GDT: Blue Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
What is Hitch's fascination of putting Porter on lines where he doesn't belong? I don't get sitting Jaskin, unless it's a maintenance day.

Definitely interested in seeing how Lindbohm looks with Petro though.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Yeah, Gunnarson is listed as day-to-day. Hopefully that is the actual situation and not the games that get played with injury reports late in the season.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I demand a ****ing win!

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I've got no problem having different players sit, even if it's just motivational tactics. I think Porter plays with high intensity, speed and less skill. But it can get a line back to playing north/south hockey that Hitchcock likes.

What an awesome story Lindbohm has become. Comes to camp, fights for a spot with no expectations, takes management's advice that he's close to being NHL ready and takes a chance on going to the AHL. Makes the most of his call-up, and eventually makes Leopold expendable. Tonight he's paired with Pietro, will get big minutes, and most of us won't even consider it noteworthy.

These are the stories I hope for each year in camp.....someone who defies expectations.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
What is Hitch's fascination of putting Porter on lines where he doesn't belong? I don't get sitting Jaskin, unless it's a maintenance day.

As we were discussing in the other thread, this isn't a Hitch issue, it's an Armstrong issue. Jaskin is not a guy that you're going to be able to rely on for production night in and night out at this stage of his career when the intensity gets dialed up. Berglund is what he is. And now he's been forced to rotate mediocre bottom liners in and out of the lineup because that 3rd line wing spot wasn't upgraded at the deadline.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Definitely interested in seeing how Lindbohm looks with Pietro though.

It was said that Jaskin needed a reset Day. Hopefully we'll see Goc stay put for now on and move players in and out. Jaskin has been fairly "invisible" lately. He hasn't been heavy on the for check and knocking guys off the puck, he's going back to trying to play a skill again. He came out on fire after Hitch benched him last time.

I'm very excited to see Lindbohm with Peterangelo. He's already played 20min games. Now he get to try and pummel Snozby. I'm not expecting him to wow us but if he shows this early he's capable of top 4 time and play. It really makes things interesting, he's a physical puck mover, and we need that

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
Hitch wasn't so high on Porter last year. Don't know what changed but it's nice to see his hard work was rewarded. He is what he is, but he's a fine fill in for jaskin. Considering lehtera has been slowing down I'd get him some some rest down the stretch too.

i don't know how you guys could see that was backes in elks gif. Too fast for me.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Not sure Allen's last outing warrants starting today, but both goalies appear to be struggling a bit in the past couple games, so I guess it can't hurt to shake up the rotation.

Glad to see Bortuzzo back, have been pleased with his game most of the time. Lindbohm on the top line will be interesting. Certainly a better option than Butler, who appears to be back to pre-season form, which is not good.

Hope the team plays more disciplined tonight. Pittsburgh takes a lot of penalties and the power play could build some momentum tonight.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Allen's been great in his past 2 starts...

His game versus the Wings wasn't bad except for the OT goal, over committed and slid right out of the way. Stickgate wouldn't be a big deal if he'd have stayed in the net.

I don't mean to say he's not playing well enough to start, just expected Hitch to go back to Elliott after a rough ending to the last game.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii

Definitely interested in seeing how Lindbohm looks with Petro though.

It's the chicago-bickell vancouver-kassian move of shoehorning a 4th liner into the top 6. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad