Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
cut.jpg

Game 1 at Ball Arena in Denver, CO
9 p.m. CT; NBCSN, SN1, BSMW
Series 0-0

:blues
** I will post the lineup when it is available. I have pulled JR's projected lineup from The Athletic in the meantime. Perron is almost certainly out.**

Schwartz-ROR-Schenn
Barbashev-Bozak-Tarasenko
Hoffman-Thomas-Kyrou
Clifford-Sanford-Blais

Krug-Faulk
Scandella-Parayko
Mikkola-Bortuzzo

Binnington

VS.
:avs

Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
Burakovsky-Kadri-Donskoi
Saad-Jost-Nichushkin
Newhook-Bellemare-Compher

Toews-Makar
Graves-Girard
Nemeth-Timmins

Grubauer

A 2nd Cup in 3 years? More playoff disappointment? Something in between? It's all on the table, and it starts tonight! Go Blues!

200.gif

Last edited:

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
we're coming... with positive covid tests. Super spreaders.

LGB! Steal tonights game.

3rd line is my difference maker tonight. Top two lines will have their hands full.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
No DP57 means we are handicapped.

Oh well...as others have alluded to, when the Avs lose a player or two to COVID the league will postpone the games. The Blues don't have that clout. We aren't the chosen ones in the league's PR machine.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
I have nothing against the team or even the fans of the Avalanche but man there was a grand total of 00:00:00 NHL game time played this season and the Altitude team was covering why they are winning the cup for 20 minutes and it bugged me lol. They went on to lose that game and boy the excuses were aplenty.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
No DP57 means we are handicapped.

Oh well...as others have alluded to, when the Avs lose a player or two to COVID the league will postpone the games. The Blues don't have that clout. We aren't the chosen ones in the league's PR machine.
Idk about the bolded. I was informed by the main boards that the league rigged our series against Boston

Reactions: Ridge1982

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I have nothing against the team or even the fans of the Avalanche but man there was a grand total of 00:00:00 NHL game time played this season and the Altitude team was covering why they are winning the cup for 20 minutes and it bugged me lol. They went on to lose that game and boy the excuses were aplenty.
That former AHL player with the mega mullet and the tacky suits cracks me up. I've been clown pilled. Gotta laugh at these people.

Honestly, I'd rather see anyone other than the Knights touch the Cup. If the Avs get it, I'll be okay. Well deserved.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
There's no day quite like the first day of playoffs. I don't like the weirdly slow start of the playoffs this year and I really dislike starting the playoffs on the weekend. While I watched several hours of hockey this weekend, it didn't feel quite right. With the Blues opening tonight, I'm treating today like the first day of playoffs.

Canadian beers in the cooler, a bunch of terrible-for-me snacks in the fridge and I'll be on my couch with some vaccinated friends from 6 until the end of our game. The playoffs bring a clean slate for every team and are where rivalries are born. I'm exceptionally happy that we're playing a team who will be in out division moving forward and I can't wait for some real hate to brew between these teams. We've had a fun/nice rivalry with the Avs and the playoffs are where true hatred begins.

The Avs are a damn good team and smart money is on them. But smart money is far from a guarantee and our core is absolutely capable of an upset. Today is the day where all the stats/arguments/logic/opinions/gut-feelings go out the window and we get to do nothing but cheer for the Blues. Best day of the year (unless you're the team that hosts a parade...)

Let's Go Blues!

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Thinking of putting down some cash on the Blues. Don't think they'll be swept, and believe they can pull out a game or two. Any wins would likely be 1-goal wins, possibly in overtime. I can get "Blues win by 1" at +450.

That seems likely to hit once or twice.

Reactions: mk80 and The Note

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Hopefully a healthy and rested Tarasenko can provide the spark we need if Perron is out. Be a hero, Vladi!

I was also wondering if we'd see Kostin, though I guess not sure who they would take out (Clifford I guess). He did just go through the khl playoffs so the intensity shouldn't be a problem for him. I know it would be a risk but I wonder if we'll see Klim before the series is over.

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Without DP we are farked.

Let's see if we can make this at least a 6 game series and not get swept.

Gotta play smart AND physical.

Reactions: execwrite1

Mar 6, 2012
I always thought this was a total longshot and I'm feeling worse and worse about our chances as time goes on.

This has been a weird, frustrating and hard-to-watch season full of insane non-stop injuries, frustrating play and goofy scheduling crap... not to mention the total kick-in-the-nuts of losing our first ever Stanley Cup winning captain in the off season for nothing.

Maybe they can turn it around and salvage something from this disappointing mess of a season, but my hopes are low.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Ever since 2018 or so I have been wanting to avoid the Avs in playoffs, we have been able to do so to this point (Thanks San Jose in 2019). But we're here and sure the Avs are scary, but the Blues if they play their A game can beat them. Outside of the 8-0 loss we played them to tight one goal games all year, without our full roster, or best play.

Here we are again, without Perron and Dunn, and Sundqvist. But I believe we can play well enough to win the series! Let's get it started tonight with a Game 1 win! Let's Go Blues!

:blues

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Thinking of putting down some cash on the Blues. Don't think they'll be swept, and believe they can pull out a game or two. Any wins would likely be 1-goal wins, possibly in overtime. I can get "Blues win by 1" at +450.

That seems likely to hit once or twice.
I see it more like the boston series... when the blues win, it's mostly close games.. when they lose, they LOSE

Reactions: mk80

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
and the 2 top lines better hound the puck like crazy

don't think it needs to be said that the Blues HAVE to stay out of the penalty box.. ugh

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
TONIGHTS OFFICIALS FOR BLUES VS REFLANCHE

Francis Charron #6
Jon Mclsaac #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad