GDT: Blues @ Avalanche - 9PM - NHLN(JIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Go St Louis

Screw Colorado

And then I hope St Louis beats Nashville 4-0 and then loses 4-0 next round

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Playoff scenarios:

Colorado needs a regulation win to make the playoffs.
St. Louis only needs to force overtime. Winning the game would just be a bonus past that point.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
MacKinnon line vs Bortuzzo/Butler pairing is a troubling thought.
Allen starting is also troubling.
This is probably 50/50 since Blues only need to get to OT.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Is this where I, a fan of the #1 seeded team, talk about who he hopes wins only to end up regretting it when the first round is tougher than expected against said ideal opponent?

I don't think you'd need to be concerned about Nashville struggling against either of these teams in the playoffs.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't think you'd need to be concerned about Nashville struggling against either of these teams in the playoffs.

Agreed.

Even as an Avs fan I'm fully expecting us to get swept(Maaaybe steal a game at home) if we manage to squeak in.

If we were healthy, I think that conversation would be a lot more different. But we're missing our #1D and #1G, and the rumors that a number of guys are playing through things right now as well.

Hard to do much damage without a 1D or 1G when you're a young team like the Avs that has extremely young depth supporting those elite players.

Reactions: Heath

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I fully expect this to be an Avs blowout. Blues played last night and most importantly they are starting head case Allen.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 8.42.53 AM.png
Is jake Allen starting?

Yep.

GoBluz24

Established 1967
Apr 8, 2012
so ill near st lou
The Blues better have at least a 2 goal lead going into the 3rd if they want to get to OT. I feel with the b2b, travel, and the high altitude, the Blues will be running on fumes in the 3rd and barely hanging on.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
That's what people said about Ottawa last year and look what and where a little bit of puck luck and the favorite playing terrible hockey gets you.
No series is easy in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThirdManIn

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
That's what people said about Ottawa last year and luck what and where a little bit of puck lock and the favorite playing terrible hockey gets you.
No series is easy in the playoffs.

Yeah I seem to remember a team with a questionable goalie who was closer to being done than being a hero squeaking into the playoffs last year and going a round or two (or four).

Reactions: myFialabot

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Huge game... can't imagine how MacKinnon is feeling about it. A win and good showing mean playoff and probably his first Hart trophy.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Colorado has not fared well against teams coming off a back to back this season. The Avs are often inconsistent in their starts and effort, so it could be an issue again tonight.

I expect Allen to play very well for the Blues and I would lean toward the Blues winning.

The Avs seem tired and the MacKinnon-Rantanen- Landeskog line has gone cold the last couple of weeks, not just in terms of points, but they are simply not creating chances like they were for a long stretch this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad