3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Brutal loss considering St Louis didn’t even have a scoring chance that whole 3rd period and just win on a stupid bounce. Georgiev should’ve had that.

Something really bothering me is this apparent thought of the coaching staff that Lemieux is a Kreider replacement. He’s not. He’s nowhere near as effective. Using him in Kreider’s role which he’s out isn’t working. They’re both gritty but that’s about the only similarities. Kreider is elite net front and at puck retrieval. He is far more skilled than he gets credit for and has great hockey sense around the net. He knows when to screen, when to tip, when to pop out, when to pass and when to shoot. He’s just elite net front. Lemieux is not even remotely close.

Lemieux is horrible on the boards and at retrieving pucks, it’s one of the most important functions of Kreider in the OZ. Lemmy just isn’t good at it. And he seems to have not great decision making in front of the net.

I feel like he had a couple net front goals and is a gritty player with some skill so the staff decided he’s Kreider lite and sticks with it even though it’s not working. You’re better off with Kakko or Chytil or even Gauthier in that spot. At least seeing what you have in them there.

Idk why I’m bothering though bc we all know Howden is the next man up no matter what. Ugh.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Man we deserved at least a point for that effort. I am not really discouraged by this loss, so many non calls, refs really gave the Blues a lot of help. Still a great effort against a great team missing Igor and Kreider.

Reactions: belford22

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
It's funny, once the Rangers started playing actual good teams, they can't beat them.

I mean, not funny, because anybody with eyes that work could have seen that coming.

This team is not anywhere near ready to be in the NHL playoffs.
That’s really not true lol. They lost their top line winger and have some high upside guys just getting a taste of playoff style hockey. They were rolling until Igor and Kreider got hurt.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
They just functionally played a playoff game against the Cup champs and outplayed them.

They are, on a good night, as good as any 7th/8th seed who will appear. It's consistency going forward.
I disagree. If you look at the teams they've lost to recently, they're all the ones in playoff position. Playing well and losing is meaningless when the game is on the line. They don't hand you two points for "out playing" another team. You get the 2 by scoring more goals than them. This is also a team they've lost to earlier in the season.

When this team can consistently hang with the big boys, then they'll be ready. But that's very clearly not the case here.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This team only went on a run because of elite goaltending and scoring goals. George and Hank weren’t gonna get us in. George loves to give up the awful beer league goal loves it.

Strome again turns the game around

Refs swallowed the whistles let St. Louis do whatever they wanted.

Lemieux on the pp and on 6 on 5? That’s ridiculous just nonsense.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I'm picturing you two making out and only stopping to tell each other how much Kappo sucks in between breaths
That you're this tilted at some very, very, very mild criticism of your dear sweet boy Kappo says more about you than me or uh, I don't even know his name, just the avatar. I think it's will1066.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Brutal loss considering St Louis didn’t even have a scoring chance that whole 3rd period and just win on a stupid bounce. Georgiev should’ve had that.

Something really bothering me is this apparent thought of the coaching staff that Lemieux is a Kreider replacement. He’s not. He’s nowhere near as effective. Using him in Kreider’s role which he’s out isn’t working. They’re both gritty but that’s about the only similarities. Kreider is elite net front and at puck retrieval. He is far more skilled than he gets credit for and has great hockey sense around the net. He knows when to screen, when to tip, when to pop out, when to pass and when to shoot. He’s just elite net front. Lemieux is not even remotely close.

Lemieux is horrible on the boards and at retrieving pucks, it’s one of the most important functions of Kreider in the OZ. Lemmy just isn’t good at it. And he seems to have not great decision making in front of the net.

I feel like he had a couple net front goals and is a gritty player with some skill so the staff decided he’s Kreider lite and sticks with it even though it’s not working. You’re better off with Kakko or Chytil or even Gauthier in that spot. At least seeing what you have in them there.

Idk why I’m bothering though bc we all know Howden is the next man up no matter what. Ugh.
How are you better with KAKKO out there over Lemieux as far as board play goes? Lemieux battles hard and will work tirelessly to get the puck back. Kakko doesn’t have that yet. Gauthier is a guy I thought he was going to come out with. He had him on the ice listening during the timeout.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I would like to call Panarin out here...STOP PASSING THE PUCK SO MUCH. SHOOT THE f***ING PUCK.

Yeah this. It get he wants to set guys up but when you're slashing into the slot dont pass it away from the net, f***ing shoot it! He has the best or 2nd best shot on the team, USE IT!

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Did you just watch them take on the Stanley Cup champs? Not anywhere near ready? Anywhere?

Dumb....just plain dumb.
What's dumb is you thinking a participation award for playing a game well and losing is somehow an indication of something other than the team who has consistently played better all season won and the team that is young and rebuilding lost.

They got the 2 points, not us.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Damn this loss is really hitting hard. I feel like shit right now. We needed this one and we almost had it against a good team.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Without depth, these winnable games are lost too much for us to be a playoff team. 2 picks in the mid 1st isn't bad. Hopefully Bobrov has more oversight on drafting some skilled forwards. This team is nothing more than our top 3 forwards and top 2 defensemen and top goalie.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
What's dumb is you thinking a participation award for playing a game well and losing is somehow an indication of something other than the team who has consistently played better all season won and the team that is young and rebuilding lost.

They got the 2 points, not us.

Only Sith deal in absolutes, my dude

Reactions: Siddi

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Man we deserved at least a point for that effort. I am not really discouraged by this loss, so many non calls, refs really gave the Blues a lot of help. Still a great effort against a great team missing Igor and Kreider.

Problem is we need all the points we can get now. This time of the season when in the hunt , I’d be happier to pull out a sloppy effort and get at least a point and fix things next game.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Frustrating loss, but these are the games they need to play in. They'll hopefully learn that they need to play this way all the time. That's the growth for this team.

That's a well oiled machine with vets and youth mixed in, but their youth have the experience that we don't have yet.

That being said, the refs in this game went completely blind. Blues took more penalties, but we got away with ours too. Not as many, but the refs could have evened it out.

They do this next game, they'll beat Washington.

Either way, we all said that the run put them in important March games. These are them. Win or lose, the team has done well and if they play games like these, they'll make it close.

Reactions: m1a2lt and egelband

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
But the real issue with this game, aside from Binnington and bounces... is faceoffs. We were all over them and had a metric shit ton of offensive zone faceoffs and i'm pretty sure we lost like every single one. Even the Blues broadcast mentioned it. Our absolute suckage at faceoffs has directly led to so many losses this season. Its the most aggravating thing about our team.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad