Post-Game Talk: Blues def. Canucks - 4-3 (Chiasson, Pettersson x2)

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Auto refresh so you don’t have to

Message board version of a live chat
1648669415575.png

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Damn....looks like a serious groin injury for Hoglander.....too bad, he was an entertaining guy to watch even when he wasn't scoring.

Hope he doesn't need surgery and can come back strong next season. But the reality at his size he's taken a lot of punishment this season. Canucks desperately need more size and sandpaper up front....so guys like Garland, Highmore and Hoglander won't be targets out there.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Damn....looks like a serious groin injury for Hoglander.....too bad, he was an entertaining guy to watch even when he wasn't scoring.

Hope he doesn't need surgery and can come back strong next season. But the reality at his size he's taken a lot of punishment this season. Canucks desperately need more size and sandpaper up front....so guys like Garland, Highmore and Hoglander won't be targets out there.

I really don’t think size is an issue for the Canucks upfront except maybe having one more big body on the 4th line.

In any case, Hoglander is a fire hydrant in the Ardvisson/St Louis body type mould, and didn’t really get abused much from what I saw. Sometimes groin injuries just happen.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
I think I’ve officially started losing interest in Canucks games for a while. I think the last playoff hopes we’re finally snuffed out with that loss in St Louis and the continuing good form of the Oilers etc.

Plus, since moving out east I finally understand why so many people out here don’t know much about teams in the west coast. Staying up until 1am to watch games is not sustainable across a season. I always brushed that reasoning off as a bit lazy, but nah, it sucks. I’m trying to scheme how I can carve out enough time to watch the game first thing when I wake up.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Seems they have some injured players becoming available to play - Dickenson, Poolman, Burroughs (no Sutter). I'm fine with Burroughs, but does he replace Hunt or Dermott? Rather keep Lockwood in than Dickinson, but I guess the management, at some point, will need to see what Dickinson brings and make their off-season decisions accordingly.

Tonight's game - which Blues goalie are we facing tonight?
Looks like Husso

Thanks to @jura from the Blues Board for the info

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Honest question, does Hunt merit taking out right now? I really like Burroughs, but Hunt has played some really solid hockey of late. He's also enormously popular with his teammates and coaches. I don't know that it's an automatic conversation that he comes out if Burroughs or Poolman become available.
he's small and easily pushed around but he has a wicked shot

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Honest question, does Hunt merit taking out right now? I really like Burroughs, but Hunt has played some really solid hockey of late. He's also enormously popular with his teammates and coaches. I don't know that it's an automatic conversation that he comes out if Burroughs or Poolman become available.
The smart move would be shutting down injured OEL and then auditioning Rathbone in an elevated role - also allowing Hunt to stay in the lineup and those bottom guys to rotate positions.

If OEL isn't injured and he's just actually been playing this bad for a sustained period, HOLY SHIT.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The lines I want:

Petan-Miller-Boeser
Podkolzin-Pettersson-Garland
Pearson-Horvat-Lockwood
Richardson-Lammikki-Chiasson

The lines we’ll get:

Pearson-Miller-Garland
Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser
Podkolzin-Lammikko-Chiasson
Petan-Richardson-Lockwood