GDT: Blues at Flames: January 9th

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That's debatable. I'd say Cammy and Hudler are legit top 6. Stajan is arguable.

I'll give you Hudler, Cammy is the one in had in mind. Stempniak, Stajan and Glencross are all 3rd liners on good teams.

Regardless, saying our coach is this teams problem is laughable.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I'll give you Hudler, Cammy is the one in had in mind. Stempniak, Stajan and Glencross are all 3rd liners on good teams.

Regardless, saying our coach is this teams problem is laughable.
This times 100.

Our roster is bad, completely lack talent. We can try as hard as we want but if we don't have the skill we won't compete. This type of season should of been expected. It's the first year into the rebuild of a team that was completely gutted less than a year ago.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
This times 100.

Our roster is bad, completely lack talent. We can try as hard as we want but if we don't have the skill we won't compete. This type of season should of been expected. It's the first year into the rebuild of a team that was completely gutted less than a year ago.
This type of season was expected, by everyone. Most don't mind the losses as long as the effort is there, and it was up until about mid-December. Now it's just painful to watch.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This type of season was expected, by everyone. Most don't mind the losses as long as the effort is there, and it was up until about mid-December. Now it's just painful to watch.

I've heard a lot about how people are okay with losses as long as there's effort, but it seems like the only time people recognize effort is when we win. We were competing tonnes last game. We outshot the Blues and you could argue that we generated as many quality chances as they did, but without the lethal finishes which win you hockey games (or score you goals, for that matter).

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I've heard a lot about how people are okay with losses as long as there's effort, but it seems like the only time people recognize effort is when we win. We were competing tonnes last game. We outshot the Blues and you could argue that we generated as many quality chances as they did, but without the lethal finishes which win you hockey games (or score you goals, for that matter).

The fired 33 shots in this game.
This team just has a dreadful lack of skill, finishers and overall talented players. Cammy is not an offensive catalyst, he's a sniper that finds open ice to finish; he doesn't create well and needs someone to feed him. The only other top 6 guy who can create is Jiri; but he's playing mostly with two kids who seem a bit out of their league now that the competition has hunkered down for the second half of the season leading to the playoffs. And of course, the Cammy - Backlund - Hudler line... gets tossed around by other top units.

Most Flames fans are blowing smoke about the okay with losses and overall rebuild. It's insane that the majority of us have been calling for it, for about 3-4 years... and now that it's finally here people complain about losing games and that we have to make trades to get all-star talent, etc... It's a process, it will be at least 2 more years until this team starts to make some good strides forward.

Let's go quietly into the night this season (let's play hard, but, let's face it, lose), get another top prospect... go from there.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I heard that in the Phoenix game, the Flames had 24 scoring chances and the Yotes had 23.

All you can ask of our coach this season is to motivate our players, be positive and get the guys to work hard. I think Hartley is doing all that.

Our roster is a bottom 2 roster in the league, it's not even debatable. Firing the coach at this point accomplishes nothing. This, and I think especially next season are going to be painful no matter who is coaching. I expect Hartley to be gone after next year.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
What do people believe firing the coach will achieve? We have a grand total of ONE legit top 6 forward on our roster. It's a rebuild, it's painful to watch.

Our problem isnt top 6, as I think we have 3 with Glencross healthy, its the fact that we have 0 top 3 players, that'll hurt a team struggling to score.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Our problem isnt top 6, as I think we have 3 with Glencross healthy, its the fact that we have 0 top 3 players, that'll hurt a team struggling to score.

Our problem is our top line, top 6, bottom 6 and our goaltending. We could also use a legit top pairing dman.

Glencross is also a tweener for being a legit top 6 player. On most top teams in the NHL, he's a third liner who can fill in the top 6 when needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad