Confirmed with Link: Blues acquire Olli Jokinen for Lindström & Conditional 6th

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
None of them, with the exception of Reaves could beat up Seabrook (Jackman would be a good match) and we know Seabrook is not going to agree to fight Reaves. Anyway Bollig wouldn't allow it and Reaves wouldn't disrespect the code. But with Stewy, Seabrook would have no choice (skilled player vs. skilled player). He would have to 'man up' or he would lose respect and be called a 'punk'.

Whoever said "there's no fights in the playoffs". That's false, there are many playoff games with fights and they can sway momentum in a series.
Who said no? I said rarely.

As you even said, Seabrook can literally skate off and ignore Stewart. Then what.....Stewart goes after him and gets a roughing penalty, then the Blues get lit up on the ensuing PP? Yea.....awesome game plan.

Here's a different strategy, although your enraged, you control your emotions and take it to them on the PP. In the end, it didn't matter since the Blues were swept after that game, but that hit lead to a PP and a small breakdown with the Hawks and the Blues took the game in OT. Teams are not going to care about "avoiding the wrath" of Chris Stewart.

Captain America*

I like Jokinen over Lindstrom.

But I would rather have Stewart over Jokinen and probably so would the Blues players.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
F4gpTKJ.png

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I like Jokinen over Lindstrom.

But I would rather have Stewart over Jokinen and probably so would the Blues players.

Maybe.
Stewart was well liked in the room because of the time he spent here, but Jokinen has a reputation for being a great lockerroom guy. He's hilarious and hard working. Stewart already had a number of close friends on the tam which sways things his direction; but I don't think it will take long for Jokinen to endear himself to the team. And it's not like he doesn't know anybody here. He's played with Bouwmeester for a LONG time in Florida and Calgary and spent a few seasons with Butler and Michalek. I don't think it will take long for Jokinen to integrate himself into the team.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I'm not one to get into the whole discussion about how the locker room works, but if Olli doesn't fit in, I don't know what to say. The dude is a gem.

Edit: Also, I thought 13 was off limits?

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012

Daaaamn! Samuel L Jackson image is STRONG! Well done sir. Ummmm Chris Stewart like i said before... NO! Playoffs are almost here and i am not sure the Blues should be running a family reunion. Stewart tempts b/c he has talent and he can fight but we been down this road guys. The team could get a bump from him coming back and having something to prove but he would have had to go 100% on every shift and he has yt to show that anywhere.Why do you think the Lanche would let a 30 goal scorer go anyways? He was the prize for Johnson not Shatty at the time. Buffalo has been trying to trade him since they acquired him. Some guys are dedicated and some are not. I would have preferred Jokinen anyway despite the age and talent gap to be honest. Minnesota gave up two # 2's i believe, they will regret that but i get the attraction. Tough guys with good hands are hard to find.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Jokinen was acquired mainly as insurance against a few forwards injuries, so that The Blues won't have to play inexperienced rookies, like Rattie in the playoffs. If all goes well, we shouldn't see Olli play more than a couple games, perhaps to rest a player or two. He's slowed down over the last couple years, and become less effective than almost all The Blues' current forwards. So, I hope they don't need to play him much. He'll get some playing time during the final run, to make sure he's not terribly "rusty" going into the playoffs.

Last edited:

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
Wonder how many times he gets thrown around the lineup in his first game.

I was wondering the same thing. I don't expect to see him in the lineup much, but I thought when we did that it would be somewhere in the top 9. I don't see him fitting on the 4th line (not that I really see him fitting particularly well in the top 9, either). I'm admittedly ignorant to his play though, as I've never particularly focused on Olli. So I could be completely off base. We'll see how it goes though.

Captain America*

I was wondering the same thing. I don't expect to see him in the lineup much, but I thought when we did that it would be somewhere in the top 9. I don't see him fitting on the 4th line (not that I really see him fitting particularly well in the top 9, either). I'm admittedly ignorant to his play though, as I've never particularly focused on Olli. So I could be completely off base. We'll see how it goes though.

I wanted the Blues to acquire Jokinen about 10 years ago.

He still is an upgrade over Lindstrom though.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
This is Jokinen's 17th NHL season, and he has only played in 6 playoff games. This is more a function of playing his best years on some awful Florida teams, but still an amazing statistic.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
He's looked fairly good tonight Although, Toronto has not looked very engaged in this game, to be much of a test.

However, winning only 2 of 10 faceoffs os pretty poor, and I hope not indicative of what he can do (although, he's not all that much better, as his % for the season is only 41! Goc is a LOT better at that, and better on defence. But Olli can play both centre and LW, and so, is versatile. I suppose when Olli plays 4th Line centre, if Olli continues to be inadequate at faceoffs, Ott can take them for him. And when he fills in on The 3rd Line, Berglund (who is also not very good at it(47%)) can take them.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
OT: I know cure for this Robb's syndrome, don't write another Blues thread while we have game going on or post every thread and mod's have so much work to do after game. I prefer last one :sarcasm:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
OT: I know cure for this Robb's syndrome, don't write another Blues thread while we have game going on or post every thread and mod's have so much work to do after game. I prefer last one :sarcasm:

That's my motto!

I disobeyed that rule tonight and posted on this thread. But I didn't make the wrong thread mistake, despite being very sleepy (as usual) :laugh::laugh::laugh: .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad