Confirmed with Link: Blues acquire Olli Jokinen for Lindström & Conditional 6th

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
If we do end up needing to play him, make sure we get him some Mickey D's first.

BlueBob

Oct 21, 2013
Olli will be primed to play against Nashville... if the Blues get that far and if he gets any minutes.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I get the Jokinen has been awful this year, but it is a bit surprising seeing so many Blues fan **** on this trade when your second line centre has been absolutely awful since the end of November.

Lehtera, playing with Tarasenko, has what, 8 points in his last 30 games? This team definitely needed to do something about their centre ice position.

I would bump Statsny up to line two and use Jokinen on the third line and let Lehtera go take a nap.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Went with ambivalent. Cost was negligible, but he doesn't have a clear role to fill and there's a lot of question as to whether he has any upside left.

Where does he fit in? Or is he pure injury insurance for the bottom six?

Insurance is all he can be, right? Unless they want to give Lethera a few blows before the playoffs against lesser opponents. In that case Stastny slots up and Jokinen gets spot duty at center?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm also on board with letting Jokinen get some games in while letting Lehtera sit.

Would be a win-win. Lehtera rests, and Jokinen gets some experience with the team so he's not cold turkey if we need him in the playoffs. Let's see what he can do.

I just don't know if that's Hitchcock's philosophy though. I remember he refused to sit guys at the end of last season because he "owed it to the fans to play them." I personally hate that philosophy, because then look what happened with the injuries. This case is a little different, some guys just need a rest, but I hope he considers it.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'm also on board with letting Jokinen get some games in while letting Lehtera sit.

Would be a win-win. Lehtera rests, and Jokinen gets some experience with the team so he's not cold turkey if we need him in the playoffs. Let's see what he can do.

I just don't know if that's Hitchcock's philosophy though. I remember he refused to sit guys at the end of last season because he "owed it to the fans to play them." I personally hate that philosophy, because then look what happened with the injuries. This case is a little different, some guys just need a rest, but I hope he considers it.

If Hitch hasn't learned from his mistakes last year then we are in trouble. It was clear as day to everybody that we ran out of gas at the end of the year. It would behoove Hitch to get some guys rested down the stretch.

Plus, I want to see what Jokinen can do for us.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'd be perfectly fine with replacing as many of our top 9 with plugs and the top 4 too during the final week.

With Winnipeg and Minnesota during that stretch, I don't want to see any critical injuries. That's what killed the Blues last year

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I wouldn't mind subbing jokinen in for lehtera for a game here in there. After a great start, I believe Lehtera had 23 points in 23 games at one point he has fallen off quite a bit (10 in the last 33). One of big questions about Lehtera headed into the season was how he was going to hold up down the stretch and I think fatigue is setting in. A game or two off to keep him rested come playoff time might be good idea and who knows maybe jokinen might find his old offence playing with players like Schwartz and Tarasenko.

Captain America*

I would have preferred to pick up the Finn Bergenheim instead of Jokinen.

But at least Jokinen's addition is better than keeping Lindstrom and it probably makes Lehtera happy. Steen probably is a little depressed though.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I would have preferred to pick up the Finn Bergenheim instead of Jokinen.

But at least Jokinen's addition is better than keeping Lindstrom and it probably makes Lehtera happy. Steen probably is a little depressed though.

Probably not. Lindstrom was a complete fail. Having him floating around was probably more awkward then anything. Kinda like having your little brother try and play with you and your friends.... you love him but he ends up getting in the way. :sarcasm:

Captain America*

Probably not. Lindstrom was a complete fail. Having him floating around was probably more awkward then anything. Kinda like having your little brother try and play with you and your friends.... you love him but he ends up getting in the way. :sarcasm:

I think he probably is more likely to be a little saddened by his buddies departure than he is to be ecstatic.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
compliments of /u/Skeevy_Beaver on /r/stlouisblues:

aZKx1v3.gif

Should have been a taco.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I think he probably is more likely to be a little saddened by his buddies departure than he is to be ecstatic.

He's more likely to be happy that his buddy got to go to a team where he might actually play.
It couldn't have been easy for Lindstrom to be riding the PB for almost the whole season when he's trying to re-establish himself as a viable NHL'er.

Captain America*

He's more likely to be happy that his buddy got to go to a team where he might actually play.
It couldn't have been easy for Lindstrom to be riding the PB for almost the whole season when he's trying to re-establish himself as a viable NHL'er.

We'll just say he has mixed feelings. Happy for his buddy to receive ice time and saddened his buddy's experiment in St.Louis didn't go as planned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad