blue wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
We aren't a particularly good third period term, that is the most worrying aspect for me going into the postseason.

Berglund is a ****ing idiot. Can't believe they kept the ****** over Sobotka.

That is Doug Armstrong overplaying his hand. Something he has done a few times.

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
That weird emotion where you wake up, log onto the HFboards- St.Louis GDT, realise by the first few posts you are reading on the last page of the GDT that the team has clearly lost, then see that you at least made it to OT on the road and subsequently having no idea whether to be relieved or join in the chorus of anger... I'll go with relief at getting a point (until I see the replay of the BS OT GWG that is).

I am just glad that we don't face Detroit more than twice these days. I can do without games with 6-7 PPs for each team.

Blues88

Apr 27, 2009
St. Louis
the entire 3rd period was spent shorthanded. when they were not SH, the wings were actually crying to the refs to make us SH.

nhl has this circus going on during a national tv game, great way to sell the game to people :shakehead

They didn't generate at even strength anyway. Let's not act like its some conspiracy. The game was poorly officiated but the Blues weren't sharp. Oshie in particular killed any kind of pressure or transition his line tried to get going.

Crying to the refs? Blues started a ton of those scrums and got 4-4s out of most of them. Butler chopped down Abdelkader? and Berglund cross checked the **** out of Tatar along the wall to kill the play and we end up even. If things were reversed, Hitchcock would have lost his mind. We didn't lose due to officiating.

Bouwmeester and Oshie were above and beyond bad today.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Way to go to my whipping boy Berglund taking a late penalty and costing a loss of another valuable point and no more games in hand with Nashville to boot. Anyways, back to the History of Hockey for me.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I think AP may be the only guy who played well all day. Others showed flashes of brilliance and invisibility. Not a good team game, too many errors on our part.

SweetyV

Apr 27, 2014
Goal shouldn't have counted, we played a pretty decent game considering the refs were whistle happy all night.

Allen was a stud. Needs to start next game.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Goal shouldn't have counted, we played a pretty decent game considering the refs were whistle happy all night.

I disagree. Allen played okay today, made some good saves, but butchered the OT goal by sliding right out of the way and overplaying his angle. His glove and positioning were hit and miss today. He kept it close and the team fell apart, but you can't just slide outta your crease on a shot from the half boards when your team's on a PK.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Onto Tuesday. We're still 1pt on Nashville, so they have to win more then the Blue. Last night was a gimme game for them. Beating the worst team in the league isn't a confidence booster. Brutal luck weekend for the Blues though

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Of the 3 losses, I'm not really angry with this or the Winnipeg loss. This game was lost in OT, Winnipeg in a SO. Yesterday was not good, however.

And I'd rather Bortuzzo play over Butler. Still don't understand why Goc is getting scratched.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I've stayed away from complaining about Berglund for most of the year, but my god I am so sick of him. The amount of times he is just ****ing useless is unreal. I don't care if he backchecks. Porter ****ing backchecks. Hell Rattie backchecks. You don't pay a guy 3.7 million to ****ing backcheck. The amount of times the offense just dies on his cycle, or a pass goes by him because he doesn't have his stick on the ice is unbelievable. Simple, basic, hockey 101 **** that he can't ****ing do. and OH MY ****ING GOD STOP SKATING INTO THE HALF WALL AND PULLING UP YOU 6' 4" 220 LBS OF CREAMY SOFT POO. Wow, I needed that. Thank you all for listening.

I'd honestly rather have Porter in over him at this point, just not with Backes and Oshie. If Sobotka gets healthy and wants to play the last 5 regular season games and the playoffs, I'm totally cool with that.

Also, I think it's time to break up Schwartz and Tarasenko. I'd like to see Jaskin/Lehtera/Tarasenko and Schwartz/Stastny/Oshie and Berglund/Backes/Steen.

Still pissed we didn't get JVR.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I disagree. Allen played okay today, made some good saves, but butchered the OT goal by sliding right out of the way and overplaying his angle. His glove and positioning were hit and miss today. He kept it close and the team fell apart, but you can't just slide outta your crease on a shot from the half boards when your team's on a PK.

we dont get a point today without allen and his glove save at the end of the 3rd

blues top players are not playing like it. the first line looks like the walking dead right now, they have to be better

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
we dont get a point today without allen and his glove save at the end of the 3rd

blues top players are not playing like it. the first line looks like the walking dead right now, they have to be better

The majority of the team needs to pick up its play.

They just went 0-1-2 in their last 3 games on the road.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Berglund is a ****ing idiot. Can't believe they kept the ****** over Sobotka.

Didn't Sobotka get injured in the cream puff league that is the KHL. He was injured for a big portion of last season as well. The little guy with the gall to have entitlement issues sure isn't very durable.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
If the Blues pull out a win on Tuesday their road trip will be 3-1-2. That includes two b2b. Not bad really.

yeah and then they will get 4 days or so off which will be well deserved, possibly get shatty back then too. this weekend has been some of the worst luck i can remember. yesterdays puck luck for the wild was a joke and then today the officiating was so bad (both ways but especially on our side) and capped off with a illegal broken stick goal. atleast we got a point and it is a very big one as it keeps us ahead of Nashville.

either way I liked what kelly chase said. he said the refs need to give their jerseys back to footlocker by 5pm cause they are not nhl officials :handclap::D

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

That would be stupid he's not our PO starter, Elliott is and you don't start a carrousel now with 9 games left. Except for the 2nd of B2B's Elliott should be starting every game from here on out.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Tough road trip, top caliber opponents, 3rd game in 4 days, back to back day game. Honestly, I'm pleased they got a point.

That fact is, they lead the division after that nasty stretch.....and if they can play even with Nashville and Chicago from here out, the Blues get the division crown.

This is a game I thought they'd lose before the road trip started, although I didn't expect to get beaten in Minnesota like that. The next stretch gets more reasonable for a while, and the team will get a big boost from Shattenkirk returning.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Didn't Sobotka get injured in the cream puff league that is the KHL. He was injured for a big portion of last season as well. The little guy with the gall to have entitlement issues sure isn't very durable.

Sorry, I see quite red when you say he isn't that durable. Maybe his playing style is quite bad and he puts himself always bad position and give everything to the team. Doesn't think too much about himself. 50% healthy Sobotka is better then Berglund. You can see those in these clips. They all are in time segment (spring time 2014):

I wouldn't hesitate if there would change to get Sobotka then Berglund.

I will say this, Army 300k business playing hard will backfire in some point.

Last edited:

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
At the end of the day it's still illegal to play a puck with a broken stick, much less score a goal with one.

The problem with the NHL is that they have no balls and even simple stupid fixes is beyond their capabilities.

Hey, believe it or not, something can be illegal and not be a penalty and still be reviewed..oh and some things are illegal and are a penalty and need to still be reviewed.

He used a broken stick, which is illegal to score a goal in overtime in a pretty critical game for both teams.

If the NHL can make changes on the fly as they do every year, this needs to be one of them. They are such hypocrites though that they won't even admit an error in today's game.

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
As someone else said, remember that illegal yet overlooked goal and the extra point that the Red Wings got after the regular season's over. If I were a fan of one of Detroit easter conference opponents I'd be really upset right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad