Prospect Info: Blues 2021-2022 Prospects Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I thought I read somewhere that the Blues had contacted the Remparts management about wanting them to play Bolduc at C, or something like that. So I'm a bit surprised he's still at left wing.

I don't know why they would ask that. Bolduc has barely played as a center for the past 3 seasons and he's more suited as a winger.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I don't know why they would ask that. Bolduc has barely played as a center for the past 3 seasons and he's more suited as a winger.
The rumor is that we think he's well suited to play center in the NHL. I don't know of anyone else who shares that view and I don't think it has ever been said publicly by the team. But it's been out there for a while now.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
The rumor is that we think he's well suited to play center in the NHL. I don't know of anyone else who shares that view and I don't think it has ever been said publicly by the team. But it's been out there for a while now.
I think Bolduc actually said that the Blues want him to play center. I’ll see if I can find the quote, but that’s what I recall - likely from a JR Athletic article.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I think Bolduc actually said that the Blues want him to play center. I’ll see if I can find the quote, but that’s what I recall - likely from a JR Athletic article.
I remember reading that somewhere as well FWIW.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
E.P. Rinkside just left Bolduc off their top 100 prospects list, gave him an HM.

I'll gather the pitchforks and torches, meet me back here and we'll decide when to storm their main office.

200w.gif

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
E.P. Rinkside just left Bolduc off their top 100 prospects list, gave him an HM.

I'll gather the pitchforks and torches, meet me back here and we'll decide when to storm their main office.

View attachment 583956
Perunovich 65th and Snuggerud 72nd.

I don’t really follow the prospects of the other teams enough to really say where Bolduc should rank overall but it does seem that he’s a bit of an afterthought for most. Which is odd. I’d expect more hype for a guy that just scored 55 goals in 65 games. And then another 8 in 12 playoff games.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007

I don’t really follow the prospects of the other teams enough to really say where Bolduc should rank overall but it does seem that he’s a bit of an afterthought for most. Which is odd. I’d expect more hype for a guy that just scored 55 goals in 65 games. And then another 8 in 12 playoff games.

Yeah I don't really know where he'd rank either, I was just having some fun with it. But.... you would think he'd be inside the top 100 based of his last season.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014

CHL stats aren't everything, but it seems like piling up goals as an 18/19 year old should count for a bit more. He was one of just eight guys who scored 50+ goals in the CHL last year and he's the 3rd youngest in that group. Only 4 guys across the CHL hit 55 goals last year and he's the youngest of that group by a wide margin (he's 10 months younger than the next youngest). He didn't score 55 goals as an overage player or even as a non-overage player in his draft +2 season. He was an 18 year old who turned 19 with just a couple months left in his draft +1 season.

With that said, Ty Rattie scored 57 goals in his draft +1 season, so CHL stats aren't everything.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
CHL stats aren't everything, but it seems like piling up goals as an 18/19 year old should count for a bit more. He was one of just eight guys who scored 50+ goals in the CHL last year and he's the 3rd youngest in that group. Only 4 guys across the CHL hit 55 goals last year and he's the youngest of that group by a wide margin (he's 10 months younger than the next youngest). He didn't score 55 goals as an overage player or even as a non-overage player in his draft +2 season. He was an 18 year old who turned 19 with just a couple months left in his draft +1 season.

With that said, Ty Rattie scored 57 goals in his draft +1 season, so CHL stats aren't everything.
Especially scoring stats from The Q!

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
2-0 down, 2 goals by Jordan Dumais.

I'm usually not a fan of undersized players at the draft, but I had him on my list as a potential draft steal. He's the 2022 version of Johnny Gaudreau.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yep, I really wanted Dumais too. Small but 109 pts as a 17 year old? You have to be very very talented to do that.

Neighbours hit the crossbar about 10 seconds into the game and had a big hit along the right boards.

Bolduc had the turnover that led to the 1st CBJ goal.

Now 3-0. This Columbus roster is simply way better. Much higher caliber of players they brought.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
Bolduc isn't a center so they're not doing him any favors playing him in an unfamiliar position. Disappointing to me as someone who wanted to see him creating offense off the wing.

Reactions: SergeConstantin74

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
ellis is on his own out there. not playing great, but not getting any help at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad