GDT: Blue Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I have to say when Allen is on he is on. To me it is all about consistency with him now and once he gets that down I could see him stealing the job away from Elliott sometime next year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
When Allen's on he's very good, but you can pretty much count on a weak-ish goal per game with him. I like him though and hopefully he can become more consistent.

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
You could tell Allen was mad at himself after the 2nd goal, then started to get super competitive and went into Jonathan Quick Playoff Mode.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
If Elliott went down, I'd still feel the Blues had as good a chance with Allen.

Michalek is a step behind almost constantly. He needs more games with the team and a steady partner. I hope there is time. Frankly, Bortuzzo has looked better than him. I also didn't mind seeing Cole get exposed on the 2nd goal.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
If Elliott went down, I'd still feel the Blues had as good a chance with Allen.

Michalek is a step behind almost constantly. He needs more games with the team and a steady partner. I hope there is time. Frankly, Bortuzzo has looked better than him. I also didn't mind seeing Cole get exposed on the 2nd goal.

hehe me either :naughty: :sarcasm: :laugh:

Bobbuzzo has been pretty reliable so far. Would not mind him seeing a stretch of games to see if he can consistently play like this.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
As soon as he gets the championship mentality, he'll be lights out.

Not sure how else to phrase that.

Has Allen had that at any point in his career? Did he not struggle in big games in junior/AHL? Or was that always overblown?

I'm still hopefully that he'll be the #1 in a couple of years, but I'm not as high on him as others.

Lakebum

Apr 2, 2014
With Elliot and Allen I'm like some of you and hesitant. We see flashes of great then meh. That being said maybe some of it is the mind game. They are both in new positions and will be better their second with settled in their third year. I just hope they get that time to develop but doubt it.

With Burt, I have really like what I have seen. Last night he shoved a guy clean off of the puck on the boards. In my mind the guy has been pretty darn consistent for a third pairing D man jumping in at the end of the season.

Glad to see the 4th line get some jump last night, I really hope the third line gets back to business.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Has Allen had that at any point in his career? Did he not struggle in big games in junior/AHL? Or was that always overblown?

I'm still hopefully that he'll be the #1 in a couple of years, but I'm not as high on him as others.
I'm no expert on him, but from what I've read, he collapses under big game pressure.

At no point should he be considered to start the POs.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

It's a little bit overblown from his championship game in the World Juniors. He was legitimately awful.

What speaks to his abilities in big games is his performance at the U18s. He won damn near every award he was eligible for including Best Goaltender and Tournament MVP. To me, that's still high level hockey where he showed he was capable of being great.

His numbers in the playoffs in the Q and the A(while admittedly a relatively small sample size) are all substantially worse than his regular season numbers. Never posted a .900 save percentage at any level. That's troubling.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
D's TOI:

Code:
Linbohm (22:31) - Pietro (22:33)
Jbo (22:52) - Michelek (20:35)
Jax (18:38) - Bortuzzo (14:10)

Looks like Petteri can handle bigger icetime and playing against team best forwards. Maybe that Lindbohm secure d-zone playing helped out Pietro beeing like beast. I think last night we saw Pietro one of his best performance this season. No doubt there was chemistry with Lindbohm and Pietro. Mostly I liked how they are moving puck fast, when they build up game on d-zone. Ofc there was couple times when Lindbohm get bulked down/stoned, but overall I have to say I'm very surprised and relieved rookie performance.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
From the small portion I saw, Lindbohm looked good with Petro. I've mentioned it before, but Petro seems to elevate his game when he is he primary option on his pairing. Perhaps Petteri could be an option with Petro in the furture. I like his physical game and he's not a liability when it comes to moving the puck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad