GDT: blue stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Great bounce-back road back-to-back 2nd game win after such a disappointing game last night. LOTS of Blues really came to play tonight. Allen, Pietrangelo, Gunnersson, Michalek, Stastny, Tarasenko, Oshie, Backes, Jaskin, Berglund, Goc. Wow!! I've already forgotten their lousy showing last night.

SweetyV

Apr 27, 2014
Allen was on fire. 7-1-1 in his last nine. Need to give him the next one and see what he can do.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
"Nah Allen will pull out a shutout so we can have our goalie controversy back.

Also the Predators are winning which insures the Blues win tomorrow since they only seem interested in hanging with the Preds"

Posted this yesterday in the Minnesota GDT.

Called it!

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Elliott needs to start as many games as possible down the stretch to be geared up for the PO's. Don't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to start bickering over who our PO starter is now, with 13 games left in the regular season. Yes Allen had a good game, but I don't want him in net in the PO's to watch pucks go by him in droves by way of his lower stick side (which is his worst spot) but just stick side in general really.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
And Anaheim has scored 3 in the 3rd to take the lead with 6 minutes left, and the ducks are on the PP.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Did Anaheim even get a shot off in the second? I watched most of the period, and the started the second with already having 10 shots on goal. By the last few minutes of the period when I stopped watching, they still only had 10 SOG and were down 2-0. Must have been a heck of a first 15 minutes of the 3rd, sucks I'm at work and can only watch parts when I get the opportunity to open my laptop.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Yes, 4-2 Ducks with 4 minutes left! If I post more about this game, I'll do it in the "Around the NHL discussion" thread after this post, sorry mods.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
The second spot in the conference is the sweet spot right now. We avoid the Hawks and Kings and play the Wild. Who we are vastly superior to.

LGB51

Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Really pulling for Winnipeg throughout the rest of the season. As of right now, they are the last wild card spot in the west, with LA on the outside looking in. I'd like it to stay that way.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How did Jackman - Lindbohm pair worked/looked compare to Jackman - Bortuzzo?

(didn't watch the game, was too tired)

Watch boxscore (TOI's):

(btw I just predict those were pairs idk really for sure)

Code:
Jbo (22:48) - Pietro (25:08)
Gunnar (20:17) - Michalek (18:48)
Jackman (16:12) - Lindbohm (13:55)

Code:
Jbo          7:19 SH TOI
Pietro       6:34 SH TOI
Gunnar     4:15 SH TOI
Michalek   3:14 SH TOI
Jackman   2:05 SH TOI
Lindbohm  0:33 SH TOI

I think that is quite terrible why on earth Hitch wants to put out of gas Jbo and Pietro. Release Jbo and Pietro SH icetime and put pressure guys who aren't going to play maybe playoffs or get SH icetime in playoffs. Lindboh/Bortuzzo. Coaches have been carefull, but I would like they would get more and more release top2 D's. You cannot be overcautious when most important games are near, over that hill.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Gunnerson Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Lindbohm
Jackman Michalek

That was the pairings.

Alot of time for the PK last night, but they were awesome. So I can't blame hitch, I'd expect to see Michalek's time shoot up once he's use to the system

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad