Pre-Game Talk: Blues @ Avs | Wednesday, November 27th, 7 PM MST | Welcome back, Mr. Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I think Duchene will be in tonight. I feel like he's been good to go for a while now but Roy is just be cautious. He wanted to play last week against Chicago :laugh:

Plus Roy said today "we want to bring the speed"
dutchy's been known to have some of that speed he speaks of

Duchene? NAAAHHHH He's a pylon :sarcasm:

EDIT: After last game...did anyone hear Rycrofts comparison of Duchene and Mackinnon? He basically said, Mack would win a foot race but no one in the NHL can change directions in the corners like Duchene can.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Blues fans are so butthurt we are talking about one of their players. I think they're on the brink of having strokes over there. Or maybe heartattacks. Just shows how sensitive and weak they are. Having 2 pages talking about Avs fans talking about Stewart. They're super offended by this. They're tight with their team, and they can't stand someone on the internet discussing a player of theirs, yo.

I think they're just still butthurt about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtFVZYaNvJ0&t=21m15s

It was the last time they had a decent playoff team and the Avs handled them like children and beat them 4 games to 1 without the best player in the world at the time, Peter Forsberg.

Since then they've only won 2 playoff rounds. In the series where they advanced past the first round, they got swept in one, and only won 1 game in the other. Pretty sad actually, I thought they were better than that.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I expect a win tonight.

It's so weird typing that. I haven't felt like this in years when talking about the AVs but I'm getting back to the point where I expect to see the team win on a regular basis again.

Quite refreshing actually.

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
Starting to dislike the blues. It's a shame they used to be my 2nd fave and I was born there.
Oh well. Got a free ticket this morning so hopefully it's a good game

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I think they're just still butthurt about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtFVZYaNvJ0&t=21m15s

It was the last time they had a decent playoff team and the Avs handled them like children and beat them 4 games to 1 without the best player in the world at the time, Peter Forsberg.

Since then they've only won 2 playoff rounds. In the series where they advanced past the first round, they got swept in one, and only won 1 game in the other. Pretty sad actually, I thought they were better than that.

I didn't realize that either, but I guess they have only become what people would call Cup Contenders recently though. Makes me happy nonetheless. Just when I was starting to like the Blues again, this whole read the Avs board, mock them on our board pissing match happens.

Which is all unfortunate actually. I respect the Blues team and think they're the top of the NHL, and probably the team to beat this year. It seemed like the whole Johnson trade was finally a thing of the past. Even after they pounded the Avs last game, things seemed fine.

And then a select few Blues posters felt they had the opportunity to get on their high horses and look down on the Avs fan base for discussing something involving the Avs, a former Av, an upcoming Avalanche game, that was being talked about on the Avs board. It's not even like this was a main board thread. It was just a thread to kill the two days till game time (which this fan base always does), and yes, happened to involve Chris Stewart hopefully fighting Bordeleau. It's unfortunate those few Blues fans went around trumpeting that our fan base was so "butthurt" and started this pissing match.

Hopefully the Avs play a great game tonight. It would make this whole "lol Avs fanz so butthurt" back and forth feel a lot better.

And Foppa, I think it was you who mentioned it seems like a big deal because there are way more fans posting in here? A rough count shows 90 different people have posted in this thread. Their PGT and GDT combined don't even have 90 posts.

Last edited:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Are we sure the Avs still have the policy in place of keeping injured players from talking to the media?

Yes they do

I think this one will be close, old go either way. 3-2 or 4-3. I'm more nervous for the home and home vs Minnesota. I think the Avs can definitely win this one. They'll be motivated, great crowd tonight, Duchene back helps too. But the Blues are very good. Can't give them PPs and some of our big boys need to have great games.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Colorado stars don't get news coverage. An oblique injury, he's been out 10 days. I personally don't think it was an oblique since he's back so soon but Duchene is conditioned very well so maybe that helps.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
What's Duchene's injury? Has he been out long?

I only ask because normally when a star gets hurt, it makes a lot of news and I hadn't heard anything?
He had an oblique injury he got in the Panthers game, I believe. It wasn't supposed to be anything big, and he was supposed to join the Avs on their recently passed road trip. However, he didn't make the trip, and was supposed to be back against the Blues. Then had what the media called a setback.

I think it hasn't made headlines because it keeps being classified as "minor," and "possibly back next game."

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It wasn't a setback though. Roy said he'd be out at least a week but hoped he could make the trip. He changed his mind about the trip, which was probably a good idea anyway to give him more rest if he wasn't going to play. The media only called it a setback to push the panic button and get hits.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
So anyway, I wanted to name this rivalry something that connected Denver and St. Louis.

So I'm going with Suds Series - since both cities are home to major brewing companies (Coors in Denver, A-Busch in St. Louis). Of course I don't drink, but still the name is a good fit.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think it's time for us to all stop chirping and complaining about blues fans.
1. They're team is better than ours. There's no better response as a fan than watching your team demilish the other. The blues have already done that once and it's possible it happens again.
2. We're all acting pretty childish. Chris Stewart made a mistake by showboating but that should have been forgotten about a day later. He said he doesn't care about Giggy and that he ratted the team out but Giggy called him out first. It was a simple response. Not a real classy one but it wasn't as bad as you guys make it out to be.

Hopefully we see a good game of hockey tonight. I know some people such as filthynote set a bad example for the blues fans but in all honesty they've been a fairly respectable fanbase who are finally excited to watch a good team play.

Hopefully the Avs on ice play calms these boards down a bit tonight. I'd love nothing more than a big W over our biggest division rival.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
1. They're team is better than ours. There's no better response as a fan than watching your team demilish the other. The blues have already done that once and it's possible it happens again.
2. We're all acting pretty childish. Chris Stewart made a mistake by showboating but that should have been forgotten about a day later. He said he doesn't care about Giggy and that he ratted the team out but Giggy called him out first. It was a simple response. Not a real classy one but it wasn't as bad as you guys make it out to be.

Hopefully we see a good game of hockey tonight. I know some people such as filthynote set a bad example for the blues fans but in all honesty they've been a fairly respectable fanbase who are finally excited to watch a good team play.

Hopefully the Avs on ice play calms these boards down a bit tonight. I'd love nothing more than a big W over our biggest division rival.

What's wrong with not liking another team or player though as fans, and talking about it? I don't get that part. That we as fans have to focus on getting the win, and take the emotion out of it. That's what the players are supposed to do. The fans are supposed to give a crap about their team and not like it when players embarrass it in a blowout, or call one of their biggest leaders a rat.

I think it's a completely normal reaction from a fan base. That said, Roy looks like he has defused any sort of emotional reaction, so I doubt we see one from the players.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I haven't been closely following this thread. Does anyone know if Duchene in or out tonight? I thought he was supposed to be out at least until the Wild game this weekend.

Duchene is my favorite player but I'd rather him not play until he's 100% healthy, even if that means missing tonight's game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I haven't been closely following this thread. Does anyone know if Duchene in or out tonight? I thought he was supposed to be out at least until the Wild game this weekend.

Duchene is my favorite player but I'd rather him not play until he's 100% healthy, even if that means missing tonight's game.

Yesterday after practice Roy said "definitely not" but now he's a game time decision, and Roy said this morning it's up to Duchty. Duchty was giving interviews after the morning skate, and said he thinks he can play through it, and it feels a lot better.

They haven't officially said he's playing, but it kind of looks like he will unless he doesn't feel good in warm ups or something.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany

I like their fanbase quite a lot to be honest. I also like their team. I think we're all hungry for a new rivalry, though. It's a thing which makes it fun to be fan of a team. The teams fight on the ice, we're doing it on message boards. Avs haven't even finished their rebuild, of course, and maybe we should be quiet because the Blues should be and probably are the better team right now. But where's the fun in that? The people who think that the start of the season was a fluke and the Avs are a bad team in reality should obviously be quiet but the fans who think the Avs are a good team now should enjoy the beginning of this new rivalry and have some fun imo.
Is it childish? Oh yes. Would people who aren't childish post in a hockey fan forum? No way. There's no reason not to have fun today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad