GDT: Blues @ Avalanche - 9PM - NHLN(JIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Really unfortunate for the Blues. Hopefully Nate gets the MVP, though a lot of local/Eastern media have granted it to Hall already (and with good reason, he's played quite well). Really rooting for the Avs to keep on the run though.

And to think we could have had the 'skog if we had kept tanking with Elliott in nets...ugh.

Reactions: cgf

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
congratulations avs fans

and blues why you keep trading players i wouldn't understand

Truthfully, the Blues were never gonna make a run at the Cup this year anyway. Credit to Armstrong for realizing that. And, with all due respect to St. Louis, their presence in the playoffs would've been a waste of people's time. As a neutral I'd much rather see MacK, Landeskog, and Rantanen playing than a ravaged St. Louis team. Nashville will probably win without much difficulty but at least the games will be more fun than most of the St. Louis-Nashville games were last postseason.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
And looks like the Good guys will win. Out with the evil!!!!! WOWOWOHOHOHHOH!OHO!HO!HO!H!!!

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Duchene in his living room right now.

127.gif
and ROR

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Congrats Avs and their fans. Nobody gave your team a chance in October with all the Duchene mess going on. Good luck in the playoffs.

Losing Tank in this game didn't help St. Louis and being sellers at the deadline would have made me a very unhappy fan.

Reactions: cgf and MacBradley

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
They had a go with Miller in 2014 and gave up Halak to do it and while Halak has never been a top goalie by any means and has since declined, I really never understood that one. Ryan Miller was past his prime by that time as well.

Yeah there was Halak in there too. The Blues need a true #1 goalie more than they need a real #1C for Tarasenko.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The teams that picked first and second in the draft along with the team that finished dead last in the league last year all made the playoffs this year.
Also - teams that picked 1, 2, 4, and 6 all made it. 7 teams that did not make the playoffs last year made it this year (almost half the field).

Reactions: Deathstroke

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
No im not. That's the exact moment when Barries pushes the puck forward. I rolled the clip over multiple times and paused it at the right frame. Keep in mind zoomed in it looks a bit different than from the live clips due to blur. It actually does look like there's some white if you zoom it out, but zoomed in it's too close to say. And this is what the refs had to make the call with.

If you have a better one feel free to link.

...and that is why giving the team who keeps the goal a PP so silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad