go!
/

ZzKWyDQ.gif

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Its been a lot of fun watching the habs. But you got Hitchcock coming to town now, and if a result is to be had, I suspect its not going to be so pretty. When the blues are on their game (and there's no reason to think they wont be pumped for this one), you have to earn every peice of ice that you get.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Scott Gomez hatrick

He's been really good on the blues so far this year.

This is going to be a tough game. The blues play a similar style but may be slightly better on the forecheck. Habs will need to exploit that st louis d corps that is without shattenkirk and not let the blues hem us in. Quick breakouts and a hard forecheck against their third and second d pairings are the keys to success.

Last edited:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Impressive how the two rosters look somewhat similar. Elite top pairing, but I'd give the nod to Markov-PK. Elite top line winger with a smart skilled C and a scoring two-way winger. Dangerous 2nd line; Schwartz and Semin both very skilled, Eller and Brouwer providing two-way physical play with some goal scoring, Backes and Galch are obv. significantly different players though. Sheltered 3rd line with a playmaking C. We have a faster and more skilled 4th line, but damn is there 4th line intimidating.

We have a significant edge in goal and an edge in D. Tbh, I'm disappointed with how the Blues roster ended up after all these years (granted, they're missing Shattenkirk and Berglund).

It's going to be a tough match for us. We can win in a track meet, skating game but this is going to be a physical game vs the Blues. It very well may be our first loss. I just hope we can maintain our forecheck and play the way we have so far this season vs their big, tough team.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A great test for sure. With Price in net Habs can win this game. #91 for the Blues is awfully good.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
They better win, because I don't want to be at the game where they lose for the first time of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad