OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
What a big win. That kind of game is the reason people hate the cards, haha. We haven't really battled back a ton this year. Last night's loss and the trade today got me bummed. It's nice when baseball can bring you back up.

We actually lead the league in comeback wins

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I'm surprised by the hate for the Moss trade. He now leads the Cards in HR and RBI's. We needed a bat and we went and got one.

Kaminisky is our 3rd best left handed pitcher in the minors, but he's still got a ways to go before he could even make an impact in the Bigs. The Cards need help now, and they are getting almost historic pitching, it would be stupid not to improve the biggest weakness on the Club without sacrificing too much of the future.

To put this in a Blues perspective, Army would have traded Fabbri, Barbashev and '16 1st rounder for a need we don't actually have, like more depth dman, instead of actual scoring that we really need. While Mo sacrifices some possible future success, to further our chances at another World Series. The Cards have the best record in baseball because of their incredible pitching and pedestrian offense. So Mo goes and gets a good bat that can play multiple positions of need.

I think it's a good trade.
I don't really like it RIGHT NOW, but if he ends up doing good for us, then I'll eat crow.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
We're beefing up our bullpen for all those 1-0 wins we will be hopefully having down the stretch

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Sweet. Got a couple more hours to (hopefully) add another bat.

Liked the Broxton pick up. Can never have too many bullpen guys.

Not sure if we have the assets left to get him, but I hope Mo is at least taking a run at Cespedes. Get him in here for help this season and as insurance against losing Heyward as a FA. You should be able to lock one (or both) of them up after the season.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Not sure if we have the assets left to get him, but I hope Mo is at least taking a run at Cespedes. Get him in here for help this season and as insurance against losing Heyward as a FA. You should be able to lock one (or both) of them up after the season.
I wouldn't mind that. The only problem I see with it though, is that creates even more of a clusterf*** in the outfield. You've got, assuming all are brought back in this hypothetical situation, Holliday, Grichuck, Bourjos, Jay, Heyward, Cespedes, Piscotty (which I guess he could always play first if he turns into an offensive upgrade over Adams). Worse comes to worse, use one as trade bait next season.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado

Cespedes sucks

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'm really liking Piscotty so far.

And yeah, Carp needs to say at leadoff. His approach is much different and for whatever reason it works better for him.

ATTA BOY Peralta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad