GDT: Blues at Flames: January 9th

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm ok with losing when the games are close.. But 5-0? 6-0? Can't store any ****ing goals? C'mon!!

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
We've sure been a much better team since we sent Sven down lol, hell, I'm one of the guys who wanted him in the AHL, but jesus, it seems like none of the vets feel their spot is challenged by younger players now. I almost think we should call him back up for a few games, get one or two others two, and start giving some big time healthy scratches for a couple of games

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Blues fan here.

I'm rooting for the Calgary rebuild. I do have to say, I have more admiration for your team and players, despite the struggles, than Edmonton. There still show heart and effort....its just not good enough right now. But I believe there's a foundation in that. Edmonton.....I just don't know how they change that culture.

Also, kudos on the many beautiful women at the game. It was striking on the FSMW telecast tonight. If you're looking for a bright side, that's not a bad one.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Blues fan here.

I'm rooting for the Calgary rebuild. I do have to say, I have more admiration for your team and players, despite the struggles, than Edmonton. There still show heart and effort....its just not good enough right now. But I believe there's a foundation in that. Edmonton.....I just don't know how they change that culture.

Also, kudos on the many beautiful women at the game. It was striking on the FSMW telecast tonight. If you're looking for a bright side, that's not a bad one.

Guys, he has a point.

I love this team.

TylerSVT*

Thank God I didn't watch this game. This is just getting ugly.

Well, at least we'll get a high pick this year...

Knowing our luck this team will trade away the vets, go on a tear and end up drafting 7th or some bullcrap.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
Its tough to lose this way, scoring 0 goals... but the Blues are a really good team, so whaddaya do. Hopefully this isn't setting back the rebuild due to depleting trade values of some of our mid-range vets (I'm looking at you, Stempniak)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Blues fan here.

At the start of the year, our now long gone GM made mention that this team wasn't going to win a lot of games, but it was important how they responded and how they got back up.

I like this Calgary team for its effort night in/out. Anyone who had a head screwed on straight knew for a fact that this team was going to be one of the bottom dwellers in this league, even after a quick start that gave some hope. As long as we see effort, we cannot complain; Calgary has easily the worst team on paper/ice one most nights.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
It's probably better than Sven is down so he doesn't have to be apart of this. The worst part is I can't see it getting all that much better. We just do not possess the talent and it's gonna get worse when we start to ship bodies off towards the deadline.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
At the start of the year, our now long gone GM made mention that this team wasn't going to win a lot of games, but it was important how they responded and how they got back up.

I like this Calgary team for its effort night in/out. Anyone who had a head screwed on straight knew for a fact that this team was going to be one of the bottom dwellers in this league, even after a quick start that gave some hope. As long as we see effort, we cannot complain; Calgary has easily the worst team on paper/ice one most nights.

Maybe we were seeing this 10-20 games ago, but what are you talking about? The only one who looks like he cares is Seanahan.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
I can't say I'm sorry I missed this one. One positive I noticed from looking at the box score is that Gio had 27 minutes of ice time and an even plus minus. Butler as well with 23 minutes and even.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Maybe we were seeing this 10-20 games ago, but what are you talking about? The only one who looks like he cares is Seanahan.

Can't say I agree at all. Lots of players look engaged and lots of effort is evident in our play. Hell, you even admitted to not having watched this game!

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
They may have lost in goals, but they won in shots, and at the end of the day, isn't that all that matters? Also, is Granlund still with the team and if so, why has he not played yet?

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Can't say I agree at all. Lots of players look engaged and lots of effort is evident in our play. Hell, you even admitted to not having watched this game!

Okay, that's true. I just haven't seen the effort out of the Flames as of late as we did near the start of the season. Maybe the reality of the rebuild is sort of beginning to set in on the veterans?

Still some good effort from a few players, though.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I am not happy with the music played at the Saddledome. Especially in the pre game warm up. I propose this trade:

To Anaheim. 2 Really hot ushers, 3rd round draft pick, Chris Butler, our current music guy

To Calgary. Mix Master Mike

JulianHopper*

Flames Get Shutout Again 5-0

Was definitely a tough loss and game to watch. Really not much you can say other than this game is a turning point in the rebuild here.

I don't see how there isn't a big trade coming soon and even a coaching change.

Maybe give Martin Gelinas the interm head coaching job until a new GM is hired.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
At this point, why not start icing a bunch of AHL guys to give them some experience. We're not encouraging a tank. We've been shut out 5 out of 7 games so it's not like the rookies would do any worse.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What do people believe firing the coach will achieve? We have a grand total of ONE legit top 6 forward on our roster. It's a rebuild, it's painful to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad