Post-Game Talk: Blues @ Avs 6 PM MDT | He came, he yelled at clouds, he conquered

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Ok for you people so in love with Jiggy, and needing to talk **** about Varlamov.

Jiggy has 5 wins 4 losses and 4 overtime losses, in his 13 games hes had 3 or more goals against 8 times, in his 8 games the team has collected points, he has let in 3 goals or more 7 of those games.

In his 5 wins? Jiggy has let in 3 goals or more 4 of 5....

See a pattern there? The team has for whatever reason decided to give Jiggy more room for error.

Now for Varlamov, in his 10 wins he let in 3 goals THREE FREAKING TIMES, how many games has he let in 3 goals and we lost? 8 times, we have lost when he let in 3 goals. How many times have we won with 3 goals against for Varly? ONCE...

That's how much fn support Varly has gotten from this team.

Varly's first 10 games of the season? 25 goals against, that's a goals against of 2.50. How many games did we win? THREE of his first 10 starts...

Anyone can see that this teams defense and coaching has burnt Varly the ******* out.

In order for Varly to have won the 10 games that he has, he had to put up a 1.70 goals against average. SEVEN of Varly's 10 wins came with 2 goals against or less, and that includes 3 shutouts, and two games with 1 goal against.

If I was Varly I would go back to KHL where he was playing for the best team until the Avs put together a winning team.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Ok for you people so in love with Jiggy, and needing to talk **** about Varlamov.

Jiggy has 5 wins 4 losses and 4 overtime losses, in his 13 games hes had 3 or more goals against 8 times, in his 8 games the team has collected points, he has let in 3 goals or more 7 of those games.

In his 5 wins? Jiggy has let in 3 goals or more 4 of 5....

See a pattern there? The team has for whatever reason decided to give Jiggy more room for error.

Now for Varlamov, in his 10 wins he let in 3 goals THREE FREAKING TIMES, how many games has he let in 3 goals and we lost? 8 times, we have lost when he let in 3 goals. How many times have we won with 3 goals against for Varly? ONCE...

That's how much fn support Varly has gotten from this team.

Varly's first 10 games of the season? 25 goals against, that's a goals against of 2.50. How many games did we win? THREE of his first 10 starts...

Anyone can see that this teams defense and coaching has burnt Varly the ******* out.

In order for Varly to have won the 10 games that he has, he had to put up a 1.70 goals against average. SEVEN of Varly's 10 wins came with 2 goals against or less, and that includes 3 shutouts, and two games with 1 goal against.

How long it took to get all those stats???

I've watched every game the Avs played this season and i KNOW he has played bad this year. Had a good start to the season, had some very very good games but faded down the road. Those are facts.

I expect him to rebounds next season. But THIS YEAR was not a good one for him, sorry.

BTW, of his 10 wins he got 4 or more goals support on 5 ocasions.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Ah screw the tank, I'm glad we ***** slapped the Blues tonight. Love beating this team.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
How long it took to get all those stats???

I've watched every game the Avs played this season and i KNOW he has played bad this year. Had a good start to the season, had some very very good games but faded down the road. Those are facts.

I expect him to rebounds next season. But THIS YEAR was not a good one for him, sorry.

BTW, of his 10 wins he got 4 or more goals support on 5 ocasions.

About 5 minutes looking at the game logs.

On another note, ****yeah it's nice beating the Blues. Chicago and STL are going to be serious rivalries going forward.

Maybe Minnesota will let us be the deciding game as to if they make the play-offs or not. I would love to stop them from making it and start a rivalry there as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
We should all enjoy this win as it will be the last win we get all year. Every time we play a good game, we follow it up with about 5 terrible games. So have no fear about losing our drafting position we will still get a top 3 pick.

As for this game it really just pissed me off. It just shows how good we can be when we actually act like we give a crap. We put of 5 goals against one of the best defensive teams in the league. And we could have easily had 7.

I don't what gets into this team when Giggy plays but we clearly play a better game when he is net. If we had played this way when Varly was going out in the earlier part of this year and pretty much keeping us in games single-handedly we would be fighting for a playoff spot not worst team in the league.

The only thing I notice that is different when Giggy plays compared to Varly is puck playing ability, Giggy looks to move the puck and is decent at it and Varly likes to freeze it and when he plays it, it looks like he is playing with a grenade. Maybe this keeps the flow of the game going when Giggy is in net and stalls the game when Varly is in net, I don't know but what ever it is we seems to be able to score the puck when Giggy is out there and vise versa when Varly is out there.

Oh well I guess it really doesn't matter at this point, as the season is almost over. The only thing that matters now is what position we end up drafting. And what changes are going to be made going into next year.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
We should all enjoy this win as it will be the last win we get all year. Every time we play a good game, we follow it up with about 5 terrible games. So have no fear about losing our drafting position we will still get a top 3 pick.

As for this game it really just pissed me off. It just shows how good we can be when we actually act like we give a crap. We put of 5 goals against one of the best defensive teams in the league. And we could have easily had 7.

I don't what gets into this team when Giggy plays but we clearly play a better game when he is net. If we had played this way when Varly was going out in the earlier part of this year and pretty much keeping us in games single-handedly we would be fighting for a playoff spot not worst team in the league.

The only thing I notice that is different when Giggy plays compared to Varly is puck playing ability, Giggy looks to move the puck and is decent at it and Varly likes to freeze it and when he plays it, it looks like he is playing with a grenade. Maybe this keeps the flow of the game going when Giggy is in net and stalls the game when Varly is in net, I don't know but what ever it is we seems to be able to score the puck when Giggy is out there and vise versa when Varly is out there.

Oh well I guess it really doesn't matter at this point, as the season is almost over. The only thing that matters now is what position we end up drafting. And what changes are going to be made going into next year.

I dono, I've seen Varly sling a nice pass up the ice to get a chance (ie to Stastny against Vancouver, setting up a McGinn goal)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Always feels good to beat the blues. Nice to see Shatty score will always like that guy. Duchene scored such a sick goal I mean dat shot. Mitchell really weighing that line down I mean ffs put Olver up there or something. Nice to see Ginner get 2 goals. I thought Stastny played one of his better games in a long time. he seemd engaged all over the ice. Perhaps trying to impress the STL brass who knows :)

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I dono, I've seen Varly sling a nice pass up the ice to get a chance (ie to Stastny against Vancouver, setting up a McGinn goal)

Yeah every once in awhile Varly pulls one out of his butt, but for the most part he looks timid and afraid to play the puck.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Always feels good to beat the blues. Nice to see Shatty score will always like that guy. Duchene scored such a sick goal I mean dat shot. Mitchell really weighing that line down I mean ffs put Olver up there or something. Nice to see Ginner get 2 goals. I thought Stastny played one of his better games in a long time. he seemd engaged all over the ice. Perhaps trying to impress the STL brass who knows :)

Mitchell is killing that line. Mitchell can't pass the puck, he is such a puck hog. PAP and Duchene really need someone that can think fast and play fast like them. When you put someone like Mitchell who can't make quick decisions out there it just kills the chemistry those two have and just mucks up the line.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Mitchell is killing that line. Mitchell can't pass the puck, he is such a puck hog. PAP and Duchene really need someone that can think fast and play fast like them. When you put someone like Mitchell who can't make quick decisions out there it just kills the chemistry those two have and just mucks up the line.

Mackinnon/Drouin/Lindholm

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Just got back home (that 5-0 post came from my iPhone on the light rail train).

Atmosphere was actually good but with all the Military stuff going on it was bound to be (lotsa standing ovations for military members, etc..) As an aside, I kinda wish the team would go full on camo uniforms for this game instead of just practice jerseys during warmups. Sorta like what the Padres do.

Game itself was chippy as hell.

Thought Dutchy and Staz had real good games but Staz seemed slower than usual. Maybe the foot is still iffy.

BS penalty on ROR in the third. And I coulda sworn Elliot got the goal instead of McLeod.

But hey, a win is a win. I had fun, especially with the sourpuss Blues fans sitting next to and behind us. Plus those mini donuts on the concourse are money ;)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yeah every once in awhile Varly pulls one out of his butt, but for the most part he looks timid and afraid to play the puck.

Agreed. Varlamov could save himself alot of trouble...or perhaps put him in more if he played the puck more often instead of freezing it. I thought at first he was just getting used to the arena but that doesnt seem to be the case.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Friendly rivalry with Stewart maybe?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just got back home (that 5-0 post came from my iPhone on the light rail train).

Atmosphere was actually good but with all the Military stuff going on it was bound to be (lotsa standing ovations for military members, etc..) As an aside, I kinda wish the team would go full on camo uniforms for this game instead of just practice jerseys during warmups. Sorta like what the Padres do.

Game itself was chippy as hell.

Thought Dutchy and Staz had real good games but Staz seemed slower than usual. Maybe the foot is still iffy.

BS penalty on ROR in the third. And I coulda sworn Elliot got the goal instead of McLeod.

But hey, a win is a win. I had fun, especially with the sourpuss Blues fans sitting next to and behind us. Plus those mini donuts on the concourse are money ;)

As much as I like seeing Mcleod score I think they need to re look at that because from all the angles I saw it was Elliotts goal Mcleod didnt touch it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Glad we won tonight for team morale, but holy crap is it a tight race for the bottom. Only two points separate 29th-26th with everyone with 45 of 48 GP. :amazed:

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Good ole Chuck has plenty of time playing with Stastny so its no wonder the two play well together.

I was disappointed no Hejduk. Was hoping he'd be out there just incase he gets hurt again before next week.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm still wondering why they haven't changed the McLeod goal to Elliott? Wasn't it decided here that Cody didn't touch it?

(I just got back from my hockey game so I missed the 2nd period on)

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
The boost that Barrie and Elliot gives to our offense sure gives me hope for the future.

The sting of trading Shatty should hopefully make it obvious not to move either of these guys any time soon. The EJ trade was hard to swallow and I'm not sold on Sherman's competence as a GM but I'm sure he's satisfied to some extent w/ Barrie and Elliott's play this season as justification for that move.

...its clear by beating the likes of the Hawks, Blues and Canucks this season that the Avs have the talent to compete. I sure hope any near term changes don't come at the expense of any of our top prospects....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad