GDT: Blue Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm really starting to worry about the blues offensive capability in PO type games. You have to be able to put it away in regulation, even when games get tighter like this. Even if they win a 7 game series, they'd be dead tired for the next round.

*edit* Being that they ended it during the 5 minute OT, that counts as a ROW right?

Yes.

Regulation overtime win

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
nice goal by steenkos

now for the remainder of the season can we please get good officiating, is that really too much to ask for?

ryman112

Dec 9, 2012
I'm really starting to worry about the blues offensive capability in PO type games. You have to be able to put it away in regulation, even when games get tighter like this. Even if they win a 7 game series, they'd be dead tired for the next round.

*edit* Being that they ended it during the 5 minute OT, that counts as a ROW right?

yes it counts

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Well I almost had it with Michalek, great tip by Steener

Really? I have really been impressed with Michalek's play since he put on the Blue Note. What is it about what he has been doing that you've had it with?

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
I got mixed feeling when I saw Petteri is playing with Pietro. I think he has been decent, couple mistakes. But overally I liked how they passing puck together and really everybody counts on Lindbohm plays. Could Lindbohm presense (physical) give Pietro more release to o-zone. Ofc this game we haven't seen good pressuse on o-zone. I think next game on home will give us better perspective where we really stand on.

You really see boys are bit of tired now and gas out.

Hah, Michalek backfires my barking. Gret play by Michalek. Nicely done.

Petro was great tonight and maybe there is something to your point - that having a more physical defenseman paired with him brings out his best. I was worried about the pairing of Lindbohm and Petro but they, and especially Petro, were terrific overall

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This 3 day rest will be nice, boys deserve 1-2 day off. Hitch boys need rest, no practise.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
nah allen will let in some softies. this team does not finish and is not competing right now, basically they are in playoff mode. ofcourse it doesnt help to have the refs being terrible AGAIN

Wrong again. Shocker.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
such a smart great play by steen. You can seem him take time to look up and find his passing lane while his foot is on the puck. Then he kicks it forward, makes the pass, and drives to the net. well done Steener

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
such a smart great play by steen. You can seem him take time to look up and find his passing lane while his foot is on the puck. Then he kicks it forward, makes the pass, and drives to the net. well done Steener

Yea Steen OWNED the Penguins on that one

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003

I'm usually all over him, so I'll give Michalek some credit there too. Put it right on Steen's stick. Not sure Steen put any power into that deflection. Michalek just did the geometry.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
I'm loving the Bortuzzo acquisition. looking like a fantastic move. Good interview with Panger.

Now lets go Not-Preds. Down 1-2 in 2nd to Montreal

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
Me either. Maybe the master elkeanio could make one for you. Good calls!
This probably will take some special software to do the job, I am not that skilled unfortunately. But I always can add some profanity to a picture :bb:

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
I'm usually all over him, so I'll give Michalek some credit there too. Put it right on Steen's stick. Not sure Steen put any power into that deflection. Michalek just did the geometry.

Yeah, credit to Michalek there too. He read the play perfectly and made a great slap-pass.

In my mind, Steen looked up while holding the puck and the two locked eyes, and just knew. It gets overly romantic and sappy from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad