GDT: Blues at Flames: January 9th

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Blues fan here,

QUestion about your rink...

Is there a net behind your goalies to protect fans above the glass? I do not see it at all if there is one.

BigB

We Want Big Macs!
Nov 25, 2011
USA
Of course there is.

I assume there is, it just blends in well and not an eyesore like some rinks. Thanks. Wish all would have it blend in better and not be so glaringly obvious. I am assuming it is black netting and my TV just isn't picking it up.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Even when we do good things, the puck doesn't show any willingness to go to the net. I think we should bench the pucks for next game.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Ending the night with this. This is how I feel about watching the Flames now.

OrwbepS.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm sick of inactivity. Fresh blood in the lineup can invigorate a team stuck in a rut. Burke should be made aware of this.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Meh.. Not surprising against Halak and the Blues. Just came at the wrong time.

I blame Kerr and Simmer saying a game or two before our first shut out of the season "the Flames have not been in any shut out games!"

TylerSVT*

This team is beyond bad.

Your Welcome St. Louis, enjoy your free Olympian.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
had good seats tonight for one of the worst Flames performances I have seen. Good thing they were free tickets... at least i ate a damn malt.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
As I alluded to earlier, Burke needs to inject some energy into the team immediately. Three ways of doing that: a) he can fire the coach b) make a trade or c) call up somebody from the Heat.

Firing the coach won't do anything since the problem is very clearly a lack of talent. Making a trade would be the best option but good deals take time and it's never a good idea to make a substantial move when the team's losing. Plus Burke already trade making a minor deal in Westgarth and that did pretty much nothing. So that basically leaves calling up somebody from the Heat; again, not really the best option since they too are struggling at the moment. But something needs to give and this is by far the easiest thing to do; call up one or two of Reinhart, Knight, or Hanowski and see if they can inject some life into the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad