Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
giphy.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
STL 3 - PIT - 0: Penguins singing those "I score on Hutton" blues.

Blah.

Just couldn't score on friggin Hutton.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Good news is Bonino showed some semblance of a pulse.

Lock Sheary the **** up. He's only gonna get better.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Trap game. They needed the first goal tonight. Brush off and move on, hope Letang comes back healthy for the stretch run and playoffs.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Man, that was bad.

Nick Bonino is not an NHL player at this point. Not this his teammates were much better, but he continues to flat out stink every game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pretty much nobody, save Sheary, showed tonight. Guys were coasting. Everyone was out of sync.

Dumoulin was ******* awful, but he's got an excuse. Bonino was worse, and he doesn't.

It doesn't help that the Pens played a team tonight that interfered all over the ice. And, I'm not talking Babcock style interference. They didn't even pretend. This was dead puck era style.

I'd like to say you take the tape and burn it. BUT, this is becoming a recurring theme. And, that is a concern. Maybe it will be as easy as everyone flipping the switch. All that's left is to hope so.

Last Thought: Columbus reminds me of this St Louis team in terms of how St Louis played tonight. Not as much interference, but playing big, and Columbus plays a faster, more skilled game up front and from the blueline. That's the matchup I hate for the Pens. Not the Caps. Not the Habs. Not anyone else in the East.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
+1 more game before another break the guys knicked up could use.

And yea, Sully should start thinking about making Cully the 3C when he gets back.
Hell, he should throw Fehr there right now.
Can't be any worse than Bones on most nights.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Round hole square peg game. Pens were trying to force it all night, really struggled with the puck handling and pass receiving. When it's not your night, nothing will work. Oh well, on to the next.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Man, that was bad.

Nick Bonino is not an NHL player at this point. Not this his teammates were much better, but he continues to flat out stink every game.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. That line is so bad at possession because they literally can't pass to one another cleanly. They chase every shift making them all tired, they barely have the sense to know where to go when they do have the puck and none of them play to their strengths. If you can't hit Kessel or Hagelin cleanly in stride, whats the point. And now that stuff is rubbing off on Kessel, even he wasn't making good passes tonight. That line is dead.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Funny game, hockey.

We've been scoring oodles of goals coming in and have the best home record in the league.
St.Louis have been crap away and have been giving up tons of goals.

3-0 St.Louis.... Meh.

Big night from Hutton, 0-5 on the PP and too many guys being off key. Suppose you just have to shrug it off and say long season. At least Columbus lost too and Caps are losing 2-0 at Ottawa at the halfway point.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Kessel looks like he's never going to score 5vs5 anymore. They need to split HBK up

They do or atleast insert another Centerman in there.

Sheary-Sid-Horny
Hags/Jake-G-Phil
Hags/Jake-Cullen-Rust
etc.

If they'd only let Horny get back with Sid, we could get this possibly.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Ok Milbury, the Blues aren't good enough to play an open game, so they played the "perfect game" by making it unwatchable. This is the style you can sell casual fans on for increased revenue and league growth, I tell you.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Funny game, hockey.

We've been scoring oodles of goals coming in and have the best home record in the league.
St.Louis have been crap away and have been giving up tons of goals.

3-0 St.Louis.... Meh.

Big night from Hutton, 0-5 on the PP and too many guys being off key. Suppose you just have to shrug it off and say long season. At least Columbus lost too and Caps are losing 2-0 at Ottawa at the halfway point.

PP kind of pisses me off. Beyond Phil being a cluster, I do not get Geno seeing the right half wall on only 1 of 5 PP's, and I don't get even more how they send him up to the blue line on the left and then just almost exclusively ignore their best PP player at gaining the zone on the breakout and zone entry.

EDIT: One other thing on the PP . . . when they dump, there's zero purpose. Forecheckers are coming with speed. There's no high-low positioning for the wrap arounds along the walls . . . :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad