GDT: Blues @ Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
The Stars feed didn't show that replay, I didn't think it was serious but with the way he was holding it, it could be a separated shoulder.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I guess Berglund's injury is pretty serious JR just tweeted, Blues will be without 7 of their top 12 starting forwards this Sunday.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I guess Berglund's injury is pretty serious JR just tweeted, Blues will be without 7 of their top 12 starting forwards this Sunday.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a separated shoulder. He could be done for a couple rounds.

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
From Rutherford

I don't ever remember walking around a locker room and seeing so many walking boots, casts, ice bags and ace bandages in my career #stlblues

Bluesfan2308

Feb 21, 2014
I hope these injuries are not just a case of jumping off a sinking ship. I mean they only have a desperate fan base they are letting down yet again.

Kind of reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack. "Oh my arm"

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Some folks on the main board raise a decent point. With Hitch expecting his players to play playoff hockey all season long, running out of gas, and nagging injuries throughout the season mounting towards the end of a 82 game season seems like a forgone conclusion. You got to save something for the grind of when the playoff season starts, it looks like our team doesn't have much of anything left.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Over 50% of this years Blues scoring not dressed for this one. I've watched Blues Hockey for over 40 years and have never seen a rash of injuries that have hit the Blues like this before. Unreal.

As JR tweeted :
I don't ever remember walking around a locker room and seeing so many walking boots, casts, ice bags and ace bandages in my career.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Some folks on the main board raise a decent point. With Hitch expecting his players to play playoff hockey all season long, running out of gas, and nagging injuries throughout the season mounting towards the end of a 82 game season seems like a forgone conclusion. You got to save something for the grind of when the playoff season starts, it looks like our team doesn't have much of anything left.

That's bogus. Do people say that about the Bruins?

The Blues have played their style, but they've hardly been playing at a playoff intensity all season. You have to define better what you mean by "playoff hockey" during the regular season, and then I think you'll find that its a description that really doesn't fit the Blues season in a different way than teams like Boston, Anaheim, etc.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
That's bogus. Do people say that about the Bruins?

The Blues have played their style, but they've hardly been playing at a playoff intensity all season. You have to define better what you mean by "playoff hockey" during the regular season, and then I think you'll find that its a description that really doesn't fit the Blues season in a different way than teams like Boston, Anaheim, etc.

I was just bringing in here what a few posters from other teams fanbases posted on the main board. Thought it could have some merit, or at least start a interesting conversation.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
The Blues came out of the gate playing incredible but since around the end of December they haven't played nearly as well as they were at the start of the season. For the last half of the season I was under the impression that they have been saving some energy for the playoffs so if this team was playing their best throughout, maybe they're just not as good as we originally thought.

fallingquarters

Jan 15, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
The Blues came out of the gate playing incredible but since around the end of December they haven't played nearly as well as they were at the start of the season. For the last half of the season I was under the impression that they have been saving some energy for the playoffs so if this team was playing their best throughout, maybe they're just not as good as we originally thought.

I think there's a key difference between "saving" energy and just plain running out of it.

Based on the injury situation, I'm going to put my money on the latter.

Yoko Ono*

They looked "disinterested" again, I really like that description.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
They didn't look disinterested at all last night, they just were missing way too much skill.

Also, Ty Rattie does not look "too small" whatsoever.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
They didn't look disinterested at all last night, they just were missing way too much skill.

Also, Ty Rattie does not look "too small" whatsoever.

Posters on here exaggerate the deficiencies of our rookies for some reason.

I don't know how many times people **** on Jaskin in the last couple games when he's been doing just fine for a rookie. Of course he's going to make some mistakes, he's a rookie for crying out loud, but people expect him to power to the net, fight off 3 defenders, and then go shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad