OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Cards lose their top two picks(a 2nd and a 3rd since we lost our 1st for signing Fowler) in this year's draft as punishment for the "hacking". We had an amazing draft last year and have quite a few really good young players coming up this year so it doesn't really hurt too bad.

Some people think it's light but taking draft picks and money away anytime is a big deal. The cards will over come this easily.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Cards lose their top two picks(a 2nd and a 3rd since we lost our 1st for signing Fowler) in this year's draft as punishment for the "hacking". We had an amazing draft last year and have quite a few really good young players coming up this year so it doesn't really hurt too bad.

Quite frankly I was expecting much worse.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Some people think it's light but taking draft picks and money away anytime is a big deal. The cards will over come this easily.

Losing the signing bonus pool is also key, as we lose a lot of flexibility when signing our picks. But the Cardinals knew this was coming and went over their bonus pool last amateur draft and in the international signing period. Pretty smart, it gets the prospects in your system earlier (a pretty damn good farm system at developing talent no less), and you basically just write off this draft year.

http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/As-MLB-ruling-nears-new-details-of-Cardinals-10891605.php

The details are pretty interesting, they make it out like Correa was jealous of Mejdal and Lunhow. With all of the talk of Marco Gonzales being one of the names that he had access to during the time of his draft, I was afraid he was going to be part of the penalty.

I remember going to a Cardinals Winter Warm up years ago, and all of these guys hosted a discussion on analytics. Mejdal is literally a rocket scientist, and Correa was working on a PhD before getting poached by the Cardinals.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I don't know where else to post this, but that big fifty shades darker ad on this site is ****ing annoying! Rant done. Please go back to your Superbowl talk, or, whatever. :)

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
I don't know where else to post this, but that big fifty shades darker ad on this site is ****ng annoying! Rant done. Please go back to your Superbowl talk, or, whatever. :)

You know, they show you ads based on stuff you've googled or websites you've been to

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
5 years, 51 million for Martinez. Love it.

And options for (reportedly) $17M and $18M after that. I'm pretty excited about this--El Gallo is probably my favorite player on the team.

Anyone else stoked for Nintendo Switch and LoZ:Breath of the Wild?

Definitely. The two things I am looking forward to most in the near future are the Switch in one month and MLB in two. I managed to snag a preorder, though it's for the gray one and my wife strongly prefers the neon, so I'm hoping more preorders will come up before launch and I can switch (no pun intended).

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
And options for (reportedly) $17M and $18M after that. I'm pretty excited about this--El Gallo is probably my favorite player on the team.

Definitely. The two things I am looking forward to most in the near future are the Switch in one month and MLB in two. I managed to snag a preorder, though it's for the gray one and my wife strongly prefers the neon, so I'm hoping more preorders will come up before launch and I can switch (no pun intended).

You could always grab a pair of controllers, but, then again that's really expensive.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
pQSPiyT.jpg

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
We stopped shortly into the 3rd period, but I went back after watching something else to fast-forward through the 2nd half. So I was the only one in the house who saw the epic comeback. Tough day to be a Falcons fan, and feel bad for Ryan. But that was an impressive comeback. After the playoffs have been pretty much noncompetitive except the Cowboys and Packers, it was nice to see some intense drama.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Despite hating the outcome, that was a great game. Those types of games are why the NFL is so popular in the US. In terms of endgame, no sport can really compare to a 2 minute drive to tie the game. Extra innings baseball is close though.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Despite hating the outcome, that was a great game. Those types of games are why the NFL is so popular in the US. In terms of endgame, no sport can really compare to a 2 minute drive to tie the game. Extra innings baseball is close though.

Yeah, but NFL overtime is still terrible. A coin flip shouldn't have that big of an effect on the outcome of the super bowl.

7bd342fwr5ey.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad