OT: Blues Forum Lounge (Home of All Things OT) - Part 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Does anybody know...did the Cardinals have their choice of Ozuna & Yelich after missing out on Stanton, and they chose Osuna...or was Yelich already off the table at that point?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Does anybody know...did the Cardinals have their choice of Ozuna & Yelich after missing out on Stanton, and they chose Osuna...or was Yelich already off the table at that point?
Yelich was off the table. Whether it was Miami trying to dump the lesser guy on the more desperate team, or if Yelich requested a trade AFTER Ozuna was moved is up for debate. I think the former, they didn't have much reason to hang onto Yelich after moving Ozuna and Stanton.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
The story I’ve heard -I think Hummel and others have reported as much- was that the Cardinals did prefer Yelich, but were ok with either of Ozuna or Yelich after Stanton. And the Cardinals were shot down each time they asked about Yelich and ultimately ended up with Ozuna after Stanton rejected coming to STL. So sounds like it was just a couple of tough breaks for the Cards. At least that’s the story we’re getting.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
classic wow beta launched and is dominating twitch

nice to see a actual good game doin well instead of garbage like FORTNITE

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
This is WAY off topic but I'm a big George Strait fan and got tickets for the concert in KC in January and I'm having to use this app called Flash Seats. So far its been a disaster. Has anyone ever used Flash Seats for any other event?

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
This is WAY off topic but I'm a big George Strait fan and got tickets for the concert in KC in January and I'm having to use this app called Flash Seats. So far its been a disaster. Has anyone ever used Flash Seats for any other event?
I used it for (I believe) Rockets tickets. Don't recall having any specific issues.

Reactions: Note Worthy

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I accepted a position in Corpus Christi. We’ll be moving in the next couple months. Never figured myself for a beach person, but life is funny that way.

Reactions: Blueston

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Chris Long retired today. He played on some AWFUL Rams teams while he was here but I always enjoyed him. Glad he was able to get a ring
One of my favorite athletes. So thrilled he was able to get those two rings. Played two seasons for free and donated his money to improve communities. That's philanthropy. Put his money where his mouth was and tried to make a difference. I hope he has a long and joyous retirement.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Quote is from Blues discussion thread, responding to someone asking for GDT link as it was started by poster they had on ignore. I moved my follow-up here as it is OT.

Can the site do anything about not being able to see entire threads started by an ignored poster? Mods preach ignoring people you dislike rather than engaging them personally. Yet not seeing entire threads is a real disincentive to putting any active poster on ignore. GDTs are one thing because you know there is going to be one, so you can ask for a link. But people can miss entire other threads they don't even know they are missing. Good discussion can stem out of a thread started by a troll.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Quote is from Blues discussion thread, responding to someone asking for GDT link as it was started by poster they had on ignore. I moved my follow-up here as it is OT.

Can the site do anything about not being able to see entire threads started by an ignored poster? Mods preach ignoring people you dislike rather than engaging them personally. Yet not seeing entire threads is a real disincentive to putting any active poster on ignore. GDTs are one thing because you know there is going to be one, so you can ask for a link. But people can miss entire other threads they don't even know they are missing. Good discussion can stem out of a thread started by a troll.
No. This base software doesn't have that functionality, unfortunately. We tested an add-on, but the package hogged too many resources to make it viable for our volume.

You can always un-ignore someone to grab the GDT link, then put the person back on ignore, so nobody should be completely reliant on posted links to get into GDTs.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
No. This base software doesn't have that functionality, unfortunately. We tested an add-on, but the package hogged too many resources to make it viable for our volume.

You can always un-ignore someone to grab the GDT link, then put the person back on ignore, so nobody should be completely reliant on posted links to get into GDTs.

That only works for GDTs. Do people have to un-ignore Dizee every time they want to read the series discussion thread? Or what if Ranksu posts a thread about one of our Finnish prospects and some rational posters manage to have a good discussion that I don't know to un-ignore Ranksu to see.. If you can't fix it, you can't fix it. It's probably not important enough to dedicate too much time. But it sure is annoying. Anyway, thanks for the response.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
That only works for GDTs. Do people have to un-ignore Dizee every time they want to read the series discussion thread? Or what if Ranksu posts a thread about one of our Finnish prospects and some rational posters manage to have a good discussion that I don't know to un-ignore Ranksu to see.. If you can't fix it, you can't fix it. It's probably not important enough to dedicate too much time. But it sure is annoying. Anyway, thanks for the response.

I didn't even realize there was a series discussion thread. Can we choose which threads to merge into the other, or is it automatic?

Reactions: Klank Loves You

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
This site is becoming unusable on mobile again. The redirecting pop ups are back, the ads at the bottom have started expanding as you scroll, and some of the ads served are designed to have a tiny close button that's almost impossible to click on mobile, making the scroll to top button unclickable. It sucks in general that hitting that is the best option to return to the board, it needs to be at least consistently functional.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
This site is becoming unusable on mobile again. The redirecting pop ups are back, the ads at the bottom have started expanding as you scroll, and some of the ads served are designed to have a tiny close button that's almost impossible to click on mobile, making the scroll to top button unclickable. It sucks in general that hitting that is the best option to return to the board, it needs to be at least consistently functional.
I suggest making a post on the Support forum detailing the issue.

We don't put up the ads ourselves, but the people who do are usually pretty good about listening to feedback if ads are making it difficult to use the site.

Reactions: Thallis

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

I had to update my ignore list for this reason. I got tired of going back and forth with on-ignore/off-ignore just so I could see the threads.

So now some people just aren't on ignore and I have to deal with it.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I had to update my ignore list for this reason. I got tired of going back and forth with on-ignore/off-ignore just so I could see the threads.

So now some people just aren't on ignore and I have to deal with it.
Even obnoxious Blues fans are more tolerable when they’re winning historic games.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia