Confirmed with Link: Blues acquire Zbynek Michalek + Conditional 3rd for Maxim Letunov

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
FTW - I can't see them straying from the original Top 4 if everyone is healthy and able to provide slot-appropriate minutes.

I agree.

I like your new avatar, Mook! Jean Guy Talbot. The man who ended Scotty Bowman's hockey playing career, when he was with The Jr. Canadiens, by hitting him in the head with his stick! Scotty was the one who claimed Jean-Guy on waivers, because he wanted another feisty defenceman, and someone to speak French with Noel Picard. He didn't hold a grudge.

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I agree.

I like your new avatar, Mook! Jean Guy Talbot. The man who ended Scotty Bowman's hockey playing career, when he was with The Jr. Canadiens, by hitting him in the head with his stick! Scotty was the one who claimed Jewan-Guy on waivers, because he wanted another feisty defenceman, and someone to speak French with Noel Picard. He didn't hold a grudge.

I heard that story awhile back but had no idea if it was true or not. Something tells me JGT did Scotty a favor. No way he would have had the coaching career he had if he had continued playing. When Talbot was with the Blues, he lived behind my wife's family for a while. My brother-in-law was good friends with his son, Michel.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I don't think that it will happen, but I agree.

Me too. Gunnar also played well with Shattenkirk for the first half of the season, but he has stepped up his play in the defensive zone playing with Petro.

Ive always liked the idea of having Bouw, Shat, and Petro on different pairings at even strength.

Gunnar-Petro
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Bouw-Michalek

Let the 1st and 3rd pairings take the tough minutes, and get Shattenkirk out there vs the 3rd-4th lines.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Me too. Gunnar also played well with Shattenkirk for the first half of the season, but he has stepped up his play in the defensive zone playing with Petro.

Ive always liked the idea of having Bouw, Shat, and Petro on different pairings at even strength.

Gunnar-Petro
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Bouw-Michalek

Let the 1st and 3rd pairings take the tough minutes, and get Shattenkirk out there vs the 3rd-4th lines.

I like this set-up quite a bit. Give Shatty as many offensive zone starts as you can, then rotate the other two pairings as needed in the neutral and defensive zones. You can always put Jay-Bo back with AP at the end of games or in PK situations, but honestly, I think Gunnarsson is playing just as well as Jay-Bo at this point of the season.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

Gunnar-Petro
Jackman-Shattenkirk
Bouw-Michalek

That's what I was thinking as well. Jackman back with Shattenkirk isn't ideal, but they would be getting a lot of offensive zone starts.

I'd like to see how Lindbohm-Shattenkirk would work, which isn't going to happen. At least not this season.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would think that they'd go with:

Bouw-Petro
Gunnar-Shatty
Jax-Michalek

I would rather go with:

Code:
Gunnar - Pietro
Lindbohm - Shattery
Jbo - Michalek

Couple first games when Shattery is back

Code:
Gunnar - Pietro
Jbo - Michalek
Lindbohm - Shattery

But vet's comes first so we go:

Code:
Gunnar - Pietro
Jbo - Shattery
Jackman - Michalek

If we face Kings, Sharks, Jets 1st round, would rather go physical D's.

Code:
Gunnar - Pietro
Jbo - Shattery
Lindbohm - Bortuzzo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad