blue wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I won't lie I was pissed off by this goal in the OT, but then I've remembered last season's game vs Islanders and their disallowed goal in the OT. So there is balance in the Universe lol.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
At the end of the day it's still illegal to play a puck with a broken stick, much less score a goal with one.

The problem with the NHL is that they have no balls and even simple stupid fixes is beyond their capabilities.

Hey, believe it or not, something can be illegal and not be a penalty and still be reviewed..oh and some things are illegal and are a penalty and need to still be reviewed.

He used a broken stick, which is illegal to score a goal in overtime in a pretty critical game for both teams.

If the NHL can make changes on the fly as they do every year, this needs to be one of them. They are such hypocrites though that they won't even admit an error in today's game.

yep the league has already done as you said, they simply wont admit it shouldnt have been a goal.

https://twitter.com/jprutherford/status/579741822647472128

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The most upsetting part to me isn't even that they blew the call(it happens), but that the league won't even acknowledge the call was blown. You basically have to see a Stephane Auger vs Burrows incident for the league to come out and admit the ref was wrong. That upsets me.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets fan here, sorry to see you guys lose out on a possible point because of a bad call. He broke his own stick on your goalies pad and then proceeded to whack it in with a floppy twig. Doesn't seem like the kinda call that should be ignored at this time of the year.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Jets fan here, sorry to see you guys lose out on a possible point because of a bad call. He broke his own stick on your goalies pad and then proceeded to whack it in with a floppy twig. Doesn't seem like the kinda call that should be ignored at this time of the year.
Good thing we're not fighting for the last WC spot, eh?

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I don't know if I'm more pissed at this goal or the goal that got the Hawks into the playoffs when Hossa kicked it in.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't know if I'm more pissed at this goal or the goal that got the Hawks into the playoffs when Hossa kicked it in.
Definitely the Hossa goal.

Since the Wings are in the East I really don't care that much. But my gosh, that Hossa call was absolutely horrendous, especially considering they reviewed it and still got it way wrong.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
To paraphrase Darryl Sutter, "I'm sure it'll go somewhere between 4 and 7 games!".

That is still the best answer ever!

Is it wrong that I have been pissed at the Blues for their last five losses? It just seems like they are going to coast into the playoffs, just like most years, and be flat footed against teams that are running full tilt/prepared? Hell when we beat San Jose, it literally took Vlasic putting the puck in his own net for our favor to turn. I was in San Jose for game three and the atmosphere was sucked out of that place, we did not win that series so much as San Jose had a Bergevin throwing the puck in his own net deflation.....

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Definitely the Hossa goal.

Since the Wings are in the East I really don't care that much. But my gosh, that Hossa call was absolutely horrendous, especially considering they reviewed it and still got it way wrong.

That Hossa goal was the moment I became a tin-foil-hat wearing conspiracy theorist regarding the NHL.

Moments like this, I have no hope for the Blues ever winning a Cup. The league absolutely will not allow a small market like St. Louis to waste a merchandise cash-grab garb fest from a Stanley Cup winner.

St. Louis needs 2 million more people before we'll see Lord Stanley.

Hooray integrity!

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

There's no real reason to be upset about that goal yesterday. It was the wrong call for sure, but it's hard as hell to make at that instant and not reviewable. It sucks for us, but it happens. The Hossa goal was awful then and now. It's like comparing murder to petty theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad