GDT: Blues at Leafs - Tuesday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-02-12-10-22-53~2.png

Blues are coming off a 7-2 win over Montreal and are in the thick of the wildcard race out west. Leafs will be without Rielly and that could be huge. Thomas and Kyrou are hot and will be a problem. Need Sammy to have a big game and the core 4 to do their thing. Tough game to call I can see it going either way depending on how the D looks.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
View attachment 818363

Blues are coming off a 7-2 win over Montreal and are in the thick of the wildcard race out west. Leafs will be without Rielly and that could be huge. Thomas and Kyrou are hot and will be a problem. Need Sammy to have a big game and the core 4 to do their thing. Tough game to call I can see it going either way depending on how the D looks.
Looking back, I can't believe Hunter took Lily when Thomas from his Knights was there at #17.

Binner's numbers look great.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I don’t think this team understands it’s in a fight for the wildcard. Need to do better at finishing and forwards have to drop back for defencemen, there’s no Rielly back there able to stretch it out to the redline

Would that be the worst group of 6 currently in the NHL?

Very close if not.
Chicago says hi

It’s definitely bottom 5, almost every player is playing one pairing too high, Brodie 2 too high

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Need a huge response game here

Team needs to show they took Riellys action to heart and wont let his sacrifice (5-6 games + his earnings) go to waste.

Use that to spark a run for the rest of the year.

Smart plays, no unforced turnovers, support our goalie and d-man. The stars have to produce the next 5-6 games.

Go leafs go. 5-2 win leafs

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Another loss incoming.

Our Leafs should just forfeit every game that Rielly is suspended. Might as well reduce MLSE revenue stream thus reducing the profit sharing owed to the CORRUPT NHL.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Another loss incoming.

Our Leafs should just forfeit every game that Rielly is suspended. Might as well reduce MLSE revenue stream thus reducing the profit sharing owed to the CORRUPT NHL.
They were 12-2-1 last year when Rielly was out. Very hard to believe they can repeat with this group of 6.

Last edited:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
They were 14-2-1 last year when Rielly was out. Very hard to believe they can repeat with this group of 6.
They will be fine. They also tend to bounce back after a bad game, and Keefe seems to get them to win any time the whispers start about him being fired.

• Wow
Reactions: PromisedLand

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I think that is exaggerated. The defensive core as a unit is not that bad... HOWEVER, pair that with what might be the most inept group of defensive forwards, and you do have a significant problem.
In terms of “name brand“ at this point l I’d have sharks, Blackhawks, Montreal, maybe Washington.

So yea without Rielly I think it’s bottom 5 name wise, but in terms of actual play we should be much better.

I definitely agree with the forwards part, whether it’s supporting the defencemen or getting the puck out or stopping the puck in the nz our forwards has been pretty bad at that. Even someone like Matthews will make a pizza up the middle to an opponent once every couple games

The forwards need to support the dman much better, especially with Rielly out there’s no reliable stretch pass, if the players can drop back lower and actually be smarter with the puck in our zone we should be able to survive without Rielly, and hopefully we can keep that up once he returns

Seeing how it’s been 50 games though, my hopes aren’t high

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Woll might be back

Woll’s from St. Louis is he not? It would be a great game for him to finally return form injury if he’s ready and healthy to go.

Jones was huge for us when Sammy was in the dumps but he’s quietly become very bad over the last couple of months. The regression looks real and permanent.

Reactions: arso40

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
It's too bad Jones had a bad game his last start because with Woll getting healthy and Samsonov improving he might not get a start for a while. Until another injury maybe. Jones has been average after his initial good run in the California trip.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Blues are 14-2 @ the ACC/SBA all time.

As far as I can remember, the Blues always come to Toronto fully loaded with Ontario guys. Oates, Stevens, Shanahan, Joseph, Pronger, Gretzky, Corson, Pietrangelo, Binnington, O’Reilly, Thomas, Kyrou whatever. Doesn’t matter the decade they’re all from here and they’ll lay waste to the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad