GDT: Blues @ Avalanche| Round 1, Game 1|So It Begins|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachary Hines

May 16, 2021
I watched 3rd period only, but our dmen are really bad under pressure. Bad passes, cant carry the puck up, just flip puck in the middle of ice.

Walman was guy who could being puck up by himself.

Not gonna say, not gonna say. We miss Pietro's transition game, grips passes, puck possession.

But yeah let's enjoy these 4 games what we have. Maybe this will wake up Army. Is this d-core good enough.
If we are that bad a D maybe we should not protect krug in the expansion draft then go after dougie hamliton in the off season?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
If we are that bad a D maybe we should not protect krug in the expansion draft then go after dougie hamliton in the off season?
I'd be genuinely stunned if we were willing to pay Hamilton's asking price after we weren't willing to meet Petro's. Hamilton is going to be demanding the same NMC/bonus structure Petro was and the money won't be much (if any) less than Petro's deal. Signing Hamilton would also make it difficult to re-sign Parayko, which opens up another host of issues.

I love Hamilton as a player though. There would certainly be worse ways to spend the money he is going to get.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

I think our problem is puck breakouts / clearing the zone.

The team is too slow in it's transitions and we don't make good use of the high flip outs.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
With something around 1 minute left, Schwartz was behind the defense in the slot. He needs to put the puck on goal. Instead he tried to center it, and it caused a breakout the other way.
This is just what Schwartz does, though it's not entire him, he is notorious for it. The pass to no one in the slot is his go-to move. Either his linemates need to start picking that up, or he needs to learn better.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
Something I noticed last night was a few Blues players going for some big hits into the boards they would just get rolled off by the avalanche players. I think it was one of the things that lead to helping their breakout and getting numbers in our zone and probably had something to do with how tired the legs got in the third

Reactions: mk80 and TK 421

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
I mean...blame officiating all you want I guess, but the Blues were pretty badly outplayed at 5-on-5 for large stretches of the game.

Yes they were outplayed, and yes the REFalance did get favorable treatment. I don't have to like it and I do get to point at it. Maybe try not to put your fellow Blues fans in what you deem is their place?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Something I noticed last night was a few Blues players going for some big hits into the boards they would just get rolled off by the avalanche players. I think it was one of the things that lead to helping their breakout and getting numbers in our zone and probably had something to do with how tired the legs got in the third
I noticed something similar but I don’t think it was Avs players rolling off them, I noticed that two of our guys would go to hit the same player. Happened a few times.

I support being physical but we gotta stay in better position.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Yes they were outplayed, and yes the REFalance did get favorable treatment. I don't have to like it and I do get to point at it. Maybe try not to put your fellow Blues fans in what you deem is their place?
I'm not trying to "put anyone in their place". I used your comment as an example of this weird narrative on this board that has been going on all year that the Avs get protected and only succeed on the PP when in reality they are an insane team 5-on-5. If you want to blame officiating and call them that, go for it. A not-insignificant amount of this board seems to agree. But me commenting on it doesn't mean I'm trying to police the place just because I disagree.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
I noticed something similar but I don’t think it was Avs players rolling off them, I noticed that two of our guys would go to hit the same player. Happened a few times.

Yeah exactly. Chasing hits is not going help the team if it's pulling our guys out of the play or if the Avs are still getting the puck out as clean as they've been doing

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.

I noticed this as well. I like the physical play, but giving them an odd man rush because multiple guys are out of position isn’t a smart move.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'm not trying to "put anyone in their place". I used your comment as an example of this weird narrative on this board that has been going on all year that the Avs get protected and only succeed on the PP when in reality they are an insane team 5-on-5. If you want to blame officiating and call them that, go for it. A not-insignificant amount of this board seems to agree. But me commenting on it doesn't mean I'm trying to police the place just because I disagree.
In 2019 it was "Ref Jose". This year it's the "Refalanche". Every fanbase thinks the opposition gets preferential treatment. It is what it is.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Blaming the Refs before the series even starts is all bluster with a built in excuse. When you are making excuses for why your prediction is wrong before the game even takes place, its BS. "Oh my team will definitely win big...unless we get screwed over by the refs." So now, you can never be wrong. If your team loses, its the refs - even if it wasn't. If they win, you are a genius. Total win-win.

We have the king of Bluster on this board and a bunch of people who latch on to it because it fits their predetermined narrative that Blues management can do no wrong. They all know Colorado is and should be the favorite. They are just fooling themselves with this crap. Frankly its embarrassing as a Blues fan, and intolerable to read.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad