Proposal: Blues and Tampa Bay

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Correct, Tampa can’t trade their 2nd or 1st in 2019
Couldn't they still trade the picks with the opposite conditions?

In other words, the deal with the Rangers involves their 2nd round pick, on the condition that if they win the cup this season that pick becomes the 1st rounder.

Couldn't they still trade their 1st round pick in another deal, on the condition that if they win the cup this season that pick becomes their 2nd rounder?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Deal as proposed in OP would completely gut TB.

I'd love to add Petro because Hedman-Stralman/McDonagh-Cernak/Petro-Coburn is absolutely outlandish, but the cost would just be too high, especially with Point needing a raise soon.

Moving Sergachev in the deal eliminates some future concern because you don't have to worry about whatever impending payday he has coming up, but between the asset cost and the cost of the actual contract, I don't see it really working.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
We wouldn’t give up Foote for Karlsson or McDonagh - we sure as hell aren’t giving up him AND Sergachev (plus all the other pieces) for Petro. Not to mention that Petro is currently on LTIR and it’s uncertain when he’ll return or how well he will play at that point, that his cap hit even with 50% retention would kill us next season when it comes to resigning Point, that we already have two #1Ds and are in zero need of another, that all of the other pieces you offered us are garbage and unneeded...I could go on and on but frankly I’ve got better things to do. YOUR PROPOSAL SUCKS - accept that fact and go away.

A little harsh, but I pretty much agree with you. Tampa does not need Petro, and Sanford+Schmaltz are fringe NHL'ers, not 'NHL ready prospects' imo.
A shame that rumored/speculated Shatty for Johnson trade never happened though. :D

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
TB cant take on a player like Petro without giving back some significant cap that there is no way the Blues would consider doing it. Would have to be something like Miller, Callahan, Palat/Johnson for Petro. Which would take away some significant depth that we have at the forward position. Give to get but I dont see why either team would do it.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I proposed almost the exact same thing for Karlsson to Tampa and was told it was not nearly enough going to Ottawa. Are Karlsson and Petro really that far apart in value?

Look at what Karlsson actually returned and then reevaluate the proposal you made.

Not to mention the fact that we neither need nor can afford Petro even at 50% retention, which makes any proposal superfluous.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

Another person who didn’t read the thread and apparently can’t do simple arithmetic. We’re in a cap crunch and you want us to add a massive amount of longterm cap while subtracting our top defensive prospect who offers invaluable cost-controlled ELC years?

It’s very simple people: we’re trading Miller for futures and either trading or buying out Callahan (if we don’t simply allow him to play out his contract); Foote is NOT for sale and we do NOT need or want Petro.

SC29681

Dec 28, 2016
Blues fans seem to think they have two RHD Parayko and Pietrangelo that instantly transform a team into true Cup contender, Has never done fulfilled the Blues Cup expectations. IMO, this "one player" that puts a team over the top just isn't true.

That depends on how close the receiving team is to the Cup.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I proposed almost the exact same thing for Karlsson to Tampa and was told it was not nearly enough going to Ottawa. Are Karlsson and Petro really that far apart in value?

...And then Karlsson got way, way, way less.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Our #1 dman and 2 good young players for............ a bunch of junk and a very late 1st rounder?

Keep your crap and we’ll keep our players - problem solved. This thread consists of Blues fans trying to force a trade on us that we have zero interest in.

Reactions: DFC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad